It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look At All the Lonely People (WRAP)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Think about this… you’re sitting on your couch, munching on some chips and all of a sudden you think about your parent(s), or a long time friend, maybe a sibling or a grown child… “I should go and see them”, you say aloud… you sit there thinking about the drive… the gas… having to get dressed… “I’ll just shoot them an email or a text”. . . . At the same time, your parent(s) or friend is sitting home thinking “I wish someone would come and see me, I am so lonely”. . . a few days go by and you’re on your way home from work and you think “I hate to go home to that empty house, its so lonely”. . . your phone alerts you that you have a new message. . . You open it and its from the very person you were thinking about previously, you know, the same one you decided to skip visiting and send a text or email… “Just wanted to say hi n hope you are well,

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Upon reflection, I wanted to say that texting, email and social networking sites are great tools and thanks to them, I have reconnected with a lot of classmates and family that live out of state! It wasn't my intention to make these things sound negative!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I feel like I posted this. I am very guilty of what you are talking about. I should change this in myself

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I choose not not want to change that. I cant stand being around people

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'm going to call my parents tonight! Thats the second time I've read that and it meant even more that time. Great way with words.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
felt lonely for moment

peace

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Back in '98, I walked away from my family next of kin. After I left the service, I kept becoming increasingly sensory sensitive, and one day I snapped and walked away into homelessness until 2003, when the VA treated and domeciled me. All that time, no one knew where I was or if I was dead or alive. During that time, my dad died after a long horrible illness. For some reason, his innards punctured, and when he went into a hospital, he contracted the staph there. Then died. Now,.....I live close to fam once again, no longer estranged, and see them often. Everyone has had the veil of ignorance and oppression lifted. What a difference.

new topics

top topics

join