It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Video: Freemason Symbols and Secrets / Interview with a Freemason

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Are Freemasons really as mysterious as some popular culture would have us believe? Discovery News' James Williams sits down with a member to find out:

news.discovery.com...




posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's funny you posted this video. Earlier this week I got the latest issue of California Mason magazine. The issue discusses the Marks of Mankind - symbols used by man and how symbols are also used in Masonry.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That guy is so full of it lol.

They practice Tolerance he said. "Real Tolerance."

Women aren't worthy of being tolerated though apparently. Being it's an all-male society.

The blatant hypocrisy is astronomical.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


What's got your shoes tied? Masonry is an fraternity, a brotherhood. But Masons do respect the opposite gender.
Masonry Mission

Masonry is the world's first and largest fraternal organization. It is a body of knowledge and a system of ethics based on the belief that each man has a responsibility to improve himself while being devoted to his family, faith, country, and fraternity.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sectumsempra
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


What's got your shoes tied? Masonry is an fraternity, a brotherhood. But Masons do respect the opposite gender.
Masonry Mission

Masonry is the world's first and largest fraternal organization. It is a body of knowledge and a system of ethics based on the belief that each man has a responsibility to improve himself while being devoted to his family, faith, country, and fraternity.


Ok??

How does this justify sexual discrimination?

Also, since you have to pay dues, it discriminates based on financial demographics as well.

Thats 2 for 2 now.

Women and poor folks. Wow.

So Tolerant.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


I can say the same thing about only woman groups not offering membership to men. The same with the KKK not offering membership to someone who is not consider White in their view. I cannot argue why women cannot join Masonry. It's a fraternity! Simple as that. There is also membership fees so I don't see where in your logic this makes us terrible people.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


There's a womens version of Freemasons. My mom was given the chance to join, yet said no. She said the people were cooky and had some ego issues, like when you finally are active in a fraternity in college. Let the hazing begin...



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by daleomaleo
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


There's a womens version of Freemasons. My mom was given the chance to join, yet said no. She said the people were cooky and had some ego issues, like when you finally are active in a fraternity in college. Let the hazing begin...



Order of Eastern Star, Heroines of Jericho, Ladies of the Golden Circle, Daughters of Sphinx(PHA), Rainbow Girls, Lady Knights, Guild, There are numerous female "masonic" bodies... I feel like this muzzleflash is one of those people that the gentleman in the video spoke about. Someone whos just looking for an enemy.
Also ther are forms of masonry, primarily in Europe that accepts woman right along the same ranks as men. Try doing research before arguing a point that your are ignorant of.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I went to the cemetery the other day and I came across this symbol on a grave...wondered if it was Masonic, took a picture...am curious to why they use an upside down star if its supposed to be a satanic symbol?
...the symbol is called, "The Eastern Star"!

FATAL- stands for, "Fairest Among Ten-thousand, Altogether Lovely"

Gravestone

Eastern Star

Order of The Eastern Star
edit on 1/22/2011 by Givenmay because: added link



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 

We're a Fraternity. There are affiliated groups for women. I digress though, we do practice tolerance. We are composed of men from all walks of life, skin color, race, political ideology, and religion.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That guy is so full of it lol.

They practice Tolerance he said. "Real Tolerance."

Women aren't worthy of being tolerated though apparently. Being it's an all-male society.

The blatant hypocrisy is astronomical.


Do you get your panties in as much of a twist when your local womens book club does not want men to join? Stop being so melodramtic.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Also, since you have to pay dues, it discriminates based on financial demographics as well.



Dues are typically less then $100 per year. If you do not have that much then you have far larger problems then worrying about joining a fraternity.

Also, for what it is worth, most lodges will pay the dues of members that can no longer afford them.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That guy is so full of it lol.

They practice Tolerance he said. "Real Tolerance."

Women aren't worthy of being tolerated though apparently. Being it's an all-male society.

The blatant hypocrisy is astronomical.


boy an I glad I found this post. I guess you will be the one who helps me get into the sorority over at UNC! I already have it picked out. Great building. Lots of high caliber women. I hear tell they do the naked pillow fight thing. Please let me know what I should bring for my first night.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Please let me know what I should bring for my first night.


That frilly thing that Ksig sent you for Christmas.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Video. Lots of video!

Seriously, the Freemasons are seriously misunderstood. The purpose is to make for better people and, therefore, a better society. People go to church to learn about God, what makes a good person, and how to control the lesser instincts we all have inside us. Freemasonry does it, but simply from a different viewpoint.

Think for a moment, about the Christian vs Muslim conflicts. Then consider Catholic vs Protestent. Consider the stories told about Seventh Day Adventists, Jehovah Witnesses, and Mormons. Think about what has been said about New Agers. This list could go on and on,

Sadly, one of the things we do best, as humans, is to find ways to separate us and demean one another. If we ever needed a better society, it is now!

Let's try to find ways to help each other, rather than criticize one another.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by network dude
Please let me know what I should bring for my first night.


That frilly thing that Ksig sent you for Christmas.


You are just jealous because you only got a card.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
That frilly thing that Ksig sent you for Christmas.


Originally posted by network dude
You are just jealous because you only got a card.

ROFL!!
So you did get it?!







 
1

log in

join