It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian village huge human nuclear experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
this is mad!
Villagers outside the Russian nuclear Mayak, a nuclear fuel reprocessing plant on the River Techa are kept in place to study. A major accident 50 years ago and many leaks have poisoned the area. Generations of human guinea pigs are reported on as part of a long-term radiation poisoning study. A "resettlement zone" is also in the contaminated Chelyabinsk area.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would watch the video but am not really up for it at the moment lol.

I have heard about this before, and I have seen actual photography of many of the deformed people from this area and I have even seen a freaking CYCLOPS baby in a jar of formaldehyde.

I don't know if your video has any of these photographs.

If the video is graphic, let me know.
If the video is just mostly people talking about stuff, I'll turn it on.

I am just very uneasy with radiation deformities. It's the grossest thing ever.

And probably one of the biggest CRIMES ever committed on people by governments.

The USA did it too. China did it too. France did it to pacific islanders.
I am sure the UK and India have been doing similar things as well.

Testing things on the population without their consent is 100% criminal.

I saw a Cyclops baby. I scarred my mind forever.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This is awful, 'genocide' as the activist puts it.

Is there really no way for these families to re-locate to a safer area, and I have to also ask, why would somebody want to bring a life into this 'freak show' of a village?

This is not the place to raise a child.

I hope they get help and considerable compensation.

Peace
edit on 21-1-2011 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
S&F for you. This is a great find. I dont know how some of these "researchers" can live with themselves on a daily basis knowing they do this to people. Great find again.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

damn were did you see the cyclops?
and yes its ok to watch not too graphic.
shows disabled people slightly misshaped

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
uum. WHAT THE *&^%$??
Im curious how they are "contained" there. Is there possibly a military presence at all times on all roads leading out? Which from the looks of it, might only be 1 road, but still. And they still play in, drink, bathe, and their animals also, in this highly contaminated water?

But the most confusing part to me was at the very end of the video, where he says that some of the villagers in the poisoned village have been offered money to leave. But a woman whose son is dying from radiation exposure says "It is not enough money"?? wat the....

Oh and btw, the resettlement zone is also contaminated.

That is just craziness. all of it. and very sad.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Moving requires resources.

People in the USSR were not very wealthy. Moving is almost impossible in many cases.

Also, why would people move away if they didn't even know there was a reason to move?

These tests were conducted in secret for a long time, only since the fall of the Berlin Wall are we now finally beginning to put the pieces together. It's only been 22 or 23 years.

And yes I saw the cyclops, it is from this very same village I am almost certain.
The baby was dead at birth. But had 1 huge eye in the Center of it's Head.

Genetic deformity due to radiation exposure.

That was the goal of the tests after all, to see "what would" happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok I gotta make a correction.

I did some digging and it's very possible the cyclops baby was from the Kazakhstan region. However, this is VERY close to Chelyabinsk. VERY close by.

Here is a link from another journalist who saw the same things I did.
I am sure we can find tons of photos with a simple Google search.
interesting article

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

That's crazy, looking up a cyclopse baby. Very strange how radiation can make a mutant out of someone. I don't understand why these people can't relocate anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That is probably very typical of what the NAZI and Imperial Japanese scientists who moved to Russia participated in, radiation and biological experiments of that sort. You said the USA did this sort of long term radiation experiment as well? If it's any consolation, I certainly hope the data they collected has some significantly beneficial value to the rest of society, albeit all very very saddening.

Also, maybe I should give up smoking

edit on 22-1-2011 by quantum_flux because: -

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
That is what I mean by leaving information out to change a person’s perception of the situation.

That damage and human suffering isn’t from “One nuclear accident, and leaks” Don’t let the people that made that report brain wash you into thinking that was from “ONE ACCIDENT”. There is more contamination in those areas than one nuclear accident could ever think about creating. And it isn’t “leaks” it is wonton dumping of nuclear waste products into the drinking water supply. In addition to the radiation a lot of that stuff is caused by heavy metals and everything else you can think of.

It is a result of a systematic disregard for human life, by a history of open dumping of everything dangerous known to man.

www.vision.org...

Three nuclear disasters took place at Mayak. Taken together, they were 100 times worse than the disaster at Chernobyl
…………………………………….
The first of the three disasters was a result of deliberate policy. From 1949 to 1956, 76 million cubic meters of liquid radioactive waste was systematically dumped into the nearby Techa River. People in the 24 villages that lined the river were not told of the dangers of drinking its water until four years after contamination began. As a result, tens of thousands received doses of radiation four times greater than those that were subsequently received at Chernobyl. Average individual doses for the 28,000 people most acutely exposed were 57 times greater, wrote Hertsgaard.

The next tragedy took place in 1957 when a nuclear waste storage tank at Mayak exploded, spewing about 80 metric tons of waste into the sky and irradiating more than a quarter of a million people. Ninety percent of the radioactive debris fell straight back to earth, but the remainder severely contaminated the air, water and soil in the entire Chelyabinsk region.

In 1967 a third disaster occurred, but its cause goes back to 1951 when Mayak officials, realizing they should no longer use the Techa River to dump waste, started pouring it into Lake Karachay. Drought had severely reduced the water level in the lake by 1967, leaving a layer of radioactive silt on the exposed lakebed. When unusually heavy winds blew through the area, the contaminated dust was dispersed over thousands of square miles, exposing nearly half a million people to high levels of radiation.

www.wentz.net...

In addition to pollution from the nuclear complex, the metallurgical industry has heavily contaminated this region. The Ural mountains are rich in iron ore, chromium, copper and nickel and the region has an enormous metallurgical industry. The amount of lead in the air in Chelyabinsk city is equal to the total amount of lead pollution in the Netherlands (population of 15 million) in 1982, before unleaded petrol and catalytic converters were introduced. Any improvement of air quality in the Urals has been due to the economic downturn and closing of factories. Hardly any investments have been made by the government to reduce pollution levels.
………………………..
Soon after the Mayak nuclear complex became operational, death and diseases in the region increased dramatically due to the dumping of medium and high level radioactive waste into the river system. As a result, 22 villages on the riverbanks, in a 50 km downstream zone from the complex, were evacuated. The village of Muslymova, just outside the 50 km zone was particularly contaminated, but it was never evacuated. Muslyumova lies 45 km north west of Chelyabinsk city and has 4,000 inhabitants. The village had no wells and until recent years depended on the river Techa, for drinking water.
……………………
While the rural communities in Chelyabinsk suffer from the effects of radioactive contamination, the urban populations face the effects of the chemical and metallurgical industries. In 1994 the Chelyabinsk Provincial Institute for Public Health and Environment did a survey on non-infectious diseases in the cities of Karabash, Magnitogorsk, Chelyabinsk, Zlatoust, Kopeisk and Miass. The survey showed considerable increases of various diseases in the Chelyabinsk region. The results from Karabash and Magnitogorsk were so bad that the provincial Ministry for the Environment classified these cities as ecological disaster zones. (SOE rep. P. 195) Children from Karabash were found to be considerably smaller than children from the control group; they had 3.5 times more birth defects; 2.7 times more skin diseases; streptodermia 10 times more, and 2.1 times more diseases of the digestive organs.

Cancer rates in the metallurgical district of Chelyabinsk are four to five times higher than the Russian average. Children's morbidity and mortality rates in the metallurgical district are three times higher than the average for the city. Lead intoxication from the metallurgical factories causes blood diseases and brain damage. Chromium is another major pollutant. U.S. studies have shown that the incidences of lung cancer for chromium factory workers are 28 times than the average rates. Workers barely survive until their retirement age and male life expectancy has gone down to 57

en.wikipedia.org...

Lake Karachay (Russian: Карача́й), sometimes spelled Karachai, is a small lake in the southern Ural mountains in western Russia. Starting in 1951 the Soviet Union used Karachay as a dumping site for radioactive waste from Mayak, the nearby nuclear waste storage and reprocessing facility, located near the town of Ozyorsk (then called Chelyabinsk
…………….
The radiation level in the region near where radioactive effluent is discharged into the lake was 600 röntgens per hour in 1990, according to the Washington, D.C.-based Natural Resources Defense Council, more than sufficient to give a lethal dose to a human within an hour.

Starting in the 1960s, the lake began to dry out; its area dropped from 0.5 km2 in 1951[1] to 0.15 km² by the end of 1993.[6] In 1968, following a drought in the region, the wind carried radioactive dust away from the dried area of the lake, irradiating half a million people with 185 petabecquerels (5 MCi) of radiation.[3]

Between 1978 and 1986 the lake was filled with almost 10,000 hollow concrete blocks to prevent sediments from shifting

So…… People are still living day to day in an area 100 time worse than Chernobyl. They are at the point that the results are evident. If it take a situation 100 times worse than Chernobyl to receive those results, then it gives you an idea how overblown the reaction to Chernobyl is!

It will give you an idea how overblown the reaction to three mile island is.

A lay person reading the original article/watching the video would think that the “accident” was just a run of the mill nuclear accident. Like what would happen is a nuclear shipping container ruptured close to a big city. Certainly not as bad as Chernobyl was!

If you took all the fuel from a reactor and spread it about a large city and let the population carry on like normal amongst the piles of nuclear fuel, it still wouldn’t be as bad as it is over there. They are literally eating and drinking raw nuclear byproducts on a day to day basis.

That is what I mean by brainwashing. They get you to accept the premise that that stuff was caused by “One accident”, and that having nuclear power around is inviting that “One accident” into your back yard. An accident at a nuclear plant, or in the shipping of nuclear waste would not even be close to that by any order of magnitude!!!!!!!!!

What we call a heavily contaminated site is not even close to what they are living in.

There is absolutely NO comparison to anything we would call an ACCIDENT!!!!!!!!!!! It is wanton destruction.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I thought the video sugar coated it way way too much as it is. Seriously, showing a guy with a big head, I'm expecting far worse than that. They really aren't showing the actual reality of the situation by any means I think.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

Yes, you know it’s worse than they show. But considering how much they have hyped the dangers from radioactivity. And considering how much has been dumped……..Unless there are green mutant people walking around and the skin literally starts falling off of people in front of the camera, then the whole thing is a bit of a let down.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It is already firmly established that radiation and heavy metal exposure is bad. For the actual danger levels, guidelines have been in place for some time with some individual differences among the borderline exposure levels. Having a community exposed purposefully for study in this way is wrong on so many levels. Russia does have a bad environmental history with vast areas contaminated with many dangerous toxins. If things are such that there is no where really safe to go, then medical monitoring is a small consolation.

To look at this issue the hard way that some may see it, purposefully exposing the community to high levels of toxins is good for the community. It weeds out the week strains of DNA and helps build a stronger and more resilient species. Care is needed not to overdose and kill the entire population, but to gradually raise the overall immunity. It is acknowledged that there are costs to this program, but it is the long term benefit of a toxin resilient population that drives this program.

Wither this approach is right or wrong, I don't know. Just calling it how I see it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is sick.

Its in Russia? Oh now it makes sense.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reminds me on the game " stalker" :O now i know where they have the idea from D:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by quantum_flux

Yes, you know it’s worse than they show. But considering how much they have hyped the dangers from radioactivity. And considering how much has been dumped……..Unless there are green mutant people walking around and the skin literally starts falling off of people in front of the camera, then the whole thing is a bit of a let down.

How are these people not sterile yet if they are drinking nuclear waste?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by madmax8

now i dont know if many friends on Ats have an idea of nuclear materials so here we go some isotopes have a half life of 25000 years that is in that period they are reduced by half now if one does the math that would indicate along period of time before these materials become inert so it would appear that we are like children playing with fire dont be fooled with the statements that safe places are available to store this material the atmosphere has been contaminated since the first weapon was detonated not to mention the TZAR the largest atomic bomb ever we have it in our power to look at new ways of generating power if less money was spent on war we could have a new beginning

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
reply to post by madmax8

now i dont know if many friends on Ats have an idea of nuclear materials so here we go some isotopes have a half life of 25000 years that is in that period they are reduced by half now...

That rate could be accelerated if it were recycled and put back into the a medium of heavy water.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
How are these people not sterile yet if they are drinking nuclear waste?

For all intents and purposes in the real world, that is a wise tail.
trshare.triumf.ca...

An acute dose of 2Gy to the gonads of the adult male induces a temporary sterility (but not impotence) that may last a few months. An acute gonad dose of 5Gy to either sex would induce permanent sterility . Of course, this is a consideration only for a local exposure because a whole-body dose of this magnitude would be lethal.

Basically, they would die before they become permanently sterile. The only way to achieve permanent sterility is an acute short term dose directed at the reproductive organs.

If you drag out the dose over several days, it won’t have the same effect. If you drag the dose out over a year, then it won’t have any effect.

The radiation they are getting from their environment is at moderate levels drawn out for decades and decades. Not even nearly high enough to give them a short term dose high enough to cause sterility.

The total accumulated doses are large, but you never receive enough at any one time to overwhelm the bodie's repair systems.

Originally posted by alexs
reply to post by madmax8

now i dont know if many friends on Ats have an idea of nuclear materials so here we go some isotopes have a half life of 25000 years that is in that period they are reduced by half now if one does the math that would indicate along period of time before these materials become inert so it would appear that we are like children playing with fire dont be fooled with the statements that safe places are available to store this material the atmosphere has been contaminated since the first weapon was detonated not to mention the TZAR the largest atomic bomb ever we have it in our power to look at new ways of generating power if less money was spent on war we could have a new beginning

But you are missing a key point. Materials that have a longer half life are far less radioactive. That is because it takes a lot longer for a given quantity of material to release it’s energy.

Cobalt60 has a short half life and is highly radioactive. (HL 5.27Y)
Strontium 90 has medium half life and is moderately radioactive. (HL 28.8Y)
Uranium has a long half life, but you can hold a bar of it in your hand all day and it won’t bother you a bit.(HL 4.47 Billion Y)

The moste radioactive ones will decay quicker than the lower level ones.

Now, by radioactivity, I am talking about how many emitted particles a seconds. Not the type of particle. The type of particle will have a huge bearing on the damage it can cause you inside, and outside your body.

Plutonium 239 has a longer half life,(24,100Y) and creates fewer emissions, but they are high energy emissions alpha and gamma rays, so they can damage you from outside of your body. Stontium 90 has a lot higher activity level, but strontium is strictly a beta emitter which can’t hurt you when it is on the outside of your skin. You have to ingest it before it can harm you. But if you get it inside you, then it will realy mess you up.

And for clarification…..

Something that people get confused on……………

A specified dose over a short term will have different results than if it was drawn out over a long time period.

If you expose someone to a total dose of 500rad over one hour. They will die. If you take that same dose and stretch it out over 1 year, they will probably be perfectly healthy. Total lifetime dose levels can go to several thousand rads, and the person will still be "healthy". But if you give them the same dose over one hour, they would be pile of bubbling radioactive slime.

edit on 22-1-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join