It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous people faking their death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Having read a recent thread it got me thinking about famous people who may have faked their death, for one reason or another.

Who in your opinion would be the most likely and plausible candidates for famous people who may have faked their death and why?

Who would you pick? Elvis? Michael Jackson? TuPac? Lord Lucan? lol... would be interesting to discuss which famous people who have "died", would be most likely to have done so and in what manner.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I would say Andy Kaufman, because it seems like his kind of gag. However, I think it's been long enough to count him dead.

Seriously, though, I don't believe any celebs have faked their own death. I think the hardcore fans of these icons have trouble dealing with the mortality of what they thought to be gods.

It stuns them a little to realize their heros are merely human.

edit on 21-1-2011 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Haven't watched Man On The Moon , Taxi and just being a huge fan of his. I think Andy Kaufman faked his own death.

Why? Well it's well known that he once said to his friends "It's hard for me to keep tricking my fans. It's like the only way I can get over onthem is by dying of lung cancer." and guess what? He supposdely died of lung cancer. Not just that but he wasn't a smoker and it's very rare for non-smokers to get his type of lung cancer.

Plus there's the whole Tony Clifton thing. Clifton is a character who Kaufman dressed up and performed as of when he was alive and clifton still perfroms eventhough Kaufman's been dead since the 80s. Alot of people say it's just friend who I mentioned above dressed as clifton but I'm not so sure about that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Clifton

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
There was a nice Thread on here back in 2008 about Jim Morrison faking his own death.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Had to do with a lot of suspicious behavior after his alleged death. I don't think the criminal charge that was pending against him for public nudity would have been enough reason to fake your death.
edit on 1/21/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

Also think that the above thread speculated on other celebrities that may have faked their own deaths.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have always felt that if anyone faked their deaths it wouldve been Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and maybe Biggie but I dont think they have faked thier deaths.

If anybody did I hope it was Jim because I would really like to talk to him in person and ask him a few questions

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hmmmm interesting that Andy Kaufman comes straight up, yeah it is a possibility that he did, he did seem like the kind of guy who would rather bow out of the limelight in a dramatic way and what more of a dramatic way could you get than faking your death, that would have been the ultimate trick for him.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm guessing it would be someone that was totaly sick and disillusioned with fame and wanted to go back to a normal life,
I would dearly love it to be Kurt Cobain, but self inflicted gun shots are hard to fake I guess

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
There was a nice Thread on here back in 2008 about Jim Morrison faking his own death.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Had to do with a lot of suspicious behavior after his alleged death. I don't think the criminal charge that was pending against him for public nudity would have been enough reason to fake your death.

Also think that the above thread speculated on other celebrities that may have faked their own deaths.

Well Jim was just cleared of those charges so now's the time to come out of hiding...

No, but I don't believe he faked his death.

I DO think Richey James Edwards of The Manic Street Preachers is still alive although I'm not sure if he tried to fake his death by leaving his car near a popular suicide bridge or if he just wanted to disappear. He was declared legally dead a few years back, but I like to think he is alive and (finally) happy somewhere

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
To put it simply I think the type of famous person who would fake their death would be people who have become disillusioned with their fame, simply unable or unwilling to cope with the expectations that have been lain upon them.

There's also people who would see it as their last big act as it were, extrovert celebrities, eccentric and possibly people who have money issues would fit into this I think.

Oh I see Davespanners has beat me to it! lol...
edit on 21-1-2011 by Resentedhalo08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Speaking of Andy Kaufman, this video freaked me out! I read the comments and it seems no one believes this to be true, but really it is uncanny.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Surrpised no one mentioned Elvis. Of all the celeberity deaths I would go with him being the most likely to fake it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
How about Adolf Hitler. Now there's a candidate for faking his own death. Not likely he did, but I guess one could wonder.

edit on 21-1-2011 by Klassified because: Oops

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Peter Steele from Type O Negative.

He has faked his death before.

But I doubt he's faking it now...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Adolf Hitler sure would be a prime candidate I agree, I actually have a book somewhere which is actually about just that, did Hitler fake his own death and one interesting thing that I do remember is that the dental records and the teeth on the corpses did not actually match, both Hitler's and Eva Brauns! I will try and dig that book out tomorrow and try and find some more interesting things about it.

He certainly had the biggest reason to fake his own death though!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I hadn't thought of Eva Braun faking her death too. Sounds like an interesting topic to look into.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
Surrpised no one mentioned Elvis. Of all the celeberity deaths I would go with him being the most likely to fake it.

Around 20 years ago I heard he was living in Ontario, Canada...under a different name (of course) he hair was gray, etc. and people thought ...it might be him....but ..were not entirely sure. Someone asked him why...and he supposedly said because he could not stand the fame game anymore and he wanted out...faking his death...was his way...supposedly the people in high places were paid off etc.

new topics

top topics

join