It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The French house untouched for 100 years (Cabinet of Curiosities?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So I was reading about this french house that is being turned into a museum..and it sort of dances around this guy having collected some weird stuff in it. I think there is probably something more that was hidden from the public view before they opened it, and that's why it took 5 extra years. Also the dollar ammount spent on revamping it seems kind of steep.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by molenews

Very cool and I don't think there is anything more to it than it just being a 100yr old house that was closed until now.

In the article it says that one of his desendents at one time :

Under the will, the house would have reverted to her had it not been turned into a museum once the century had passed.

She had no desire to take the possession of the house. Quite the contrary, she wanted Mantin's wishes to be fulfilled.

But by threatening to exercise her right in law to take back the mansion, she forced the local authorities to act. They found the money to renovate, and the house opened at the end of 2010.

I would think the last couple sentences could explain why it took so long to open. Also it takes time to renovate as well.

It is a beautiful home and when I visit France I will have to take a trip to see it. I always wanted to live in France during this time. I am sure it's an amazingly well preserved home with many interesting things to see but I don't they found anything that would cause it to take 5yrs to open.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I know how the guy feels.

I wonder if he had to spend all his time wondering about politics, as we are forced to?

new topics

join