It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace Corps Gang Rape : 1000+ cases hidden since 2000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What a nice organization.

Peace Corps Gang Rape: Volunteer Says U.S. Agency Ignored Warnings

More than 1,000 young American women have been raped or sexually assaulted in the last decade while serving as Peace Corps volunteers in foreign countries, an ABC News 20/20 investigation has found.

In some cases, victims say, the Peace Corps has ignored safety concerns and later tried to blame the women who were raped for bringing on the attacks.

"I have two daughters now and I would never ever let them join the Peace Corps," said Adrianna Ault Nolan of New York, who was raped while serving in Haiti.

Didn't Obama increased the size of that organization? Not yet, but he plans to :

"Barack Obama will double the Peace Corps to 16,000 by its 50th anniversary in 2011 and push Congress to fully fund this expansion, with a focus on Latin America and the Caribbean."

More rapes and more cover-ups coming.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
While woman are being raped people of peace corps really are not doing anything about it.It says in the article that 1000 woman has been sexully assulted and yet they done nothing.Digusting

edit on 21-1-2011 by keelan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
hell.. I thought that was what the peace corps was for??? Rape the locals Rape the women in the peace corps why I never joined.. Heard stories about this trash for years...just goes to show that in this country it doesn't get delt with until it gets to be a hot button issue..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Where ever there are a lot of men with only a few women, you will get this situation..
I'm not saying it's right.
I think rape is disgusting but it always occurs under those conditions..

And if thousands of US women have suffered this then how many locals, including children, do you think have been effected??

top topics

join