It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New College Fraternity thread

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
slickwilly if you still read here i would like to trade rituals possibly or see if you have one that i would like to have thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I currently am studing fraternity and sorority rituals, I have several. if anyone would like to trade I can be contacted through. [email protected].

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jenifer2424
I go to school were there is a SAE chapter. There are a few guys that throw around their "phi alpha" password, or motto, or what ever it is all the time. What does it mean? The context it is sometimes used in makes me think it is fratrnity always? but then sometimes not. Does anyone have any insight. It makes me uncomfortable that I cant understand them. Thanks!

If they are throwing around a password or motto so loosely, that you, an unitiated person hears it, it must not be that important. I was in a frat (not SAE), and sometimes individual houses pick up slang, that is just slang, and is not really secret or part of any ritual. All sorts of people who live or work close together may have their own slang like people who work in an office together or people who live in a dorm together.

In my frat's chapter, we had slang words like humo (an unattractive woman) and berto (low quality marijuanna.) To the best of my knowledge, other chapters of my fraternity and other fraternity houses did not use these words. We also had nicknames for eachother that were not secret like Billy Goat and Shlonger. If you heard words like this being thrown around, you might think it was part of some type secret code or ritual, when it really was not.

Chances are you did not hear the SAE passwords, even though the SAE passwords are supposedly well known as I once heard what they were.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So what does the "phi alpha" mean in SAE circles? I've seen it scrawled on a dirty car recently, a car belonging to an SAE alumni. Just curious what it means.

I have a feeling it means "Hey, I got laid last night!"

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you look closely at the SAE badge, beneath the feet of Minerva and a Lion you should see the greek letters Phi Alpha, to my understanding it has a lot to do with their pledge induction ritual and is commonly used as a greeting. Just as the Sigma Chi motto "In Hoc Signo Vinces" is used as a common salutaion amongst their brotherhood, normally they just shorten it to "In Hoc" pronounced "Ahn Hawk"

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
"In Hoc" is not pronounced "Ahn Hawk." Rather, it's pronounced "In Hoke." The entire phrase, In Hoc Signo Vinces, is pronounced "In Hoke Sig'-no Win'-case."

As far as Phi Alpha goes, well, I've heard two conflicting reports about what it means. I won't blurt either of them out here. I'd send it in a u2u, but apparently I've got to make 20 posts before I can do that... lol!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am willing to talk more about the meanings of these secrets......as I know many myself
anyone interested just email me at [email protected] also have several rituals we can talk about.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If you want to share secrets and ask questions, and are a serious collector, ex-, active or alum Greek go to ; groups.google.com...

Brand new forum to discuss ritual, rites and secrecy.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'll give any and all Kappa Sigma information. [email protected]

Or, the main part of the initiation can be located on this guy's myspace page.

www.myspace.com/kappasigmaritual

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Kappasigmar]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Phi Alpha is sacred to us yes it used loosely but no one minds cause no one other than bros know what it means... and seeing as how all the imortant means have never been written down since 1856 i doubt all you "studying" fraternity/sorority rituals know what it means but hey youn never know you might know or you might not.
but why waste your time in trying to discover greek secrets if you wanted to know all you had to do is pledge. the true meaning lies in the experience.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Phi Alpha stands for something. We find out what it means when we are initiated. only brothers know what it means. It is not a password. But every single brother from any chapter from any time period from 1856 on, know what it means. I will tell you this, every one of the theories posted on here are incorrect. You will see the greek letters Phi and Alpha on our seal, our coat of arms all over anything we endorse. Its our most sacred thing we as brothers share along with our hand shake. Good luck finding out what it means. but i doubt you will. from all the brothers that read this. Phi Alpha from Florida.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
As a brother in the bonds of brotherhood, SAE, that taught me my most prolific experiences of life that continue to this day, I cannot help but explain that the real meaning of Phi Alpha is not going to be gotten from a site like this or anywhere else. There are people who serf the web continuously to see if anyone has betrayed the honor sacred commitment we make when entering the ranks of SAE. To those of you who know, Phi Alpha, and to those of you who don't,

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Phi Alpha is not some crazy password or conspiracy and i agree with the other Sig Alphs here when they say its about the experience of joining the house above all else and to my brothers PA from Colorado

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SlammyB

Hey man! I am guessing that you are not in a Fraternity that is worth anything cause you would have more respect for urs and other frat. If u were in my frat we would beat ur f***king a**! and for anyone who reads the rituals. it will never make u anything like a brother. its not about the rituals it is about building the brotherhood and trust before u are initiated. Fa*s!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by slickwilly95991

I would love to see what you have on sigma chi, seeing as i am a member. Just curious to see if what you have is actually correct or if its more BS thats always out there online.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I know what phi alpha means...i forget the exact wording but something like light from the darkness. Some stupid bull # from a bunch of rich kids that bought their friends. I dropped out of SAE when I realized that standing in a shower with a bunch of other pledges in our underwear was not something to be proud of. SAE is a bunch of crap. Go to school and get an education instead of wasting time kissing a bunch of ass. But for those of you who must pay for your friends..SAE is accepting new pledges every semester.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by conflation

Badges have to be ordered through nationals using your membership vice president (or equivalent board member) of your chapter. At least with my greek organization you can't just buy a badge. My badge has my initiate number, initials and chapter engraved on the back, so they are specific to each member.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Phi Alpha is the one piece of the SAE experience that you will never learn the meaning of. I admit, brothers may from time to time have a few too many beers and maybe he'll end up telling you some crazy story about what happened to him in pledging. Or he might slip and mention the significance of one of the elements on our sacred crest, or possibly, in an attempt to woo a young maiden, he might even receipt the True Gentleman. But over the 150 years that we've been around, and of the more than 280,000 members who earned the right to know... I'd bet my mom's set of Ping golf clubs, that not one of those men has ever uttered the real meaning of Phi Alpha to a person outside the fraternity. With that said, you may also like to know that Phi Alpha is also often referred to as "Five Apples", or sometimes simply "Phi A". Furthermore, Phi Alpha is often communicated to another brother without being spoken at all, but with a simple hand jester... and I'm not referring to the hand shake.

My best advice to you if you truly want to learn the meaning of this term is approach an active member or an alumnus when you happen upon him in a local pub. Buy him as many rounds as you can afford, and then when he's good and toasty, simply ask him the meaning. Oh, he won't tell you, but at least you can tell your friends that you had a few pints with an SAE.

Warmly,
The Incinerator
Cal Nu 1988 Wolfpack

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My friend is a kappa sig. He told me the Kappa Sigma motto...A.E.K.D.B...means Aldepheus Entrada Kronan Disch Bravade. But he didnt say what it meant. He said its something is a secret language spoken at chapter. he also said at initiation, which they call Veritas, they must receive a cut on the arm that draws blood reminant of the Knights Templar and some connection there. There is a known Kappa sigma HQ in Virginia but also another place called the High Temple which is unknown to the public but only to members. Apparently up to 3000 people can occupy this High Temple at one time. No one knows what goes on there. Crazy

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join