It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of States Suing Over ObamaCare: 27

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
www.cnsnews.com...

More than half of the states—27 out of 50—are now challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare in federal court.

Six additional states--Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Ohio, Wisconsin and Wyoming--petitioned in federal court on Tuesday to join Florida’s law suit challenging the constitutionality of the health care law President Barack Obama signed last March. Nineteen states had previously joined with Florida in this suit, making the total number of states that are now a party to the suit 26.

Well as each day passes it looks as though more states join in the lawsuit against Obama Care. Some states, led by Idaho, have even invoked an 18th century procedure known as 'nullification' where the States have the supreme authority to rule the legislation by Congress as Constitutional or not, this power is even above the Supreme Court.

These are the 27 states now challenging Obamacare in federal: Florida, South Carolina, Nebraska, Texas, Utah, Louisiana, Alabama, Colorado, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Washington, Idaho, South Dakota, Indiana, North Dakota, Mississippi, Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, Alaska, Ohio, Wisconsin, Maine, Iowa, Wyoming, Kansas and Virginia.

Looks like there is a war gearing up between the States and the Feds. Whichever side loses will not back down quietly, it will be a fight and it will get bloody. In the end however we all know who the judges will rule in favor of, the Feds. But couldn't the States just invoke the 10th Amendment? Well they could had the Supreme Court not ruled that the Constitution is void.

Anyone else think this is beginning to look a lot like when Abraham Lincoln was elected President? The States said slavery was their states right and decided to secede due to the federal government's planned intervention. And during the Civil Rights era when the States argued it was their right to keep segregation and the federal government told them no.

Well looks like the stage has been set, lines have been drawn, and the showdown is on.
edit on 1/21/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Does anyone know who we would talk to to suggest our states join this?

I assume it's not our Senators... Our governor maybe? Or state legislators?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I would contact the State Attorney General for that or your State Senator or Congressman.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Obamacare simply does not work. Anyone with half a brain will realize this fact. America is a very sad country today.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by Misoir

Does anyone know who we would talk to to suggest our states join this?

I assume it's not our Senators... Our governor maybe? Or state legislators?

I would assume since Kentucky is a Commonwealth state, they're more than likely not going to pick sides.. Kinda like they did in the Civil War.

Edit - I just saw Virginia was one of the states listed.. So perhaps Commonwealth has nothing to do with it. My apologies.
edit on 1/21/2011 by WraithXV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

Kentucky has brothers fighting on both sides of the civil war.

But I grew up in Alaska

top topics

join