It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Chooses Chicago As Reelection Campaign Headquarters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
By Katherine Skiba, Chicago Tribune
11:55 a.m. EST, January 20, 2011

"WASHINGTON -- As expected, President Obama will use Chicago as the headquarters for his 2012 reelection campaign, a White House official said Thursday."

The article goes on to say:

"A key factor favoring Chicago's selection is the anti-Washington climate that has swept the country. Another is the insurgency candidacy anticipated from Obama's rivals, who are expected to make the case that the times are bad, the nation's capital is broken, Obama has been captured by Washington, and they offer voters an alternative."

And so the campaigns begin again........... .

Source: www.myfox8.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thats gonna hurt him..........

You'd think he would have learned after Acorn and the Chicago politics.........

Someone needs to tell him its not 2008 anymore.......... i'm glad though, it will just quicken his impending doom not to be elected.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

My guess is that you see a very strong Obama on the campaign trail. I'm not sure if he's going to be able to get away with mister nice guy for much longer.

Besides he holds a lot of influence in Chicago still.

The GOP really have it in for them, and they are a persistent bunch.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Maybe so he can use the police to crack down on protestors and they can't video tape it happening or use it in their defense...

This all makes me so sick.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yeah but he'll be missing all grass root supporter that voted due to their vitriol for Bush. They won't show up, that was a once in a lifetime thing. Acorn was proven to be a fraud, even by their own supporters. All the people that thought "I won't have to worry about paying my rent anymore" aren't gonna be there.

Even though i'm sure he'll campaign again, I can't think of one really strong thing that he did so far. THe only thing, health care, is proving to be a disaster. What else can he campaign on? There was no hope and change for the better, and people realize that now.

Can anyone tell me one strong thing he'll be able to campaign on? Cause I can't think of one?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Am I the only one who is shocked, that as big a failure as obama is, he has the stones to run for re-election?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

I think you give americans too much credit.

Im an american, and I have no illusions that I am not surrounded by the smartest people. Imo. I would love to see obama booted out of the white house, but I know deep down, he will probably get re-elected, I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by manta78

My guess is that you see a very strong Obama on the campaign trail. I'm not sure if he's going to be able to get away with mister nice guy for much longer.

Besides he holds a lot of influence in Chicago still.

The GOP really have it in for them, and they are a persistent bunch.

~Keeper

You have the idea in mind that he is going to be the Demo pick?
He had better damned well pull an elephant out of his hat. (Pun intended.)
Seriously, he is wasting money and effort. Some top Dems need to have the heart to tell him that game is lost. That said, I fully expect to see another Dem to take charge again after the Reps win and then drop the ball themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

At this point I think Michelle Obama would have a better chance of winning..... Will be interesting to
see who rolls out as the Independent, Republican and Democrat candidates overall for 2012. Not looking
forward to the commercials saturation however.....from any of them.
edit on 22-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What I find ironic is that he has to campaign again. Didn't he just do that 2 years ago? What's his message going to be this time? More change? I mean, we all aren't stupid. We do remember. So what's going to be "different" this time around?
If he campaigned and ran the government the way he was supposed to have done when he campaigned, then why change the message?

Or am we just too darned stoopid to git it?

top topics

join