It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Bird Die-Off: They Were Poisoned By Feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The birds were poisoned by the Feds at a bird feeder. Apparently, they thought they would've died quicker.

I find this absolutely disturbing. What is next.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.theolympian.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by Blood Royal because: Added source.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blood Royal
The birds were poisoned by the Feds at a bird feeder. Apparently, they thought they would've died quicker.

www.theolympian.com...

It's a cover story, don't fall for that nonsense. How were birds who were poisoned able to fly ten miles before they died, even the guys who made up the cover story admit it's odd. Also after being poisoned and flying ten miles they all died at the same time? Impossible.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blood Royal

One more point. That story is word for word the same one posted immediately after the event and on numerous sites since, one source only, exactly the same as the rest of the mass death news.
This pattern is increasing and the circle is getting smaller.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

www.theolympian.com...

It's a cover story, don't fall for that nonsense. How were birds who were poisoned able to fly ten miles before they died, even the guys who made up the cover story admit it's odd. Also after being poisoned and flying ten miles they all died at the same time? Impossible.

NO,its not impossible.

If you own any bird feeders you will now that birds that feed together LEAVE and fly away together,thus ingesting the poisoned at the same time.
LMFAO Do you think the government implanted them with killer microchips and just hit the big red button and they all died at once??

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Please update your Original post with this info.
Your post is very biased towards terrible government officials that love to poison and kill birds

USDA wildlife biologist Ricky Woods explained that a large group of starlings was causing problems in a north Nebraska cattle feedlot, eating the feed and leaving waste on both the feed and equipment. So the USDA put out DRC 1339 poison for the birds, Woods said. "Lethal means are always a last resort," said Woods. "In this situation it's what we had to do."

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Here is a better source from msnbc. I don't know it seems cut and dry to me.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gpena

NO,its not impossible.

If you own any bird feeders you will now that birds that feed together LEAVE and fly away together,thus ingesting the poisoned at the same time.
LMFAO Do you think the government implanted them with killer microchips and just hit the big red button and they all died at once??

WOW, I hope you're not serious.
The point is they could not possibly ingest fatal doses of poison ALONE OR IN A GROUP and then proceed to fly ten miles. No microchip or red cartoon button is necessary, we have firecrackers and grapes.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

WOW, I hope you're not serious.
The point is they could not possibly ingest fatal doses of poison ALONE OR IN A GROUP and then proceed to fly ten miles. No microchip or red cartoon button is necessary, we have firecrackers and grapes.

Oh Really?

Birds whose average speeds are 20 or 30 miles an hour usually travel about 160 miles a day. Strong fliers, such as ducks and geese, cover as much as 332 miles a day. If birds start their travels late in the year, they fly more hours each day and take little time off to eat and rest. Few birds fly more than eight to ten hours a day.

www.bigsiteofamazingfacts.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

www.theolympian.com...

Not a cover story, although it didn't happen to ALL the birds, so you are half right. Apparently, after I signed into MSN and read the news, USDA? poisoned bird feeders because the birds wouldn't back off. Supposedly, it was the "last resort". So sad.

top topics

join