It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy's body found in billabong / Continuing flood victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Boy's body found in billabong / Continuing flood victims

www.theage.com.au

Police have recovered the body of a young boy in a flooded waterway near Shepparton where eight-year-old Lachlan Collins vanished while playing with his siblings yesterday afternoon.

Divers made the grim discovery at 11.20am today about four metres below the surface of the billabong in Kialla, where Lachlan had been playing with his 10-year-old sister and 12-year-old brother.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
articles.cnn.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Will the death toll ever end? Hopefully this is the last person to die.

Honestly more than kids are dieing in these floods but I highlight this story because to me it helps raise awareness of the tragedy of these floods.

Plus it's just sad. I've made a personal promise to keep reporting on the victims for as long as this disaster lasts. I don't want to single any one person out and put them above others. Far too often this happens in disasters...and I won't let it happen to me.

Among the others who lost their lives:

Llync-Chiann Clarke - 31
and her two children, ages 5 and 12

Robert John Kelly - 30, was found dead in an upside-down vehicle in a creek.

The body of Jean Gurr - 88, who was trapped by rising water, was found in her residence.

Don't forget to wear black in honor of all the victims on the 25th.

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I hate hearing about Children dying or being hurt.

My prayers go out to the family.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I hate it too Slayer.

If you can't tell by my other threads. It's something that I hate...but it happens and I think one of the things I can do is spread the word about it and get more people to care.

Because I know nothing is worse then someone not caring about your problems.
edit on 1/21/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

This is all so very very sad. The floods wer'e experiencing in Victoria are not on the same scale as Qld, but still just as devastating. My heart goes out to the victims families. I couldn't imagine losing one of my children. Heartbreaking.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It just breaks my heart reading about this, And trying to imagine what it must have been like,

You feel so helpless in what to say or do! My thoughts are with all those who have lost someone and my hopes that they can re build there lives to some degree.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I agree. Words just can't describe what it must be like for these families. I mean gone in the blink of an eye. Urg...I don't even want to think about it.

new topics

top topics

join