It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason for all the early sunrises in northern hemisphere

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

The sun never rises on the horizon,What,its in your post,so if you live in the equator the sun never rises?I thought everybody went on holiday because of this.

What makes you think that an abnormally refracted sun isn't real? Every single sunrise you've ever seen is only above the horizon due to refraction. This kind of "mirage" is not about making something appear that doesn't really exist, it IS the sun, it's just that the sun's image is displaced. By de Veer's observations it can appear just like any other sunrise and end as a regular sunset. I don't know why people can't seem to understand this, but there is no denying that the sun's true position relative to the earth and stars is not abnormal.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy

The sun never rises on the horizon,What,its in your post,so if you live in the equator the sun never rises?

No, that's not what I said, I said every sunrise you've seen has been due to atmospheric refraction; the sun's image is refracted up a full diameter at the horizon, so when you think you see the sun just over the horizon it's still just under the horizon. I never said anything about the sun never rising, I said the sunrises you've seen have all been refraction. It's not till the sun's lower limb is about half a degree above the horizon that it is actually above the horizon in a geometric sense without needing to account for refraction.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yes there is light refraction due to dust and ice particles but it would not by degrees ,show a full sun in the northern hemisphere more a hue over the horizon,thats the difference.Yes, the sun and moon do rise larger and shrink due to refraction ,so if the sun was rising because of refraction then why is it so small,it would be massive,explain that then.
edit on 25-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

No, you're completely wrong; atmospheric refraction causes the entire image of the sun to appear higher. Differential refraction over altitude causes the sun and moon to appear squashed and therefore smaller, not larger. My telescope accounts for the normal amount of refraction when calculating where to point to find the sun or moon at a given set of equatorial coordinates, so how does it manage to find them near the horizon if atmospheric refraction is fake? The sun and moon look larger by eye as they rise and set due to an illusion where the mind thinks an object directly overhead is closer than an object on the horizon.
edit on 25-1-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

rubbish,everyone knows the sun and moon is larger on the horizon because of dust and particulates cause light to refract around them on the horizon,fake astronomer !

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The sun and moon appear larger when above your head,sorry its the opposite and this is pseudo astronomy.Read in your own words,refraction happens on the horizon but the sun rising entire above the northern hemisphere is not light aborration from particulates.

The sun and moon look larger by eye as they rise and set due to an illusion where the mind thinks an object directly overhead is closer than an object on the horizon.

edit on 26-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

rubbish,everyone knows the sun and moon is larger on the horizon because of dust and particulates cause light to refract around them on the horizon,fake astronomer !

Excuse me? I'm not a fake astronomer. I don't care what you think you know, it's wrong; the sun and moon are not actually larger on the horizon. You can cover either one up with your thumb at arm's length, both when they're on the horizon and when they're high overhead. You can photograph them on the horizon and directly measure their size; they're not larger than when they're high overhead. Please, educate yourself about basic astronomy before making false claims and accusations.
edit on 26-1-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Arcs have nothing to do with it,fluctuations in light from a moving body ,no other answer.Sorry its true,the north pole has a dark region for 3 months and as a einstein constant rises on the date when expected give or take a leap year,this is not a leap year and the dark region has been illuminated before its due date,no mirrors involved.I will not accept that insult,arcs per sec of light have nothing to do with it,final

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Watch this video and see how the sun travels through space by being carried on the wave of the fabric of spacetime.Note how,the fabric of spacetime stretches,this then makes the sun rise above the earth slightly and causing the sunlight to appear on the nothern hemisphere,spacetime stretched by some unseen force,which could only be a gravity wave fluctuation due to external factors of a black hole,shockwave,or implosion of a region of nearby space.Watch the matrix grid and imagine stretching it the sun will elevate higher.Watch..its science not fiction.
www.youtube.com...
We have been observing space for sum 200 years and only recently developed more insight,this wave or series of waves could have came from anywhere as space is constantly moving,I hope this explians it.Everything is oscillating even the sunwww.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Thank

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Arcs have nothing to do with it,

"Arcs?" What are you talking about?

I will not accept that insult,arcs per sec of light have nothing to do with it

It wasn't an insult, and I didn't say anything about "arcs per second of light." It's abnormal atmospheric refraction, which is why it didn't affect the apparent position of the sun from my location.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Look the post above explains it,nothing moves faster than light and no amount of particulates in the sky will cause the solar disk to appear entire above the horizon early,fact.Scientists measure the variation to determine when the sun is going to exceed its normal output,in short speeding of thermal reactions and sunspot activity,scientists do not just observe the sunspots.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Look the post above explains it,nothing moves faster than light and no amount of particulates in the sky will cause the solar disk to appear entire above the horizon early,fact.

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? I never said anything about particulates in the atmosphere, nor did I say anything about anything moving faster than light. You don't need to move faster than light to refract light. You still refuse to even acknowledge the fact that atmospheric refraction causes the sun to be seen one diameter over the horizon at every sunrise when in fact its true position is just below the horizon, and that's for a normal sunrise.

Due to atmospheric refraction, sunrise occurs shortly before the sun crosses above the horizon. Light from the sun is bent, or refracted, as it enters earth's atmosphere. See Apparent Sunrise Figure. This effect causes the apparent sunrise to be earlier than the actual sunrise. Similarly, apparent sunset occurs slightly later than actual sunset. The sunrise and sunset times reported in our calculator have been corrected for the approximate effects of atmospheric refraction. However, it should be noted that due to changes in air pressure, relative humidity, and other quantities, we cannot predict the exact effects of atmospheric refraction on sunrise and sunset time. Also note that this possible error increases with higher (closer to the poles) latitudes.

www.srrb.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You are refusing to acknowledge that all the planets including our sun are all moving through spacetime at 486,000 mph and that oscillations in the sun occur and when they do, cause the techtonic plates on earth to shift slightly, and if you don`t believe the earth is travelling through space at the same speed 486,000mph then we would never see the sun again as it truly would vanish ahead of us,but it does`nt vanish it varies in its vertical axis,variating in the flow and relationship between the earth .
I am not disputing that the sun is horizontal to earth,I am however stating that a slight rise in the vertical axis along the horizontal plane of the sun will cause major techtonic disturbances on earth and a early rise of it in the northern hemisphere.
I don`t care if it is unpopular but there is no,repeat no mirror in the sky reflecting the whole sun over a solid horizon and refraction is not a good enough explanation.
Your analogue above is for minutes or hours not days and is invalid.heres a wobblewww.youtube.com...
Can you see it now !Nasa,very good astronomers,is it the sun wobbling or camera realignment

heres a light refraction notice the ice crystals www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You are refusing to acknowledge that all the planets including our sun are all moving through spacetime at 486,000 mph and that oscillations in the sun occur and when they do, cause the techtonic plates on earth to shift slightly,

Sorry, but the observed early sunrise was not due to an "oscillation" in the path of the sun or earth.

I don`t care if it is unpopular but there is no,repeat no mirror in the sky reflecting the whole sun over a solid horizon and refraction is not a good enough explanation.

I never said there was a mirror in the sky and you are still refusing to even admit the dramatic effect of normal refraction, let alone how abnormal refraction explains it perfectly.

Your analogue above is for minutes or hours not days

Wrong.

In the next place, Gerrit de Veer states explicitly that he and two of his companions "saw the edge of the sun" on the 24th of January, and that on the 27th of that month they "all went forth and saw the sunne in his full round-nesse a little above the horizon"; and again, that on 31st they "went out and saw the sunne shine cleare"; and lastly, on the 8th of February, they "saw the sun rise south-east, and went down south south-west." On the intervening days, the weather being cloudy or otherwise unfavorable, they had no opportunity of observing the sun.

books.google.com/books?id=2RZZkv6xN1sC&pg=PR140&lpg=PR140&dq=novaya+zemlya+Gerrit+de+Veer&source=bl&ots=3aWjSSfeKC&sig=pxWJ1A9pf8qLpiTDvDVo8ta7Ai4&hl= en#v=onepage&q=sun&f=false

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Look its due to a oscillation of the earth and sun relationship on either of there vertical axis because of a stretching wave in the fabric of spacetime causing either to raise or lower slightly giving the optical illusion of sun rise,the angulation moving through space,however the orbit has fluctuated between both and explains recent earth geological creeks and sudden variation in temperature..

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Look its due to a oscillation of the earth and sun relationship on either of there vertical axis because of a stretching wave in the fabric of spacetime

No, it's not, or else I would have observed such a displacement in the apparent position of the sun.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Have you seen the displacement in the earth,oh don`t tell me satelites would have detected it,not since they are fixed to earths gravity as it moves through space ,so even if it had a camera or laser pointed at earth it would still be where it should be as it is circumnavigating within gravity !Relative to each other you on your location on earth would not see it ,not unless you where on the north pole.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Have you seen the displacement in the earth,

I've directly tested for such displacement and found that it doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

How would you know everything is travelling faster than you can travel,you are a point on a spot ,that it travelling 486,000mph ,the time it takes your brain to percieve the change its not there,quantum physics.
Did the we light go on in you head,hope so.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
For those who do not want to believe the earth changes its relationship to the sun heres a document showing it is closer in january and with the conjunction of solar eclipse may have lowered earths orbit slightly,not the axis(tilt),not the rotation (speed)Look at the ecliptic plane in the document.
www.physicalgeography.net...
and gravity of moonwww.synapses.co.uk...
en.wikipedia.org...
and for naysayers who don`t believe the sun and moon can have affects on us and earth
physicsworld.com...
The earth does change its alignment horizontally to the sun but I am stating with recent cosmic alignments the orbit has lowered slightly causing the sun to rise in the north early.Remembering also the eclipse occurred in the northern hemisphere over US,Canada Etc the power of water displacement was upward,wheres the flooding?South region.Use your eyes the ancients used them better than we do apparently.The earth is covered in water the displacement of the water by the moon and the suns superior gravity realigned the earth slightly lower in orbit,it all adds up.
and finally,make up you own minds
wn.com...
wn.com...
earthquake411.blogspot.com...
earthquake411.blogspot.com...
Still think nothing moves
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Leave it with you all,and it will all level out as usual,as it allways does,enjoy the info,live ,be happy,its all moving
edit on 27-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join