It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason for all the early sunrises in northern hemisphere

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

appologies - but yours , and all replies so far - are pseudo scientific twaddle

the only mechanism that would cause the changes you claim in only a single area of the world is a change in the shape of the earth

neither the earth or the sun - or for that matter any other celestial body is ` out of position ` - this is evidenced by the accuracy of eclipse predictions , occultations , transits and ephemeris pupblished decades ago are still correct

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Guess I haven't noticed anything like this. I'm up every morning at 5:30, and the sun is rising as I'm on my way to work every morning... doesn't seem to be any different than any other time for this time of the year, sun must be different where you guys are

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry guys, but I don't see it...

I am a farmer...am 47.... my yard and farm are set up with landmarks that are distinct and can mark the pasage of time and season.

For instance, I built my horse and goat barn to catch the maximum southern exposure in winter so that my animals would be warmed by the sun and iI could have as much liht as possible on these short winter days. Guess what, the southern openings, gates, and barn doors still align just as I had planned. The shadows along the edge of the yard and pasture are still just as long as they were 10 years ago this time of year... I know because they don't dry out like the rest of the pasture and you don't drive their at feeding time or sawing firewood as you will get stuck.

Further...remember science class and get a good Farmer's Almanac,,, the days are now getting longer since the Winter Solstice of Dec.21, 2010. We've actually picked up about an extra 30 minutes of daylight in the morning and evening. That means twilight or dusk or that nice afterglow is lasting later... as we get closer to the Spring Equinox this will be even more apparent... frankly, I can't wait. The strange brightness of the night sky is the refraction of starlight on ice crystals high in the winter sky...I am also in NC and it has been a moist winter...snowed 5 times before Xmas this year.

I am sitting here now...545am and waiting for it to get light enough to start loading firewood I sell to make some deliveries. It is still dark and won't be light for another hour... time enough to eat some pancakes and read a little more ATS.

The sun is going through normal cycles, the seasons are changing, the days are getting longer about 2 minutes a day...and it is still too damn cold and days too short.

The reaction here reminds me of the 3rd grade in the cafeteria. One of my class mates milk was sour...we all tasted it and it really was... he returned it...word quickly spread...and suddenly everybody's milk tatsed funny and the staff was overwhelmed with returned sour milk....lol.

The sun looks funny to a few...suddenly, it looks funny to all... a Farmer's Almanac is really a fun. educational, and quality tool everyone should indulge

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Prove it then? Everyone here has came up with some kind of anecdotal proof. You are not exempt by just ranting your opposition to everyone here!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Gathering information of who, where and when the days seem longer, shorter, the same, would be a great way of proving where it was happening and where it was not happening?
Could peeps tell post on this board where they are, if they notice the changes or not and we can compile a map of where, when, who and the big question why this might be happening? Is it north of the equator, south or both or is it sporadic? This is how scientists come up with probability theories. Remember a lot of science etc.... is a probability, a lot of it can't be proven positively.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
One suggested explanation for the earlier sunrise on the west coast of Greenland is that the mountains are a little less high because of increased snow melting (global warming if you like) and that's a very plausible explanation for it unless someone has a better reason.

I can only throw in personal experience in relation to my part of the world (43S 147E) and absolutely nothing has changed here (geographic or geomagnetic). North and South are exactly where they should be and always have been. The sun & moon rise & set at the predicted times. My GPS is not indicating any error in my location and magnetic North is indicating about 15 degrees east of true North and has remained unchanged for decades.

The changed runway designation at Tampa airport is nothing unusual and does not mean there has been a 10 degree change in magnetic North, it's simply rounded to the nearest 10 degrees and they've responded to a small (and normal) amount of pole movement since the last time the runway was named.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It should be quite easy to check IF the sun rises at the "right" time.

Just look into one of the small pocket diaries.

It will tell you at what time the sun is supposed to rise on a given date, this information is usually calculated for many years in advance.

If the sun rises or sets earlier or later, something is amiss.

Just my two cents

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I watched the sun rise this morning.

My sun rose right on time. I can't imagine why your sun isn't.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry folks but the dillemma is and has nothing to do with when the sun comes up the discussion is based on the reason for the sun rising in the northern hemisphere early the horizontal latitude of the time the sun rising has nothing to do with the vertical occulation of sun rising

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I live in Florida, and grew up here. In the same area, not even off the parallel, ever. I can tell you that from my perspective in the south, the sun hasn't changed beyond standard seasonal precession. She still sets within the same annual range N to S over the Gulf that I've been witness to my entire life.
While I find the Greenland "incident" perplexing, I'm going to throw it out there that MAYBE, just maybe, someone got their numbers wrong this year. Humans make mistakes, even the natives aren't immune to making an error. They're no more infallible than the rest of the planet's population. In my opinion, an error in records/numbers is far more plausible than the pseudoscience mumbo-jumbo floating around the net right now, especially from my (literal) point of view regarding the sun.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

appologies - but yours , and all replies so far - are pseudo scientific twaddle

the only mechanism that would cause the changes you claim in only a single area of the world is a change in the shape of the earth

neither the earth or the sun - or for that matter any other celestial body is ` out of position ` - this is evidenced by the accuracy of eclipse predictions , occultations , transits and ephemeris pupblished decades ago are still correct

This reaction is silly, this is not pseudo and the time the sun rises at has absolutely nothing to do with the process of the sun rising early in the northern hemisphere,i am not discussing the way the sun rises in the equatorial horizontal plane but the vertical axis of up and down not the tlit if the planet that has`nt changed.Both the sun and earth rely on a relationship of movement through space and vertically the sun has momentarily got ahead of the earth rising in the north early as documented data shows,the time it rises at everywhere else will be the same as we are not in complete darkness,proving the vertical position of the sun has got ahead of us for now.Really some times its hard to convey the process but if you stretch your thoughts to understand the dynamics at which the relationship of our sun moving through space and earth then the position of the reality is understood,horizontally light will allways reach us at the same time but if the sun rises or the earth dips in orbit just slighly the sun will rise in the north early without changing any other sunrise times,I don`t know the speculation of when the sunrising idea has came from but it has nothing what so ever to do with the vertical positions of sun ,earth relationship through space.I know its hard for others to relate how would the sun rise not be different then but the fact is it would`nt as the light rays from the sun would hit earth as normal everywhere else on the horizontal axis of the equator,not the vertical axis of north and south pole.
Please watch the scientific vid and movement again from the first post and stretch your grey matter,the sun won`t rise different anywhere else as it is horizontal too us but if vertically it is ahead then it will rise in the northern faster.maybe be no one will get it ,I don`t care but its true,watch and re watch the animation i guarantee if you know anything about physics and light bending you will know this to true.I don`t care if you dish me ,pan me,whatever the fact is staring everybody in the face and i am astonished at how little is understood by others really watch the movement and think,sunrise would be different...NO,
north ,south pole daylight changes ,YES,YES !www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog

i may have a relevant observation.. or maybe in some way our slightly related questions are similar..

i live in eastern NC and have noticed the nights lately have been really bright for the last couple of weeks...

not trying to dis the notion that the nights have been brighter over the last week or two...

fact: the Full Moon was the 19th of Jan
fact: im just south of you at myrtle beach SC, the night skies have been less coludy lately
because of the high pressure cell in the region... that will be until the bad weather from the west
overpowers the stationary cell...such as the front coming in from TN as we speak

see the weather maps of cloud tracking here:
weather.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

I'm more interested in how big this compass of yours is. If it is like my lensmatic, the radial dial is about 4 cm in diameter, or about 12 cm in circumference. You say you can tell a '2 degree change.That means you are able to accurately measure a movement of .0066 cm. by the tip of the needle.
By the way, most people wear their wristwatch on their dominant hand, which would be the one used to set the compass down. Watchcase - steel - iron alloy - ferromagnetic.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
lol, I know it sounds strange. You guys are probably right that its nothing, its just that sometimes you get a feeling somethin aint right, even though there is nothing wrong. Or maybe I havent been paying as close attention as I used to.
Anyways, I hope its all good now.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
lol, I know it sounds strange. You guys are probably right that its nothing, its just that sometimes you get a feeling somethin aint right, even though there is nothing wrong. Or maybe I havent been paying as close attention as I used to.
Anyways, I hope its all good now.
There is definetly something wrong angularly

www.youtube.com...
draw a line between the sun and north pole in the animation and imagine the sun moving slightly ahead of the earth,yep the sunrises stay the same but the daybreak rises in the north faster,its important for you and everybodies understanding of whats going on afer all the bird deaths and what not,,alright theres no conspiracy its fact,watch its there.Sunrise has nothing to do with it ,you are confusing sunrise with the return of northerm daylight,I really don`t care if this thread dies a death but everything here is factual and correct.Stars and stripes and popularity don`t matter just that the truth gets out.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i'm having a hard time fully understanding the idea of the thread.

is it someones claim that the sunrise in the extreme north is 2 days before the normal,
calendar date, for a rising summer Sun should actually be seen above the horizon?

The eccentricity of the Earth's orbit would be of no value,
the axiel tilt of the Earth would be of no consequence either...

the only thing that can and does vary (albiet over hundreds of years)
is the Earth's orbital tilt over or below the average Solar orbital plane...

I think its covered here, very marginally: muller.lbl.gov...

the Earth Axis tilt, and the Earth orbit (elliptical not circular) are more or less rigid
but the actual tilt of the elliptical orbit does vary over the ages by something like 1.5 degrees
from the average orbital plane.
but that cannot be what's making a noticible difference in the position of the Sun
in the few short years the Native people say

a 'wave' of unknown composition could not be a gravity wave, because all physics up to now
states that gravity is instantaneous and does not travel like light photons.

hence the Sun, being only 93million miles away, could not be on a 'wave' crest while
the orbiting planets are in a trough or valley of the 'wave crest' in the fabric of time-space

the 'apparent' positions of the celestial bodies might be different from what memories &
extrapolation say they should be... scientific measurements are whats' needed here

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thank you thats what am talking about the relationship between the earth ,sun orbits has varied very quickly for some reason,the discussion is about how,and why,I postulated it is because the sun ,our solar system is riding some kind of extrenal gravity wave much like two floating balls in your bath and a wave comes along and the orbitals relationship has fluctuated causing the early sunrise in northern hemisphere,No i don`t want anyone talking about niburu...there are plenty of other candidates,and no more hints of anicdotal sunrise changes because that has nothing to do with early daybreak for the northern hemisphere which is in total darkness for 2. something months,which is what the discussion is about,i missed those posters earlier,shame they away blind.
In my other thread "Its official the earth is cracking up " i was and still am watching all the earth anomalies and this is one more but required a seperate and scientific explanation for people who live in these latitudes,the inuit,the eskimos,and northeners as they are the ones seeing it,everybody else won`t see it as light eminating from the sun will still hit and rise at the same time that would only change if the rotation of the planet speeded or slowed which i stated earlier because of the sun power and mass would be unlikely and would change sunrise everywhere.that does`nt mean the orbitals have varied causing the efect to the poles
.ALREADY GONE ,i respect your observation from your latitude,yes the sun will rise normal to everbody else it will not be noticable and sour cream is lovely,No its not doom and gloom its a explanation for the early daybreak for northerners not you,a observation that is valid that you are trying to make invalid from a lower latitude, angle, below the belt ,now that is sour.watch the vid use your eyes it won`t change sunrise only the change in speed rotation of earth will.

www.youtube.com...

maps.google.com...

This is important and indicates a slight increase in the suns gravitational speed and pull on earth or the solar syatems speed through space causing ,earthquakes,geological movements and internal magma speeding releasing neutron bursts in equatorial curved waveforms killing animals in a curved standing wave,checkout the dots for the animal deaths ,join them,curved standing wave around the equator.remember the oscillascope in science class

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I like how you give very valid and informative information, but because it dismisses everyone's worries you're getting ignored. I've been reading the thread thinking the same as you, a change in seasons, cloudy weather etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

OK, thanks for making the thread discussion clearer.

there are really two things to consider... the slow process of precession that may-have-been
punctated by two recent events. both of them Earthquakes,
remember when the indonesia tsunami-earthquake sped up the Earth's rotation,
it may have altered it's axis tilt ever-so-much

then the monster Quakes in Chile....

then add in the slow changing of the Earth's inclination of its orbit around the Sun...

all three factors might have contributed to a very noticable change in the position of Earth
at this particular time of year.

possibly even hastening the date when the Earth's Sun, helical rising in the 'World Tree'
area of the Galaxy Center dark-rift that is scheduled to happen on 21 dec 2012

here's the sources for two items/factors.... the Maya connection is my own spin question

www.uwgb.edu...
Did the 2004 Indonesian and 2008 Chilean Earthquakes Affect Earth's Axis ?

wiki.answers.com...
Sometimes you will see earth's inclination reported as 7.25 degrees.
This refers to the angle formed between earth's orbital plane (the ecliptic)
and the plane containing the equator of the sun

There is certainly a mystery and conspiracy theme to be developed about the Early Appearance
of the rising Sun, from the historical norm.

+++
lets ADD, the theoretical possibility that the Earth's inner and outer 'core'
are in the process of slowing it's spin rate... and that in turn is affecting both the
magnetic dynamo strength (pole wandering & intensity)
and the reduced spin of the molton core (nickle & iron) is allowing intern and other
forces to modify the Earth's momemtum and inertia and thus its' positioning in orbit

thanks again, thats about all i can think of to open up this can of worms
edit on 22-1-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
very interesting thread. It's also possible that a change in our atmosphere could change the color and even play tricks to make the sun appear larger. What does interest me is the sun rising 2 days early in Greenland. I don't think this has anything to do with the atmospheric conditions. Things just don't look or feel right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join