It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason for all the early sunrises in northern hemisphere

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by ADUB77

my wife and I spent alot of time outside in spring/summer 2010 and we would comment to each other how bright the sun seemed, like it was white hot instead of yellow like we used to see it. that is here in eastern NC by the way for reference.
totally relate the sun appears more bright blue radiance than yellow,like its changed its frequency of light radiance,like a standard house bulb to a new flurescent,different,I thought i was the only one who noticed that as well,sun really makes the eye ,whince,cringe up its that bright.maybe it is a new sun .

link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
Its almost like the solar system just rode a wave travelling through space...
...The sun is riding some cosmic gravity wave and bobbing up and down. along with the earth.

I've read regarding the Mayan pyramids that the snake-like shadow produced at certain times of the year is significant and is related/important to the return of the "Feathered Serpent" Kukulcán/Quetzalcoatl on or about December 21, 2012.

Could it represent a gravity wave or the like?

edit on 1/21/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: feathered serpent

link   
I dunno about you folks, but this winter in Chicago, it looks like the sun is a little farther south than I remember it before. Even the moon looks farther out there when setting.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ruffagii

Do you have a lot of light pollution where you live? I notice it's brighter at night now but can't say how much because of all the lights nearby coupled with the fact the weather over my area is generally cloudy.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Changed toward the "blue?" Is the Sun a different color temperature, other than its usual overhead values between 5000-6500 K?

Interesting. Wonder if any data exists, out there.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Yes it is weird how it is so dark in the mornings at this time of year? I am doing a wee experiment by positioning a compass on my window ledge. I have noted that every day the marker on the compass which is set on the magnetic north arrow, moves .2 of a degree backwards and forwards from north to north west. I check it in the morning at 10am then at night at 10pm. I am going to keep a diary of the readings as it will prove exactly when it moves and when it is pointing trully north.
I am thinking if this movement could be the wobble back and forth of the magnetic field just before it does the pole shift??? I am no scientist so anyone have an answer to why a compass moves then goes back to magnetic north?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

You hit on it, this is who we are. I think your explanation fits this hypothesis? The Mayans drew what they knew in how they interpreted it. So today, with all our technology and intelligence it was meant for uss to decipher what they meant? Good thinking...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

...try this site NICT Space Environmental Information Service: hirweb.nict.go.jp...

for some Sun info.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DEFENDOURREPUBLC

i dont think you are in the right thread my friend.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DEFENDOURREPUBLC

Hi defendyour republic, I think you posted on the wrong thread? Must be the pole shift affecting us all? LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
Changed toward the "blue?" Is the Sun a different color temperature, other than its usual overhead values between 5000-6500 K?

Interesting. Wonder if any data exists, out there.
well really the solar observers would have noted it but it seems brighter,maybe its resonant frequency is changing.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

That sounds like a good idea and it reminded me I've been slacking on my compass checking as well. Thanks for the reminder
Also I think it could be beneficial to get as many people on ATS as possible to do the same with their compasses, cross check with GPS etc... I think if we could at least do that for a month and compare data and see if there's anything interesting. I know a month may not be that long but it would be a good test to see if we can get enough people for it to be worth a more long term experiment.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HD38529
reply to post by trekwebmaster

...try this site NICT Space Environmental Information Service: hirweb.nict.go.jp...

for some Sun info.
Really interseting more red and greens -=blues?So then, what we are talking about is there is enough data to guesstimate the suns activity but we don`t have enough outer solar system observers to capture the variation of the suns heliospheric electromagnetic field at the extremities of our solar system,or bow s to its field from external shocks or waves.
edit on 21-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

well really don`t know,supposition is a strong word but imagine a comet passed by many years ago when they were around but it did`nt appear with a normal tail,maybe it was wavey,something we have`nt seen yet and could be due to forces acting on it that have`nt been observed yet and the inhabitants took the image to be a serpent god and created something to remind future generations of the serpent god,tales from the crypt for their siblings.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I dunno about you folks, but this winter in Chicago, it looks like the sun is a little farther south than I remember it before. Even the moon looks farther out there when setting.

I've noticed that too. About 6 years ago, when I moved to Saskatchewan, I was in a different house then, but the sun would rise on one side, and set on the opposite. Now it's rising south east, and setting south west. I see both rise and set from my south window. Maybe something to do with the axial tilt

I also seems to me that Venus is so much larger than I remember. I used to see it when I lived in Vancouver, and it was much smaller and blue looking. I didn't even see it in the sky in Saskatchewan until this year, which is strange, I'm always looking up. I stood outside one night about 4 years ago watching the northern lights at -30 celcius, bundled up for about 30 minutes. One would think I would have seen Venus before, but now it's Huge, and yellow, and even when the sun comes up, at 8:30ish, there's Venus until about 10 AM. You can see it even on a bright sunny day.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The axial tilt has`nt changed as all the constelations are still where they are supposed to be,if you watch the video of the motion of the earth and sun on the first post,there is a tug and pull effect,for some reason the sun has got ahead of the earth in space and appearing differently all around the world ahead of the earth catching it up.watch the corkscrew motion and imagine the sun is ahead,in the north the sun would rise earlier regardless of axial tilt..its quite amazing but weird in that it means two outcomes,the sun got ahead of earth or the earth slowed down,now personelly i can``t envisage the earth slowing down as the sun has more power and mass,so it must be the sun bobbing up riding over some wave in space,from where and why is the question?
astronomyq.info...
I believe it has got something to do with the above link but what force is excerting itself on the sun is another point,it must be just gravity fluctuations,then that would mean gravity waves are hitting our solar syatem and being buffeted by the suns energy and causing it to bob up and down like the example in the link ,with the whole solar system bobing up and down.
i just hope the planet does`nt get slingshotted right to the outfield by some cosmic force,home runn,were all in trouble

frequency of the sun www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
The sun is getting ready to go BOING and spring out like a spring
edit on 21-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I'm almost 60 yrs. old and I can tell you for a fact...Things are NOT like they use to be just a few short years ago.....We're in for a big change soon.....I am speaking of the sun and the way it appears to us on earth now...

All I know is I went to Europe for a few weeks over the holiday and new year and it was light at 6:30 in the morning before I left. When I returned, well it is now still dark after 7am. It's about quarter after when the sun starts to come up. I didn't know it could change that fast or if its only because I was gone for a length of time and came back and was here to notice the change.. My roommate who has lived here for years has made comments about the sun being in a different place lately. He said this last fall. I just thought he was talking about the season but he said no it had changed over the last few years. He sits outside a lot and watches the sunrise and sunset. He has also made comments about the birds or lack there of in the last year and a half compared to previous years. I have only lived here a year and a half but he has for 20 something years and said it seems very different.

I don't know if it is anything but I did notice that about the sun in the morning. I am on the East coast, FL to be exact.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

The axial tilt has`nt changed as all the constelations are still where they are supposed to be,if you watch the video of the motion of the earth and sun on the first post,there is a tug and pull effect,for some reason the sun has got ahead of the earth in space and appearing differently all around the world ahead of the earth catching it up.watch the corkscrew motion and imagine the sun is ahead,in the north the sun would rise earlier regardless of axial tilt..its quite amazing but weird in that it means two outcomes,the sun got ahead of earth or the earth slowed down,now personelly i can``t envisage the earth slowing down as the sun has more power and mass,so it must be the sun bobbing up riding over some wave in space,from where and why is the question?
astronomyq.info...
I believe it has got something to do with the above link but what force is excerting itself on the sun is another point,it must be just gravity fluctuations,then that would mean gravity waves are hitting our solar syatem and being buffeted by the suns energy and causing it to bob up and down like the example in the link ,with the whole solar system bobing up and down.
i just hope the planet does`nt get slingshotted right to the outfield by some cosmic force,home runn,were all in trouble

I bookmarked the youtube page from the first post, it looks good to keep around.
I've read few websites about the gravity wave theories, we could be bounced/slung somewhere.

Space is a nasty place sometimes. There's so many things out there that I try not to think about too often. I've managed to scare the crap out of myself reading some of the stuff. At least if we get slung out somewhere, it'll probably happen so fast we won't feel a thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

We are surfin it right now anyways,well the universe of life?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join