It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The impossible has happened: Duke Nukem Forever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Words can not describe my excitement. Duke Nukem did what no other game in history could do, it got me hooked on video games. I've waiting 12 years for this!!! OMG, let the countdown begin!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If history repeats and is anything to go by with games.

This is going to be the biggest let down in the history of gaming until they begin production of Duke Nukem Forever 2.

There are over 12 years of expectations and frustration upon this games shoulders, I think it will cave to it and ill be really surprised if its even good.

Check out how many trailers this game has had

Despite all this it might still make a tonne of cash as I bet a lot of fans will just buy it for the sheer sake of it regardless of how good or bad it is.
edit on 29-3-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Well, since it' been delayed yet again I'm starting to wonder if they do actually plan to release it this time

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I pre-ordered at Game Stop last week for the pc version (can't stand consoles, mouse and arrow keys for me, easier to remember). Hopefully there won't be anymore delays and it comes out in June. Duke Nukem rules.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i'll wait and see. I remember anxiously waiting for starcraft 2 to come out and was disappointed. if the video engine for this game is as old as it's been in the works then a lot of people are going to be disappointed, it wont be as cutting edge as the latest games.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oxykerfluffle

What is it with people's preoccupation with graphics? If the games fun, graphics should hardly matter to you. I would almost guarantee you that the graphics won't be anything amazing. Duke was never about graphics though.

Besides, look at Call of Duty (not that the last few releases have been good at all). Still the same graphics from CoD4 but each version still outsells the last. I'm at a complete loss to explain that one though since it doesn't have the gameplay to make up for the graphics.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Re-announcing the game after ten years and then delaying it again. Nice sense of humor. I dont believe this is really going to be released before i hand a copy in my hands.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I completed the game in just over 6 hours, and it really does not live up to the hype, I give it a 2 out of 10

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

DN:F has more wrong with it than just the graphics. Linear gameplay and idiotic AI that runs at you in straight lines? No thank you.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

If you play a Duke Nukem game for top notch graphics and AI, you're playing it for the wrong reasons. I haven't had a chance to play it myself yet but that's not at all what Duke is about.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
They took too long, the hype.

I'm not even interested in this game any more

and of course it falls short.

Why always go back and try a remake, create something new and fresh. AND I don't mean that bore fest that was bulletstorm.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

I don't play for graphics, I actually enjoy the 90's Duke Nukems, but this game sucks. I don't think the enemies even have AI, they run straight at you. And the linearity is horrible, worse than COD or Halo. What was wrong with the old Duke Nukem games where you wandered around killing things and looking for keys? This doesn't even feel like Duke Nukem, it feels like a CoD game set in the Duke Nukem universe.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I hate the CoD recipe.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Don't play DN:F then. I think it's even worse than CoD, if that's possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I wish I could say otherwise, but at this point I'm just happy that it's finally "finished" and released. I'll admit, I've been hoping it would be a good game. Expecting it to be? Not so much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join