It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Ciphor

3. In the quote above I would like you to take note of the last two words. Forget about ethics...who needs 'em and forget about the ecology, we all know that is down the tubes already anyway so why start to consider IT now....the last two words are HEALTH CONCERNS.

People may want to argue the benefits of a meat free diet based on health concerns. Hello?

edit on 29-1-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

HOW ABOUT QUOTING SO PEOPLE WHO DID NOT READ IT CAN KNOW THE CONTEXT

Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet. For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns.

Your comments seem really out of place in context of what was said don't they? Amazing how you guys debate. Word twisting, no sources but say you linked sources, ignoring evidence, lying. Keep making a fool of yourself for all of ATS to see.

NO ONE IS ARGUING THE BENEFITS OF A VEGGIE DIET

THE TOPIC OF THREAD IS THE DEBATE "Humans are naturally plant-eaters" AND SUB TOPIC "A vegetarian diet is preferred to a BALANCED Diet"

I wonder if a lack of meat causes a lack of ability to focus on topics and interpret English.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Ciphor because: $

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I have posted previously many alternative and even opposite viewpoints also from experts.

Liar. I looked and no you did not. Why resort to lying? I looked at all the links, every, last, one. And NONE where from creditable authors, Dr's, ANYONE with a degree.

Maybe I missed it.

so Again

and probably 10 more times after this

CAN YOU PLEASE LINK THIS?

(of course we know you cannot and will not, but to the rest of us watching you lie and make up excuses is mildly entertaining)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
*lowers head* this thread is pathetic. all you meat eaters ganging up on poor 'ol plant eaters. What's the big deal? obviously you can eat both. BUT one thing i don't think anyone pointed out: NOONE will ever survive on an all-meat diet like someone THRIVES from an all-plant diet. I defy you to find one person who eats nothing but meat (like vegans/vegs eat nothing but plants) who is still alive to talk about it, or who isn't riddled with diseases.

p.s. no supplements allowed, i'm talking 100% water and meat, for years straight.
edit on 1/29/11 by metalshredmetal because: p.s.

Did you read any of the posts? Obviously you did not. Typical.

We are Omnivores.

This is fact.

This thread is over and the answers are here.

www.vrg.org...

Mind you, it's one of your own (vegetarians) who is saying what we are saying. People are in no way meant to be vegetarian. We have NO fermenting vats

ALL HERBIVORES HAVE FERMENTING VATS

Herbivores have specialized digestive systems to deal with an all veg diet, and we have none, Listen to the published professionals with PHD's. Thanks.

False.

A horses large intestine serves as a fermenting vat as very much our own could.

A wild herbivore diet, such as the chimpanzee in Kibale Forest, shows that they don't need a fermenting vat.

Here is a harvard study that focuses on the diet of monkeys:
cast.uark.edu...

Monkeys don't include meat in their diet rather than stray from instinct and sometimes hunt smaller monkeys. It is not because it is healthy or that their body needs it rather than they are making an intelligent decision to stray from instinct that some animals cannot do.

A typical diet for a chimp consists of around 95% nuts fruits and vegetables and around 5% meat (TERMITES).
Even though some doctors and professors will argue that a chimps diet is actually more accurately around 98-99% nuts fruits and vegetables.

When a human decides to eat another human it is through intelligent decision to stray from instinct. Just because we have ate humans before does not mean our bodies require it. I find myself repeating myself trying to help you understand.

I honestly hope you get banned as you have shown you cannot participate in a professional debate without getting angry and insult the other members of the debate. Rather poorly I might add.

Liar.

Keep making a fool of yourself for all of ATS to see.

You are a we todd dude.

Your comprehension really is very low.

I'm starting to think you may be missing some essential vitamin or mineral that helps your brain comprehend.

You must feel smart right now.

Know however that due to his arrogance, and ego, he will never be humble enough to accept the facts presented and will ignore evidence while refusing to supply his own.

Holy cow what a we todd did statement that is.

Look another sourcesless linkless wind bag

Please explain how this provides to the debate.

And I just thought this one was funny:

Stop bringing statistics into this

edit on 29-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Interesting. However the S is only going to hit the fan if we do not abandon (or at least phase out) our barbarian, brutal and senseless ways....use that intellect you feel you have in such abundance and become more thoughtful, ethical, ecologically minded human beings.

...otherwise yes the S is going to hit the F and at that time you will eat your grandmother if you have to...well maybe not you personally but some of the omnivores will think nothing of resorting to it.
That's how they roll. I get this frrom the reading. Too much?

Personally I dont know many barbarians or brutal senseless people, do you?

I dont think those traits have anything to do with eating meat so much as being properly educated.

So you question my intellect, thoughtfulness and ethics all in the same sentence because the entire world needs meat to survive and im not swept up in your veggy band wagon?

The human race will not survive without meat - A reduction is certainly in order, but not a prohibition.

Eating a grandmother? Thats pretty twisted friend. Maybe the starving city dweller with no survival skills would resort to that harsh practice, but a true human being is a hunter and provider for the tribe, he doesnt eat his ancestors.

He makes a living off the land, in all its abundance, through all its scarcity - he finds a way.

Thats all there is to it - Sometimes theres this...sometimes theres that...

Most often, theres nothing but meat - we make the best of it.

Sometimes theres nothing but berries and roots - we make the best of it.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Here I made it easy for you.

This is a link to your posts page: www.abovetopsecret.com...

all you posts in order and the links you provided

1) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

2) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

3) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(yahoo answers) answers.yahoo.com...
Yahoo answers is "expert" fact?

(some blogger?) michaelbluejay.com...
Michael Blue Jay - NOT AN EXPERT (did however link information from PHD experts, but nothing saying what your saying, they are in agreeance with my expert that early man did eat mostly vegetation, but not only vegetation, HENCE AN OMNIVORE, something that eats whatever it can) Lol and it's another one that links humans vs carnivores. When NO ONE THINKS WE ARE CARNIVORES. How about human vs. omnivore, wonder why they never link omnivore traits. HOPE ITS NOT BECAUSE WE HAVE ALL OF THEM.

Let us continue yes?

4) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

5) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

6) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

7) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

8) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

9) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

10) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

11) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(wow really?) www.soalive.biz... Another blogger? This one was laughable at best. "the widely used term 'omnivore' is singularly inappropriate" - Holy cow what a we todd did statement that is.

(A good source, just not for your point) www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... This is a good source, that states exactly what mine does. Early man ate mostly vegetation, MOSTLY. herbivores eat ONLY. Hence we are Omnivore. Wow, science is hard.

12) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

13) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

14) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

15) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

16) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

17) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

18) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

19) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

20) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

21) www.abovetopsecret.com...

(no link)

So in summary you posted 4 links

1 from yahoo answers (not an expert)
1 from a unknown zero creditability blogger (not an expert) but did link to experts who say the same thing I am saying, we are omnivores.
1 from another unknown blogger who does the same as you, says a lot, but nothing to back it (not an expert)
1 from a government site talking about early man and how he was an omnivore

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I honestly hope you get banned as you have shown you cannot participate in a professional debate without getting angry and insult the other members of the debate. Rather poorly I might add.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
False

Look another sourcesless linkless wind bag of nothing that is easily proven wrong with facts. Facts from another vegetarian saying you don't know what you are talking about. I think that is the best part, the fact your own people are the best source of shutting up your nonsense and lies.

From the Vegeterian Resource Group:Evidence of Humans as Omnivores Archeological Record As far back as it can be traced, clearly the archeological record indicates an omnivorous diet for humans that included meat. Our ancestry is among the hunter/gatherers from the beginning. Once domestication of food sources began, it included both animals and plants. ... Fermenting Vats Nearly all plant eaters have fermenting vats (enlarged chambers where foods sits and microbes attack it). Ruminants like cattle and deer have forward sacs derived from remodeled esophagus and stomach. horses, rhinos, and colobine monkeys have posterior, hindgut sacs. Humans have no such specializations. Jaws Although evidence on the structure and function of human hands...

I will repeat it for you since you don't absorb information very well

horses, rhinos, and colobine monkeys have posterior, hindgut sacs. Humans have no such specializations.

www.medicalfaq.net...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

Linkless? I clearly linked to a harvard study.

horses, rhinos, and colobine monkeys have posterior, hindgut sacs. Humans have no such specializations.

Neither do monkeys.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

From the Vegeterian Resource Group:Evidence of Humans as Omnivores Archeological Record As far back as it can be traced, clearly the archeological record indicates an omnivorous diet for humans that included meat. Our ancestry is among the hunter/gatherers from the beginning. Once domestication of food sources began, it included both animals and plants. ... Fermenting Vats Nearly all plant eaters have fermenting vats (enlarged chambers where foods sits and microbes attack it). Ruminants like cattle and deer have forward sacs derived from remodeled esophagus and stomach. horses, rhinos, and colobine monkeys have posterior, hindgut sacs. Humans have no such specializations. Jaws Although evidence on the structure and function of human hands...

Why stop the quote there?

Although evidence on the structure and function of human hands and jaws, behavior, and evolutionary history also either support an omnivorous diet or fail to support strict vegetarianism, the best evidence comes from our teeth.

The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. In primates, canines function as both defense weapons and visual threat devices. Interestingly, the primates with the largest canines (gorillas and gelada baboons) both have basically vegetarian diets. In archeological sites, broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. On the other hand, some herbivores have well-developed incisors that are often mistaken for those of human teeth when found in archeological excavations.

Oh; thats why you stopped the quote there.

It fails to support strict vegetarianism because we were meant to consume insects just like moneys.

It's funny even the links you post are in my favor.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

You come here, ignore facts, lie, make up whatever you want, put us down for the first 30 pages, when we get fed up with it and fire back you cry foul play? I'd go through this thread and link the mountains of insults vegetarians have thrown at the rest of us but what is the point?

I'm calling it like I see it. They may edit some of my posts, but they usually just warn me. Know why? Because the mods can see the same thing everyone else can.

You are intentionally stiring the pot by snide comments, arrogance, and poor debating tactics such as lying and taking out of context.

The mods are usually as intelligent as me, and your behavior disgusts them as much as it does the rest of us. They will let me go on laying into you for acting like this for as long as they can, then when they are forced to they will warn me, edit a couple of my posts (only a few) and leave the rest up

Wana bet? watch.

I've been coming here longer then most of you COMBINED. Good Luck with crying to daddy. Daddy sees how your acting and is not impressed. Trust me, he has compassion for my pain, not yours.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Why stop the quote there?

Although evidence on the structure and function of human hands and jaws, behavior, and evolutionary history also either support an omnivorous diet or fail to support strict vegetarianism, the best evidence comes from our teeth.

The short canines in humans are a functional consequence of the enlarged cranium and associated reduction of the size of the jaws. In primates, canines function as both defense weapons and visual threat devices. Interestingly, the primates with the largest canines (gorillas and gelada baboons) both have basically vegetarian diets. In archeological sites, broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. On the other hand, some herbivores have well-developed incisors that are often mistaken for those of human teeth when found in archeological excavations.

Oh; thats why you stopped the quote there.

It fails to support strict vegetarianism because we were meant to consume insects just like moneys.

It's funny even the links you post are in my favor.

Uhh, I don't get it. Are you on my side of the debate now?

broken human molars are most often confused with broken premolars and molars of pigs, a classic omnivore. On the other hand, some herbivores have well-developed incisors that are often mistaken for those of human teeth when found in archeological excavations.

Do you actually read what you are linking, like, ever? Where does it say we are herbivores and not omnivores? I dont get it. Can you clarify?

That statement is clearly saying we could go both ways. Hence guess what? OMNIVORE WHAT A SURPRISE.

I didnt link it because it wasn't what I was talking about. But, thanks... uhh. For linking my proof that we are omnivores.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

My stance has been that we are not suppose to consume animal meat. The only "meat" we were suppose to consume are insects; the only meat that we can actually catch.

And I wouldn't tell the mods what to do if I were you.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Ciphor

Linkless? I clearly linked to a harvard study.

Neither do monkeys.

and monkeys are herbivores or omnivores? Lol dude. I cannot believe you sometimes. I honestly can't tell if you are on my side of debate or not. All you do is feed proof of what I am saying.

MONKEYS ARE OMNIVORES LIKE US, MAKES SENSE THEY WOULD NOT HAVE A HERBIVORE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM

Monkeys range in size from the Pygmy Marmoset, at 140 to 160 millimetres (5–6 in) long (plus tail) and 120 to 140 grams (4–5 oz) in weight, to the male Mandrill, almost 1 metre (3.3 ft) long and weighing 35 kilograms (77 lb). Some are arboreal (living in trees) while others live on the savanna; diets differ among the various species but may contain any of the following: fruit, leaves, seeds, nuts, flowers, eggs and small animals (including insects and spiders).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
In fact here is my extended stance:

-Naturally humans were suppose to only consume vegetables, nuts, grains, fruits, and insects. None of which needs to be cooked. All of which we can catch without tools.

-Humans have took a wrong turn by consuming actual animals. Our health shows this and a vegetarian diet is without a doubt healthier for us. Because of our technological advances we have replaced the insect portion of our diet (protein) with other foods. And contrary to popular myth we still consume enough B12 and protein without insects OR fortified foods.

-As mentioned in my point above, vegetarians on average are much healthier and on average live 6-10 years longer than your average omnivore. We are fully capable of getting all the nutrients we need, and when we consume what our bodies were meant to consume it is much easier on our bodies overtime hence the reason we live longer.

-Our bodies were not designed to eat meat. That is why the health effects occur. Meat is the cause of health effects, NOT ONLY what is being sprayed on it among other stuff. Take naturally fed cows and you will still develop health problems by consuming their meat.

I'm not doubting that monkeys sometimes consume small animals (2% or less of their diet). I have said it multiple times; It is an intelligent choice and they sometimes act outside of instinct. Many monkeys will healthfully go their entire life without consuming one small animal. Protein for monkeys come from bird eggs and insects. Monkeys will also eat their own feces and drink their own urine. Quite often actually. This doesn't mean it is their diet. As naturally intelligent creatures they are experimenting. Monkeys bodies were not designed to eat flesh either.

They do not feed meat to monkeys at the zoo.

"I work at a zoo and I can safely say that we do not feed our monkeys or chimpanzees any form of meat, unless you count insects as a form of meat. However, in the wild chimpanzees will sometimes eat certain species of monkeys"
This supports exactly what I was saying.

Although unhealthy for us, our bodies can digest meat. We can also digest cardboard.
If we resorted back to the same diets as early humans (same diets as monkeys) we would greatly improve in health and drastically cut our carbon footprint. Growing meat produces more C02 than all oil.

What I'm saying is humans took a wrong turn by consuming other animals. We continue to do so because there is a huge market for it - not because it is good for us or good for the Earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Ciphor

My stance has been that we are not suppose to consume animal meat. The only "meat" we were suppose to consume are insects; the only meat that we can actually catch.

To me this says "I admit defeat"

So now are we arguing what is meat and what is not? Only furry cute and cuddly count right? Insects don't count as "murder" or "killing" because you can't cuddle them.

So basically we come full circle to what we all already knew. You are a bleeding heart liberal who just has compassion for mammals that have human like features such as 2 eyes and teeth. The ones with 6 legs and feelers don't mater. You are god and get to decide what deserves to be eaten and what does not?

You are right. You are not arrogant and egotistical.

Listen, I don't care if you don't want animals eaten because you think it's wrong and have compassion. There is NOTHING wrong with that, and I RESPECT that.

What I do not respect is you trying to tell ME what I AM to do, and how I should be like you and make your choices. Then you make up pseudo science with no facts to support that idea, when ALL EVIDENCE AND SCIENCE says we are omnivore and can eat whatever we want.

A Rhino cannot eat meat, not for 10 less years, not at all

A Cougar cannot eat vegetables. Not for 10 years less on it's life, not at all

A Human can eat both, can live on anything. Some grant it longer life, some grant it greater strength. Some things give us risks, some don't

You trying to tell me all meat is risky is asinine. You trying to link the diseases caused by over eating to meat eating is asinine

All I ask is you prove your case. None of you have and I have proved mine a million times over with a million creditable sources with PHD's, published work, medical journals etc.

As I said a few pages back this discussion is over. Stop trying to salvage something. I warned you I am a lion of a debater and when you confront me with lies and other tricks of deceit to try and make a point I will make an example of you.

Have a good day. Keep at it if you want. I'll keep smashing your lies.

Next time you feel like insulting others to make a point, better hope I am not there to turn the table.

and one last thing

I, unlike you, do not tell anyone what to do. I said what they will do, because I've come here for long enough and know most these mods well enough to know exactly how they respond to my laying into people. They have not banned or suspended me in 4 years and in the past just toss warnings, never directed at me.

I am simply the manifestation of a reaction to your tact. They know this as well as me.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Once again no source just you talking. We get your stance. We got it on page 3. How about you support it instead of just restating it over and over.

And we already explained to you that vegetarians are more healthy primarily due to them as individuals being more health aware and other life style choices in combination. Vegetarians generally being healthy is not due to being a vegetarian and avoiding all meat, it's due to other lifestyle choices such as NOT OVER EATING.

Individuals who eat both meat and vegetation in a balanced diet have the best health, longest lives, and least diseases and ailments.

Individuals who over eat are who suffer from diseases and ailments.

jama.ama-assn.org...

(NOTE I INCLUDE A LINK TO A CREDITABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION TO BACK UP MY STATEMENTS)

JAMA. Journal of American Medical Association.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

Our bodies will tell us what were are and are not suppose to eat. Not any doctor or nutritionalist. (although numerous doctors do take my side) Our bodies have been telling us the answer over and over by showing us that vegetarians live longer.

I'm not telling you what to eat - your body is.

Nowhere did I say that all animals are suppose to be vegetarian. Thats not true.

Some grant us life - some grant us strength

Olympics and sports:

Vegan
Kenneth G. Williams (bodybuilder) 3rd place at 2004 Natural Olympia
Bill Mannetti (powerlifter) 1st place, Connecticut State Powerlifting Championship
Robert Cheeke (bodybuilder)
Joy Bush (powerlifter) 1st place, Connecticut State Powerlifting Championship
Jon Hinds (bodybuilder, personal trainer)
Charlie Abel (bodybuilder)
Mike Mahler (strength coach) ""Becoming a vegan had a profound effect on my training. … [M]y bench press excelled past 315 pounds...and I put on 10 pounds of lean muscle in a few months."
Mac Danzig (martial arts) MMA record 19-7-1 (as of 4-2010)
Tony Gonzalez (Atlanta Falcons tight end)
Scott Jurek (ultramarathoner) 7 consecutive wins at Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run, numerous other first place finishes and records
Tim VanOrden (runner) Numerous 1st place finishes
Ruth Heidrich, (triathlete and marathoner) More than 900 first-place trophies and set several performance records. Named One of the 10 Fittest Women in North America.
Dave Scott (triathlete) Six-time Ironman champion
Brendan Brazier (triathlete). Won the National 50km Ultra Marathon Championships
Carl Lewis (track) Numerous gold medals (2 as a vegan)
Salim Stoudamire (basketball). Atlanta Hawks
Christine Vardaros (cycling)

Vegetarian

Bill Pearl (bodybuilder) Mr. Universe (3 times), World's Best Built Man, Mr. America, Mr. California, numerous Halls of Fame
Roy Hilligenn (bodybuilder) Mr. South Africa (4x), Mr. America, Olympic lifter
Ricky Williams (football) Miami Dolphins

Claiming you are a "Lion" of a debater doesn't make you one. You need to back that up.

Next time you feel like insulting others to make a point, better hope I am not there to turn the table.

You are the only one insulting people here among other frustrated people addicted to meat.

I, unlike you, do not tell anyone what to do. I said what they will do, because I've come here for long enough and know most these mods well enough to know exactly how they respond to my laying into people. They have not banned or suspended me in 4 years and in the past just toss warnings, never directed at me.

A warning means "stop what you are doing". They are showing sympathy by not banning you outright.

And we already explained to you that vegetarians are more healthy primarily due to them as individuals being more health aware

That "health aware" part means choosing not to eat meat.

Are you denying that a vegetarian diet is most healthy for us?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Monkeys bodies were not designed to eat flesh either.

Oh ok so there bodies were designed like cows? Weird. Cows wern't designed to eat meat, and guess what THEY CAN'T. They cannot "experiment" with eating meat. They cannot "eat 95% veg and 5% insect. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO EAT VEG. It's what they eat. It's all they can eat

Are you in denial?

So let me get this straight. They weren't designed to eat non veg but they do all the time and same with us. We share the same characteristics as an omnivore that can eat whatever it wants, and share carnivore as well as herbivore traits (forward facing vision, alkaline acid) (btw how many herbivores have both eyes facing forward by the way? Oh ya... zero that is a carnivore trait for hunting, herbivores which are general prey have a wider range of vision to watch out for predators who have 2 forward facing eyes to better focus in on targets. Also forward facing eyes are 100% needed for depth perception to ensure you grab your running prey, tomatoes do not run, no depth perception is required to hunt plants)

Ya dude. That doesn't make much sense to me. At least you expressed it in a more "opinion" fashion and a less "fact" fashion, because that is definitely not a fact.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

Monkeys eat insects. As I have said several times.

And the ole' eye debate huh? That again?

Others have argued that predators have eyes on the front of their heads for binocular vision, while prey animals have eyes on the sides, indicating that we fall into the predator camp. This ignores the fact that the animals that we're most similar to -- the other primates -- have eyes on the front of their heads, and are almost exclusively vegetarian.

In any case we would need front facing vision to catch insects. The only "meat" we can catch without tools.

This is too easy. It's getting boring...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

In fact here is my extended stance:

-Naturally humans were suppose to only consume vegetables, nuts, grains, fruits, and insects. None of which needs to be cooked. All of which we can catch without tools.

How do you know that? We're not monkeys, as an omnivore, I plan on fully embracing this diet and living well into my 90's and 100's just like my grandfathers have done from eating a rich, balanced, varied diet of meats and vegetables.

-Humans have took a wrong turn by consuming actual animals. Our health shows this and a vegetarian diet is without a doubt healthier for us. Because of our technological advances we have replaced the insect portion of our diet (protein) with other foods. And contrary to popular myth we still consume enough B12 and protein without insects OR fortified foods.

I'm very healthy thanks, when I eat nothing but vegetarian diets on retreat, I become pale, malnourished and fatigued, Almost immediately I start to show signs of blood loss and deficiency from a balanced vegetarian diet.

-As mentioned in my point above, vegetarians on average are much healthier and on average live 6-10 years longer than your average omnivore. We are fully capable of getting all the nutrients we need, and when we consume what our bodies were meant to consume it is much easier on our bodies overtime hence the reason we live longer.

Source that study, or its not true at all. My omnivore ancestors have been living into their hundreds for many generations without any of your nonsensical dietary restrictions. How long have your ancestors lived?

-Our bodies were not designed to eat meat. That is why the health effects occur. Meat is the cause of health effects, NOT ONLY what is being sprayed on it among other stuff. Take naturally fed cows and you will still develop health problems by consuming their meat.

If our bodies weren't designed to eat something, we wouldnt. For instance I cannot digest plastic, therefore my body is not designed to digest it. I digest meat beautifully, efficiently and cleanly. Perhaps your system is broken? Balance is the key. Not your fairy tale diet.

I cant even be bothered to continue quoting your points, they just dont make any sense at all and contain no links to back them up. We are not monkeys, we are human beings and we can eat intense varieties of foods.

Wake up from this dreamworld of yours where we are a vegetarian monkey race.

We're human beings, fully capable of engaging in complex balanced diets of all food groups.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join