It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'll be coming back later to see if either of you put any time into research or debating the link I posted.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
reply to post by PoorFool

Insults only show you are losing the debate.

No. They can show frustration in a debate you already won, like this case. Frustration with dealing with you for one. No mater what evidence, what degree, what Dr. vegetarians agreeing with us, you refuse to acknowledge any of it

It's debating with a wall 101. Frustrating stuff.

And in return you supply soy milk and lunabar links. You are a we todd dude.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Insults only show you are losing the debate.

No. They can show frustration in a debate you already won, like this case. Frustration with dealing with you for one. No mater what evidence, what degree, what Dr. vegetarians agreeing with us, you refuse to acknowledge any of it

It's debating with a wall 101. Frustrating stuff.

And in return you supply soy milk and lunabar links. You are a we todd dude.

...and claims nature and science is on his side, with which he has proven humans are herbivores.

He's in denial.
edit on 28-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Can We Please...

Be civil and discuss the topic, and not each other..?

Deep breaths..

now, back to the topic...

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Dude you know you see it too. I got to just walk away because it's driving me nuts providing him with the most creditable information imaginable, and he completely ignores it.

It sucks you guys took away ignore feature. It makes it tough to deal with people who will argue the sky being blue.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by llempart

I stick to the natural ways, but very interesting links and products.

If you look at any society that lives in a harsh environment they eat solid fat and meat.

Vegetables dont grow in these environments that are consumable by humans, you have to eat the animals who can eat those plants. I'm not sure what kind of science you are reading up on, but if you're engaging any kind of rugged terrain, a vegan meal will satisfy your caloric intake about as well as a handful of grass.

In a survival situation calories are king - fats are the hardest element to find towards essentials in survival.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
*lowers head* this thread is pathetic. all you meat eaters ganging up on poor 'ol plant eaters. What's the big deal? obviously you can eat both. BUT one thing i don't think anyone pointed out: NOONE will ever survive on an all-meat diet like someone THRIVES from an all-plant diet. I defy you to find one person who eats nothing but meat (like vegans/vegs eat nothing but plants) who is still alive to talk about it, or who isn't riddled with diseases.

p.s. no supplements allowed, i'm talking 100% water and meat, for years straight.
edit on 1/29/11 by metalshredmetal because: p.s.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
*lowers head* this thread is pathetic. all you meat eaters ganging up on poor 'ol plant eaters. What's the big deal? obviously you can eat both. BUT one thing i don't think anyone pointed out: NOONE will ever survive on an all-meat diet like someone THRIVES from an all-plant diet. I defy you to find one person who eats nothing but meat (like vegans/vegs eat nothing but plants) who is still alive to talk about it, or who isn't riddled with diseases.

p.s. no supplements allowed, i'm talking 100% water and meat, for years straight.

Exactly! The same thing just occured to me.

If we are carnivores or even omnivores HOW can it be that we survive perfectly well (many say better) without any meat at all?

We thrive and glow enjoying perfect health, just like a plant fed with the proper "Miracle Grow" fertilizer as long as we include things like flaxseed, nuts and other concentrated sources of omega 3 oils (meat is a less efficient but more familiar substitute for flaxseed) and all the B vitimins (brewers yeast).

Go figure.

Again...I do not condemn anyone for eating meat. I even agree, everyday folks who do not study nutrition, or who are adverse to vegetables, or who do not get the variety of fruits nuts and seeds they should be eating actually do NEED some lean meat to adequately supply essential proteins and B vitimins they will be short of.

I think this is also exactly what the majority of "slaughter proponents" are saying as well and it is certainly true.

What I am saying, and I defy anyone to prove me wrong...man does not need meat to optimally survive because man is a frugivore. Fruit and nut eater.

I also do not think that is in any way wimpy or something to be ashamed of.
A popular sentiment exhibited by, yes I said it "lunkheads."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Did you read any of the posts? Obviously you did not. Typical.

We are Omnivores.

This is fact.

This thread is over and the answers are here.

www.vrg.org...

Mind you, it's one of your own (vegetarians) who is saying what we are saying. People are in no way meant to be vegetarian. We have NO fermenting vats

ALL HERBIVORES HAVE FERMENTING VATS

Herbivores have specialized digestive systems to deal with an all veg diet, and we have none, Listen to the published professionals with PHD's. Thanks.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Ciphor because: $

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The Great Apes

There are very few frugivores amongst the mammals in general, and primates in particular. The only apes that are predominantly fruit eaters (gibbons and siamangs) are atypical for apes in many behavioral and ecological respects and eat substantial amounts of vegetation. Orangutans are similar, with no observations in the wild of eating meat. Gorillas are more typically vegetarian, with less emphasis on fruit. Several years ago a very elegant study was done on the relationship between body size and diet in primates (and some other mammal groups). The only primates on the list with pure diets were the very small species (which are entirely insectivorous) and the largest (which specialize in vegetarian diet). However, the spectrum of dietary preferences reflect the daily food intake needs of each body size and the relative availability of food resources in a tropical forest. Our closest relatives among the apes are the chimpanzees (i.e., anatomically, behaviorally, genetically, and evolutionarily), who frequently kill and eat other mammals (including other primates).

www.vrg.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Omnivorism

The key category in the discussion of human diet is omnivores, which are defined as generalized feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein and vegetation. They are basically *opportunistic* feeders (survive by eating what is available) with more generalized anatomical and physiological traits, especially the dentition (teeth). All the available evidence indicates that the natural human diet is omnivorous and would include meat. We are not, however, required to consume animal protein. We have a choice.

www.vrg.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

There are a number of popular myths about vegetarianism that have no scientific basis in fact. One of these myths is that man is naturally a vegetarian because our bodies resemble plant eaters, not carnivores. In fact we are omnivores, capable of either eating meat or plant foods. The following addresses the unscientific theory of man being only a plant eater. Confusion between Taxonomy and Diet Much of the misinformation on the issue of man's being a natural vegetarian arises from confusion between taxonomic (in biology, the procedure of classifying organisms in established categories) and dietary characteristics. Members of the mammalian Order Carnivora may or may not be exclusive meat eaters. Those which eat only meat are carnivores. Dietary adaptations are not limited by a simple dichotomy between herbivores (strict vegetarians) and carnivores (strict meat-eaters), but include frugivores (predominantly fruit), gramnivores (nuts, seeds, etc.), folivores (leaves), insectivores (carnivore-insects and small vertebrates), etc. Is is also important to remember that the relation between the form (anatomy/physiology) and function (behavior) is not always one to one. Individual anatomical structures can serve one or more functions and similar functions can be served by several forms.

www.vrg.org...
edit on 29-1-2011 by Ciphor because: $

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
To the poster who claims man is a hunter, a predator and a carnivore I tend to agree in the loose but not scientific use of the terms.
eg
They roasted a bear in Chigago for the superbowl. I called my boyfriend and said we are going to be pulling for Chicago to loose. Thankfully...they did.

This weekend I was watching some animal program on PBS about a certain brown bear that has only recently gone extinct.

Wildlife experts were watching the last remaining half dozen of their species in the wild. There was only one female left of their kind and they were hoping one of the 5 males would mate with her.

...until she was shot and killed by a hunter.

Another species down the old gullet.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You obviously haven't read anything in this thread. It has been pointed out MANY times that the Inuits are 99.99% carnivores, healthy as it gets. Yet there's not a single society on earth that lives off nothing but plants.

Besides we're not ganging up on anybody. This thread was started to attack us meat-eaters. You people love doing that.

Get your facts straight.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

This is a quote from the link you offer above...

[Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet.
For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns.]

Let's keep in mind this is one man, agreeably a primitologist and a vegetarian... with few cited sources for his argument declaring humans are "omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits" Remember...

1. There are many other researchers who disagree with him.
2. "omnivores in all our traits", notice how he stops short of saying "humans are omnivores?"
This is because he cannot.
3. Also in the quote above I would like you to take note of the last two words. HEALTH CONCERNS
Forget about ethics...who needs 'em?
and forget about the ecology,
we all know that's down the tubes already - Why attempy to save the planet now?

And why is it Constitutional Patriots, and Conservatives all care about the monetary DEBT they leave the kids, (most of them admirably outdoorsmen) Yet none, could give 2 schlitz about robbing the next generations of all their fertile farmland, clean air and an ozone?
Don't they know the one is F'ing paper?

I digress...the last two words are HEALTH CONCERNS.
People may want to argue the benefits of a meat free diet based on HEALTH CONCERNS. Hello?

My last question for you is what is your interest in promoting Ted Nugents "Kill it and Grill it" diet?
Avid hunter? Above animals? You have something against ethics ecology and health?

Why is it you will not let it go and let people become vegetarians in peace if they want to?
Why are you trying to prove something you are not expert in and really cannot say for certain?

I agree you will be able to find a variety of opinions and clearly we are omnivores in that we DO eat everything.
But because we can - not because we were designed to.
This is a ridiculous falacy put forth by hunters afraid their predeliction for trapping and killing is at risk.
As if!

And you will find contradicting scientific papers touting the benefits of animal slaughter propogated by industries that survive on raising and killing beasts, birds - catering to the tastes and habits of meat eaters.
Don't you think they might have an agenda? Can you say hormones? I have read some saying estrogen like hormones, drugs given to cattle are feminizing us, making us antibiotic resistant - Let us hope they are alarmists, and all that is for another thread...

Now look at the other side...what are we lobbying for? Plants?

Don't HATEBACK - because it is NOT HATE you are getting.

Just regular, normal, people - PRO accuracy, ethics, ecology and human health.

Is that awful? Why does your blood pressure get so high over it? Could be the beef.

edit on 29-1-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Besides we're not ganging up on anybody. This thread was started to attack us meat-eaters

What a preposterous statement!
I think you have a persecution complex. Either that or you are just making things up.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yes...The traditional diet of many other native tribes is also nothing but meat, perhaps berries in the summer, a few nuts in the fall. But it all came down to meat.

I'm astonished how quickly the vegetarians decided they know whats best for humanity when the only reason they are alive today is from the actions of their hunting, meat eating ancestors.

Without a modern civilization of transport, farming and monetary system you would have a hard time growing, preserving and storing the variety of vegan foods needed to sustain a human body. If you dispute this then you are in denial, because as it has been said above no other civilization before us has done it.

So be proud, you have finally found a way to sustain yourself without meat, but I wonder what you are doing to your descendants by refusing to eat meat. Could Smaller brains be on the horizon for a vegetarian society?

Im still laughing...because when TSHTF and you are starving in a corner of your house eating your last bag of chia and peanuts, That rabbit I'm roasting on a spit is going to take much better care of my body.

A survivor.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

There are many other researchers who disagree with him.

Typical reply. WHERE?! MANY? Link me ONE, there is many so it shouldn't be hard to find? GET ON IT. in 38 pages you have not linked ONE CREDITABLE PERSON who "disagrees" with the SCIENTIFIC FACTS PRESENTED (not just "said")

No supporting evidence just take your word for it AGAIN?

lol. Thread is over, and unless 1 of you can prove otherwise (you can't and haven't in 38 pages) you need to just stop asking us to trust your words.

Put up or shut up, and none of you put up so...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Interesting. However the S is only going to hit the fan if we do not abandon (or at least phase out) our barbarian, brutal and senseless ways....use that intellect you feel you have in such abundance and become more thoughtful, ethical, ecologically minded human beings.

...otherwise yes the S is going to hit the F and at that time you will eat your grandmother if you have to...well maybe not you personally but some of the omnivores will think nothing of resorting to it.
That's how they roll. I get this frrom the reading. Too much?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
reply to post by rusethorcain

There are many other researchers who disagree with him.

Typical reply. WHERE?! MANY? Link me ONE, there is many so it shouldn't be hard to find? GET ON IT. in 38 pages you have not linked ONE CREDITABLE PERSON who "disagrees" with the SCIENTIFIC FACTS PRESENTED (not just "said")

No supporting evidence just take your word for it AGAIN?

lol. Thread is over, and unless 1 of you can prove otherwise (you can't and haven't in 38 pages) you need to just stop asking us to trust your words.

Put up or shut up, and none of you put up so...

Shut up? Aren't we mature. I have posted previously many alternative and even opposite viewpoints also from experts. I thought you were tired of arguing. You do not speak the truth, again ...Ciphor....ciphor. Yeah right.
And I am a prophet.

You do not have to trust any of our words. We tend to trust each other. You know why? None of us are killers.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join