It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

Originally posted by Vandalour
Then I advise you to eat your biology diploma

Paper is not a significant source of any dietary requirement.

ETA...

Just out of curiousity, why no comment on my family being workers in health and nutrition?
edit on 21-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

He also didnt comment on my comment about apes being omnivorous, he is simply only responding to the replies that are easier to respond to because they do not state as much facts/evidence.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Humans are omnivores, leaning a bit more torwards carnivore as we can eat almost every single type of meat on the planet.
Raw or cooked, poisonous fish are some things we can't eat.
There are only a few plants humans can eat with no problem.

Good luck keeping a vegan diet when SHTF, you will starve to death like everyone else.
If you want to prevent scurvy then you need to eat your meat raw like the Inuit.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Slaughterhouses are disturbing places, and a cow having its neck sliced open is of course going to be hard to watch, especially those of us with western sensibilities. But, meat is delicious. Not that veggies can't be delicious, they just can't be as delicious as meat.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
reply to post by Vandalour

many human ancestors like homo erectus, and homo habilis were omnivorous, and homo sapiens neanderthalis were almost totally carnivorous.

Link to scientific report please

www.sciencedaily.com...

Thanks ! Now I can keep slaughtering animals and eat their tasty flesh..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Soon meat will be grown in large containers using stemcells.

So you wont have anything to cry about then.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If we are capable of something, then it is a natural occurrence. It's not manufactured, it's not imaginary, it's not an opinion.

Just because you have it.. dont mean you should use it, same goes with nukes

57 Health Benefits of Going Vegan
www.nursingdegree.net...

WOW, did you just type that? As if nukes grow on our bodies? That is the most illogical connection I have read all day.

Before you retort, let me clarify....If we are biologically capable of something, then it is natural.

P.S., I like how you pick that one point, yet disregard your own source debunking itself. Or ignoring my comment on the gallbladder and our frontal eye position. Instead, you use nukes as a comparison?
edit on 21-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Hey look i can link articles too!

www.motleyhealth.com...

www.mtholyoke.edu...

chetday.com...

link   

Wrong humans are opportunistic omnivores . If they get a chance to eqat meat they will and should. All things in Moderation. There is a thread somewhere that gives the evil of men eating soyabeans.

link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

Vegan's/vegetarians who just stop eating meat suffer from low energy and generally poor health. The reason is that it takes ALOT of careful research done over a long period of time to ensure that your body is getting what it requires from limited range of foods being eaten. Even when this work is painstakingly completed, in most cases supplements are needed.

"Limited range of food"? I eat ANYTHING edible except meat and gelatine. My diet is more varied than the diets of people throughout most of history have been. How varied do you think the diet of a poor farmer in medieval Europe was?

You might have a point with vegans, although I doubt it, I met extremely strict vegans who were also extremely fit and active. Definitely no low energy or poor health there.

link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

many human ancestors like homo erectus, and homo habilis were omnivorous, and homo sapiens neanderthalis were almost totally carnivorous.

Link to scientific report please

www.sciencedaily.com...

Thanks ! Now I can keep slaughtering animals and eat their tasty flesh..

No, keep being a wimpy and whiny vegan, it's healthy.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Another thing, a quick look on the hubpages link you posted earlier shows me that the person who wrote the article is a college student studying political science,she may be able to research, but the internet isnt exactly the best source, and she has no real credentials, whereas other people in this thread like davinci, have credentials like degrees in biology

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
lol, im done with this thread..
why not be a vegan to stop the slaugtering and havest of animals, I care for living things sorry.
We dont need MEAT why cant people get that into their MEATY heads.. im not a vegan myself, but I was just typing about it, in hope meeting others with the same Idea of PERHAPS trying to be vegan to help the suffering animals in slaughter houses.. and NO eating meat dont make you more man

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

I once saw a book written by a famous vegan chef. It showed pictures of him in his life doing yoga and such.

He looked eerily similar in body to someone who has not eaten in over a month. Skin and bones rag of a man who probably weighed in at 135. Are you trying to tell me this is the pinnacle of human health? That this skeletal figurine has found the way for humanity to be in form?

Give me a break. We are predators, our species survived by bringing down the beasts with sticks and stones because there is no other way. You are sustaining your life by eating vegan, but you are certainly not in any type of good health.

Go climb everest on a vegan diet, join the rest of the bodies near the summit because that is the reality of your superior diet.

-G

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

'Limited' as in there is an entire branch of the dietary tree that is omitted.

I also know very active and fit vegan's, however what you failed to address is the amount of work required to live that lifestyle.

If you don't want to eat meat that is your choice, and I support your freedom to make it. Why though is it necessary to try and convince everyone else that you are right and we are wrong?

I think vegetarians are great, more meat for me now and another source of herbivores later if required.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

They were also probably cannibalising each other. Maybe we should also get into that? I mean, if our ancestors 500.000 years ago did it, we should be totally doing it too. Apparently.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by PoorFool

I once saw a book written by a famous vegan chef. It showed pictures of him in his life doing yoga and such.

He looked eerily similar in body to someone who has not eaten in over a month. Skin and bones rag of a man who probably weighed in at 135. Are you trying to tell me this is the pinnacle of human health? That this skeletal figurine has found the way for humanity to be in form?

Give me a break. We are predators, our species survived by bringing down the beasts with sticks and stones because there is no other way. You are sustaining your life by eating vegan, but you are certainly not in any type of good health.

Go climb everest on a vegan diet, join the rest of the bodies near the summit because that is the reality of your superior diet.

-G

I don't understand why this was directed to me.

Originally posted by Wallachian

They were also probably cannibalising each other. Maybe we should also get into that? I mean, if our ancestors 500.000 years ago did it, we should be totally doing it too. Apparently.

Boo hoo, nice try.
edit on 21-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Did I try to convince anybody? Show me where, please.

As usual, I'm only defending myself. Or you know, as they say around here, "being whiny".

I personally think it's a matter of choice, yes. I am also convinced that a healthy vegetarian lifestyle is possible. You know, from a biological point of view. Would I like to see more people making that choice? Yes. But I've never pushed my views to others.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian

Well according to you, killing animals is wrong, well, carnivores and predators kill animals, we should kill them all to stop the murder of animals.. but wait, wouldnt that mean we would first have to kill animals? Using this method of argument is completely useless.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You wouldn't even be able to keep a 100% vegan diet when the SHTF.
Maybe this didn't belong in this forum.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well humans seems to have a rudimentary cecum. Cecums are found in herbivorous animals so perhaps this is an indication that we are not meant to exist on vegetables alone.

en.wikipedia.org...

Any I support the veggies right to be veggie. I just don't get the fake compassion ( they can be horrid to humans) and the squeamishness.
edit on 21-1-2011 by tiger5 because: reword

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join