It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 18
41
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
you can eat meat and lead a very healthy lifestyle, or not. And you can never eat meat and lead a very healthy lifestyle, or not. But arguing your points with each other will get you nowhere! I think a lot of you need to chill, go grab a delicious beef burger or a delicious vege burger and join forces against the evil reptilians or Palin or TPTB!




posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
well i understand what your talking about, but i think humans dont need to eat food. ive been experimenting with hunger and eating and i found out that i dont need to eat to survive, becuase i as other humans can do if they tried feed off of energy. i take in the energy that surronds us and use as my food source. if you think about it nature is filled with energy, if we can learn to control our own energy within we can obsorb natural energy and therefore get rid of hunger



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
I think they can, but you have to explain how that opinion is formed by way of logic.


It's a matter of empathy and value.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by kalamatas
reply to post by rexusdiablos
 


Becoming veg definitely doesn't make you more spiritual. Cuz I've met some crazy mean vegetarians.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo


Indeed.

Allow me to correct myself by way of elaboration and further distinction:

Those on a higher spiritual plane are often vegetarian/vegan but not all vegetarians/vegans are on a higher spiritual plane.



My opinion on that matter is this. I think people who opt for vegetarianism and are on a spiritual path may experience more clarity and levity, possibly for the simple reason that they are eating more nutrients than their previous diet and more digestible foods, HAVING EXCLUDED pasteurized, dairy, processed meats, other refined foods etc. By simply adding more raw fruits and veggies o their diet they've increased fiber and enzymes.

There is a stark contrast between standard american diet and vegetarianism. Although as someone pointed out you can do vegetarian the wrong way. Absolutely anyone going form what most people nowadays eat to veg or vegan are going to experience a major change in perception, energy, clarity...which can absolutely benefit spiritual progress.

Yet I believe the same can be experiences with meat eaters if they are truly eating to benefit their body and respect what nature intended. As I said pastured meats contain a wealth of nutrition. I do believe ideally, meat would be eaten raw or lightly cooked (as many have and still do) keeping the enzymes and nutrients intact. This (in moderation) along with fruits, veggies, properly sprouted grains and legumes keep proper digestive function and nutrient availability leading to the same experience.

There are many a study of the effects of excessive omega 6's and heart troubles. In rats canola oil is shown to cause heart lesions in rats. Nature did not initially intend for us to extrude oils from seeds and nuts. Abundant fats came from meats. Fat is critical for energy. The fact that seeds etc, contain phytic acid (antinutrient) unless sprouted makes one question how much raws seeds and nuts we are meant to eat.

Many people who have gluten intolerance can actually handle wheat that has been sprouted as it becomes more digestible.

Back to the spiritual aspect. I believe your level of spiritual "vibration" directly correlates with the vibrational energy you hold in your body. An unhealthy body with a sluggish system will have a harder time. Veg diet will improve it. As far as holding the energy of the animals you eat, I believe has merit. But I feel that a humanely raised animal who is free to live the way nature intended before slaughter holds positive vibration, and if your intent is to take that animal for consumption with only reverence for the life it gave, you are only continuing to create positive vibration. There is nothing negative about death. Torture and fear, yes. And on a biochemical level, yes. We know that animals not killed swiftly without prior stress release chemicals into their muscle tissue, that when consumed by us contributes to an unhealthy vibration....



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
reply to post by Sly1one
 


Are you a multicellular organism that has a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow you to respond rapidly to stimuli?

We are animals. Saying otherwise is putting lipstick on a pig.

Thinking we are anything other than animals is a man made creation, as is religion, where that delusional idea (that we are not animals) most likely stemmed from.


oh good lord save the dictionary talk for someone who is impressed by it. Again as I have said/asked and you have not answered why do you refuse to believe what is right in front of your face (computer you are typing on) as evidence against humans being the simplistic animals you are reducing us to? Ultimately we are all atoms, so what the hell is your point by saying we have biological similarities to all life AS YOU KNOW IT??? Everything in existence has similarities as everything is constructed of atoms. Why will you not acknowledge the obvious differences between man and animal?

When you chose to be very narrow focused and general (as you have) and find nothing but the general similarities between living organisms, you will never see the bigger picture. You tell me what other "animal" as you like to reduce us to has built an electronic network that spans the globe allowing for virtually seamless and unhindered information transfer to counterparts on the other side of the planet, instantaneously? what other "animal" has constructed rockets, explored the moon, and figured out that there is more out there than "a bright thing" in the sky? How many other "animals" are aware of black holes in the center of our galaxy? How many other animals are aware of what a "galaxy" is? If we were merely animals to the same degree you are comparing us to, you wouldn't be on a computer right now.

The answer is none, so until you admit that humans are significantly different then any other living thing on this planet by a magnitude that really justifies the argument "we are not just simple" animals...you will constantly feel the way you do, which is fine I guess. They always say ignorance is bliss.

You are comparing apples and oranges expecting them to taste the same and justifying it by generalizing them as mere "fruit"...



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas

Originally posted by The_Zomar
As much as you guys suggest killing anything in whatever way is humane, I'll never fall for that line.

"I killed your brother/mother/father/sister (your choice), but don't worry, I punched a hole in her skull so she died quickly and humanely."

Hitlers troops humanely killed babies because it only took one shot to the head when they were thrown up into the air.

Pretty off-topic...


So are animals evil when they kill? Because if we're animals to then.....

Murderers and Hitler killed with evil intend, not for survival.

If you really want to get into contradictions, explain pro-choice vegans.


I don't believe in evil or good because I'm not religious. I'm against suffering. I am pro-choice myself, but thats because a clump of cells can't feel pain or suffer. I'm strongly against late term abortions. I would cut anything off after 3 months or so. (I would have to look and pinpoint where they form a working brain) But that is beside the point and I'm not about to get into an abortion discussion in a topic about humans naturally being plant-eaters.

If I had my way, as supreme ruler of the earth (
), we would live alongside animals and benefit each other. We can use animals without needing to kill them or work them to death.

Not only is taking another living creatures life just simply for a meal barbaric, it is stupid and unneeded as we have the technology to live (more)healthy being vegetarian. Vegetarianism is the future, whether you agree or not. The resources that go into growing meat far surpass what it produces. The input is more than the output. This process is imbalanced, and will eventually be changed.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lavarian
well i understand what your talking about, but i think humans dont need to eat food. ive been experimenting with hunger and eating and i found out that i dont need to eat to survive, becuase i as other humans can do if they tried feed off of energy. i take in the energy that surronds us and use as my food source. if you think about it nature is filled with energy, if we can learn to control our own energy within we can obsorb natural energy and therefore get rid of hunger


You're referring to breatharians? That would solve this argument.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lavarian
 


Can you link some evidence to support that other humans can not eat and survive off other energy? And what energy would this be? You realise our body is continually breaking down and being remade on a cellular level, and we need the building blocks to do this? Proteins, vitamins and minerals, water, fat and carbohydrates are all necessary for this to occur.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

what other "animal" has constructed rockets, explored the moon, and figured out that there is more out there than "a bright thing" in the sky? How many other "animals" are aware of black holes in the center of our galaxy? How many other animals are aware of what a "galaxy" is? If we were merely animals to the same degree you are comparing us to, you wouldn't be on a computer right now.


You can't equate intelligence with the right to live. If we are ever payed a visit by aliens who's intelligence far surpasses ours, I would hope that they have mercy on mankind...

Humans weren't always intelligent.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by kalamatas

Originally posted by The_Zomar
As much as you guys suggest killing anything in whatever way is humane, I'll never fall for that line.

"I killed your brother/mother/father/sister (your choice), but don't worry, I punched a hole in her skull so she died quickly and humanely."

Hitlers troops humanely killed babies because it only took one shot to the head when they were thrown up into the air.

Pretty off-topic...


So are animals evil when they kill? Because if we're animals to then.....

Murderers and Hitler killed with evil intend, not for survival.

If you really want to get into contradictions, explain pro-choice vegans.


I don't believe in evil or good because I'm not religious. I'm against suffering. I am pro-choice myself, but thats because a clump of cells can't feel pain or suffer. I'm strongly against late term abortions. I would cut anything off after 3 months or so. (I would have to look and pinpoint where they form a working brain) But that is beside the point and I'm not about to get into an abortion discussion in a topic about humans naturally being plant-eaters.

If I had my way, as supreme ruler of the earth (
), we would live alongside animals and benefit each other. We can use animals without needing to kill them or work them to death.

Not only is taking another living creatures life just simply for a meal barbaric, it is stupid and unneeded as we have the technology to live (more)healthy being vegetarian. Vegetarianism is the future, whether you agree or not. The resources that go into growing meat far surpass what it produces. The input is more than the output. This process is imbalanced, and will eventually be changed.


The solution is not resorting to vegan-ism, its called moderation...now finally I know where you have gone wrong, you are trying desperately to f actualize things and sound scientific to influence people away from meat, but ultimately your driving force is emotions towards animals and your perception of "barbarism". That is a losing battle just so you know.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by kalamatas

Originally posted by The_Zomar
As much as you guys suggest killing anything in whatever way is humane, I'll never fall for that line.

"I killed your brother/mother/father/sister (your choice), but don't worry, I punched a hole in her skull so she died quickly and humanely."

Hitlers troops humanely killed babies because it only took one shot to the head when they were thrown up into the air.

Pretty off-topic...


So are animals evil when they kill? Because if we're animals to then.....

Murderers and Hitler killed with evil intend, not for survival.

If you really want to get into contradictions, explain pro-choice vegans.


I don't believe in evil or good because I'm not religious. I'm against suffering. I am pro-choice myself, but thats because a clump of cells can't feel pain or suffer. I'm strongly against late term abortions. I would cut anything off after 3 months or so. (I would have to look and pinpoint where they form a working brain) But that is beside the point and I'm not about to get into an abortion discussion in a topic about humans naturally being plant-eaters.

If I had my way, as supreme ruler of the earth (
), we would live alongside animals and benefit each other. We can use animals without needing to kill them or work them to death.

Not only is taking another living creatures life just simply for a meal barbaric, it is stupid and unneeded as we have the technology to live (more)healthy being vegetarian. Vegetarianism is the future, whether you agree or not. The resources that go into growing meat far surpass what it produces. The input is more than the output. This process is imbalanced, and will eventually be changed.


Killing a life in the womb anytime after conception is a very anti-spiritual thing in my opinion. People and animals suffer all the time and is a part of our existence here, and I agree that animal suffering FOR the sake of food it wrong. Hence as I've said, the properly raised, properly slaughtered animal does not suffer.

You're argument that vegetarian as healthier still stands unfounded. Above factory farmed meats, yes. Above naturally and ethically raised meats, no.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas

What is it about meat that holds back spirituality.


The fact that it proliferates unnecessary suffering.


Originally posted by kalamatas

God gave us the ability to hunt, to use animals for sustenance, fuel and clothing. I personally feel it is with what intent the animal was killed, the stress that that animal endured, and with what reverence you hold life that it effects your spirit.


Let's run with your hypothesis of "God" and what he "gave us". How do you know that God, in his infinite, abundant and unconditional love is satisfied with his creations being devaluated to mere foodstuffs? How do you know it's not a spiritual challenge placed before you to test your compassion?


Originally posted by kalamatas

I have deep empathy for all animals, but have no qualms about eating an animal who's life was treated with respect.


I wonder how your convictions would stand if our species were ever to be demoted on the food chain.


Originally posted by kalamatas
I refuse to eat meat that even has the slightest possibility of having been treated in an inhumane way.


Since when is murder humane?
edit on 22/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Everyone needs protein whether it comes through nuts and other plants or from a protein such as meat. Even chimpanzee's which are considered mankind's closest cousin will go on hunting escapades. www-bcf.usc.edu...



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by kalamatas

What is it about meat that holds back spirituality.


The fact that it proliferates unnecessary suffering.


Originally posted by kalamatas

God gave us the ability to hunt, to use animals for sustenance, fuel and clothing. I personally feel it is with what intent the animal was killed, the stress that that animal endured, and with what reverence you hold life that it effects your spirit.




Let's run with your hypothesis of "God" and what he "gave us". How do you know that God, in his infinite, abundant and unconditional love is satisfied with his creations being devaluated to mere foodstuffs? How do you know it's not a spiritual challenge placed before you to test your compassion?


Originally posted by kalamatas

I have deep empathy for all animals, but have no qualms about eating an animal who's life was treated with respect.


I wonder how your convictions would stand if our species were ever to be demoted on the food chain.


Originally posted by kalamatas

I have deep empathy for all animals, but have no qualms about eating an animal who's life was treated with respect


Since when is murder humane?


Once again, are animals murders? Are lions, tigers and hippos murderers?

The word murder connotates ill intention. We're talking about food and survival not, malicious intent.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

You can't equate intelligence with the right to live. If we are ever payed a visit by aliens who's intelligence far surpasses ours, I would hope that they have mercy on mankind...



If we are to be treated with like justice then it's likely we'll be rendered as processed food products. How quickly the omnivores would see the err of their ethos; perhaps this is what it would take.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar
 
Uhh we are not giraffe's? We know its cold so we know if we chose to go there we need to adapt and adjust through tools to make it happen and survive there. A giraffe doesn't...it really is that simple.

Are you implying that if any form of life on this rock found a way to adapt to any condition on earth outside of its original birth habitat, that it would be unnatural?






posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Humans have become all too accustomed with exploiting anyone and anything. We exploit the lesser developed countries in order to benefit the developed nations. We exploit animals simply for the energy to make it to the next meal where we will again take another innocent, defenseless life.

We as a race should work together, we should protect and help all animal species living on mother Earth. We can be the gods of the future if we chose to do so. Unfortunately we are only parasites at this stage in time, and I hope it is just that; a stage in time.

Humanity has some lessons to learn before we ultimately settle the stars. We will forever be stranded on this rock if we continue down the current path we are taking.

...Go ahead and slam another burger, choke down another creature. Humanity will be waiting.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos
 


Why is it called "humane" when you put a suffering animal down?



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar
 


I just wanted to applaud you for such a great post your are 100% correct we have exploited without thinking of the consequences and it looks like we are now paying the price.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
most omnivores eat primarily plant life eating meat when the opportunity or need is presented since we are basically omnivores ...driven by "social normality" we lean more towards meat in our daily diet instead of fruit and vegetables. although personally when i eat fruit or vegetables i do gain cravings for more and more.




top topics



 
41
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join