It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
And you base this on?

What does it need to be based on?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
Esoterically speaking, vegetarians and vegans are simply on higher spiritual plane. Omnivores genuinely can not and do not get it on a conceptual and intellectual level. Naturally, if I were an omnivore, I wouldn't want to admit this to myself either.

The wheel turns. Every pound of flesh an omnivore consumes, they will pay in kind for in subsequent life times. Karma will have its way. Your belief in it or understanding of it is irrelevant. Such truths aggravate the omnivore as they should.

I'd reconsider an omnivorous diet only to consume human omnivores; alive if possible.

edit on 22/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

Lol, yes, again, Hitler was a vegetarian, so, he was in a higher spiritual plane?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal

Lol, yes, again, Hitler was a vegetarian, so, he was in a higher spiritual plane?

Nope; you're blatantly wrong. Hitler wasn't a vegetarian.

I've heard of this new craze; the cool kids are calling it "research". You might like it.

Consider the historical facts:
• Biographers who wrote about Hitler (and who knew him quite well on a personal basis) openly describe his love for Bavarian sausages and game pie ("game" meaning wild meat from birds and other creatures). • Hitler's own chef openly talked about Hitler's love for stuffed pigeon.
• In none of Hitler's speeches or writing did Hitler state he was a vegetarian or speak in favor of vegetarianism. • Hitler was regularly given injections of a protein serum made from the testicles of a bull -- not exactly a treatment that would be tolerated by vegetarians.
• None of Hitler's lieutenants were vegetarians, nor was vegetarianism promoted in any way in the Nazi party. In fact, Hitler suffered from severe flatulence (where do you think the idea for the gas chambers came from?) and was advised by doctors to follow a vegetarian diet from time to time in order to calm the gas attacks. This is probably where the myth about Hitler being a vegetarian first originated.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

And you base this on?

Facts, not opinions or fantasies.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

And you base this on?

Obviously not science, but something rather than nothing.

What is it about meat that holds back spirituality. Personally I believe spiritual growth relies on intent. God gave us the ability to hunt, to use animals for sustenance, fuel and clothing. I personally feel it is with what intent the animal was killed, the stress that that animal endured, and with what reverence you hold life that it effects your spirit.

I have deep empathy for all animals, but have no qualms about eating an animal who's life was treated with respect. I refuse to eat meat that even has the slightest possibility of having been treated in an inhumane way.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

And you base this on?

If you are requesting hard evidence of someone being higher on a spiritual plane.. actually, I'll bite my tongue on this one.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Becoming veg definitely doesn't make you more spiritual. Cuz I've met some crazy mean vegetarians.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
As much as you guys suggest killing anything in whatever way is humane, I'll never fall for that line.

"I killed your brother/mother/father/sister (your choice), but don't worry, I punched a hole in her skull so she died quickly and humanely."

Hitlers troops humanely killed babies because it only took one shot to the head when they were thrown up into the air.

Pretty off-topic...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
After reading all the posts in this thread the answer to this debate seems to be simple.

Yes, humans are naturally plant eaters. However, Humans are not solely plant eaters.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The claims of the OP are ridiculous. Eating meat does not by itself spawn things like heart disease and cancer. I have this argument with my vegetarian friend all the time. He always replies with something along the lines of "i'll get fat, get heart disease and die." I tell him it's just a matter of will power (because it is...if it wasn't no one would eat it) and he says it's about calories. If you are such a weak-minded person that you believe meat will literally wreak immediate havoc upon entering your body, then yes: you as a human being should not eat meat. And although i am unable to locate a link, many evolutionists and biologists believe the adoption of meat into the diet of the early humans lead to the frontal lobe, and an overall boost in intelligence. In short, as already stated by others, its about moderation. You vegetarians aren't superior because you refuse consumption of flesh. You get virtually no bonuses in comparison to us omnivores who can handle eating meat. Live with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
As much as you guys suggest killing anything in whatever way is humane, I'll never fall for that line.

"I killed your brother/mother/father/sister (your choice), but don't worry, I punched a hole in her skull so she died quickly and humanely."

Hitlers troops humanely killed babies because it only took one shot to the head when they were thrown up into the air.

Pretty off-topic...

So are animals evil when they kill? Because if we're animals to then.....

Murderers and Hitler killed with evil intend, not for survival.

If you really want to get into contradictions, explain pro-choice vegans.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Why can't my suppositions be based on opinion?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Paramahansa Yogananda was a vegetarian, fat and died of a heart attack at 57....

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal

Nope; you're blatantly wrong. Hitler wasn't a vegetarian.

I've heard of this new craze; the cool kids are calling it "research". You might like it.

Consider the historical facts:
• Biographers who wrote about Hitler (and who knew him quite well on a personal basis) openly describe his love for Bavarian sausages and game pie ("game" meaning wild meat from birds and other creatures). • Hitler's own chef openly talked about Hitler's love for stuffed pigeon.
• In none of Hitler's speeches or writing did Hitler state he was a vegetarian or speak in favor of vegetarianism. • Hitler was regularly given injections of a protein serum made from the testicles of a bull -- not exactly a treatment that would be tolerated by vegetarians.
• None of Hitler's lieutenants were vegetarians, nor was vegetarianism promoted in any way in the Nazi party. In fact, Hitler suffered from severe flatulence (where do you think the idea for the gas chambers came from?) and was advised by doctors to follow a vegetarian diet from time to time in order to calm the gas attacks. This is probably where the myth about Hitler being a vegetarian first originated.

www.naturalnews.com...

Lol, i was waiting for a "no true scotman"

First, more research, what about some memories from one is his secretaries?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Such things included his modest appetite, and the way he ate only side dishes - always avoiding meat. His Austrian cook Kruemel believed that life without meat was not worth living, and would often try to sneak a little animal broth or fat into the meal. "Mostly the Fuehrer would notice the attempt at deception, would get very annoyed and then get tummy ache. At the end he would only let Kruemel cook him clear soup and mashed potato."

I think that is a very credible source.

Second, your other arguments are interesting.

Do i have to speak in favor of something to be that? what if i don't say to people i know that i eat meat? that would make me a vegetarian?

The injections are for taurine, we are talking about 1940 more or less, and there were all kind of weird medical treatment, now taurine is used for energy drinks, maybe in those time some doctor suggest taurine like a medicina to fight fatigue or something like that, and there are vegetarians that eat eggs or milk, so i don't find weird that one vegetarian used taurine.

And the last about his lieutenants is not very smart, so if my mom is vegetarian and i don't them she is not vegetarian? if the president of my country is vegetarian and i don't them he is not?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I think they can, but you have to explain how that opinion is formed by way of logic.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If you're going to use your opinion to doom all us meat-eaters to eternal spiritual inferiority, you're in the wrong forum.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Becoming veg definitely doesn't make you more spiritual. Cuz I've met some crazy mean vegetarians.

Indeed.

Allow me to correct myself by way of elaboration and further distinction:

Those on a higher spiritual plane are often vegetarian/vegan but not all vegetarians/vegans are on a higher spiritual plane.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Go vegan for a month and tell me how you feel

I can't go without meat for a few days I start feeling light headed and my blood sugar drops way too low and I feel faint...
Here's a question to get you thinking- if we weren't supposed to eat animals THEN WHY DO THEY TASTE SO DAMN GOOD?

The Inuit tribe lived off only fish and whale blubber for decades and were extremely healthy. It was only until the American diet came into their society that their health started to diminish.

And you can argue as much as you want as to why we should be plant eaters- it still won't change the fact that they taste so damn good and make me people feel great... and nobody will stop slaughtering them for their juicy tender carcasses. Mmm I'm starting to crave some scrumptious butter soaked veal now.

OH and btw that picture of the guy with the teeth and blood is a little over the top...my little sister caught a glimpse of it and screamed and now she will have nightmares.
edit on 22-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Indeed.

Allow me to correct myself by way of elaboration and further distinction:

Those on a higher spiritual plane are often vegetarian/vegan but not all vegetarians/vegans are on a higher spiritual plane.

You see, that's an opinion i can accept, of course, i don't share it but that is like an opinion sounds.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

If you're going to use your opinion to doom all us meat-eaters to eternal spiritual inferiority,

Who said anything about eternal? On the contrary, I very much motioned the opposite. I advocate correction. I furthermore tolerate the process.

you're in the wrong forum.

Why's that? I'm a spiritually inclined vegan interested in a viable approach toward survivalism that doesn't conflict with my opinions on what spirituality is and how our practices pertain to it. I can't think of more applicable forum or topic for such dialog.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join