It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I have to ask and I do hope you reply. Why o WHY do you keep reducing human beings down to simple animals? It is obvious we are not no? It is obvious that what sets us apart and allows us to eat and live wherever the hell we want derives from our ability to mentally create and utilize tools..no?

So why do you think so simplistically about the nature of human beings? Why do you reduce our ability to survive to a select portion of the planet in which the climate is perfect? Why do you reduce our diets/choices to simplistic animal choices based on if we actually were animals?

You are missing out on a great truth about human beings every single time you reduce us down to animals and try to put humans in their "natural place". This great truth is obvious to many but you seem to refuse to acknowledge it for some reason?

We are not the same as the animals on the rest of this planet. We have the ability to create/utilize tools that give us more access to this 3d realm we are inhabiting. This is why we are superior to all other animals and to compare us based on the same terms will always lead you to false conclusions.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Prove it

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

Our bodies can process insects and human flesh but we choose not to.

We (humans) don't eat human flesh because it's health effects not to mention the morality of it.
We (vegetarians) don't eat meat because it's health effects not to mention the morality of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The whole "Eat plants" and "Eat meat!" wars have to stop.

Look the human teeth contain both flat teeth for plants similar to herbivores but they also contain shortened canine teeth developed for ripping (through meat).

Stop thinking that eating a burger is eating a corpse. It's called survival. And don't think an herbivore won't kill another herbivore over the last plant on earth, just like carnivores would kill eachother over the last prime rib.

This a common misconception that correlates with humans thinking they are somehow vastly superior to every species in the known world.

You can dress a monkey with a gucci suit but guess what, in the end, it's still a monkey.

I'd also like to add that this isn't based on opinion. History has shown that when a human is pushed to the limit of survival, it will do anything, including behave like an "inferior" animal to survive.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Shikamaru because: Added the last tidbit beacuse the mind does wander...

link   

Originally posted by FlatBeAT
Prove it

Been there, done that. Read the thread.

link   
I don't have a lot to add to this, as i am conflicted internally on this issue. I will only say that i am currently eating almost all meat (low carb diet) and am literally melting (30lbs in 3 weeks).

I am a fan of Pythagoras, believing him to be the pinnacle of humanity. His feelings on this matter:

"As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. "

I agree.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Are you a multicellular organism that has a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow you to respond rapidly to stimuli?

We are animals. Saying otherwise is putting lipstick on a pig.

Thinking we are anything other than animals is a man made creation, as is religion, where that delusional idea (that we are not animals) most likely stemmed from.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

We (humans) don't eat human flesh because it's health effects not to mention the morality of it.
We (vegetarians) don't eat meat because it's health effects not to mention the morality of it.

We chose not to? Where in 200,000 years of evolution have we, as a whole, chosen not to eat meat?

There are no negative health effects about meat. Evidence is there, you're ignoring it.

Prove it

Been there, done that. Read the thread.

No you did not. I'm amazed at how persistent you are when you have been proven wrong countless of times.

We are animals.

Exactly, we are animals. Look at indigenous tribes, the closest humans to nature. They all eat meat and feast on blood. You just dug yourself a big hole right there with that statement.
edit on 22-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

How is living in cold climates unnatural? That's the strangest statement yet. Have you ever heard of pemmican?

My other half has frequented Baffin Island and has partaken of the food there, eating raw polar bear fat, and caribou and seal meat. From his experience everyone there is very fit and healthy, and have sparse fruits and veggies that have to be imported.
Taking a Closer Look at the Inuit Paradox and Cardiovascular Disease

edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You haven't proved anything. Not one single shred of evidence to counter the many facts that myself and others have brought to the table. If your side of the debate is simply going to come from judgement and opinion rather than fact, why are you still continuing on? You've simply offered nothing of any substance that can counter the facts that have been presented here.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
why not be a vegan to stop the slaugtering and havest of animals, I care for living things sorry.

Plants are also living things, you must really hate them, killing and eating only them....

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Is a little arrogant to speak in name of the human species don't you think?

There are societies that still eat insects, thai food with insects is popular, maybe i choose to don't eat insects but that's only me, not everyone, well, i don't know if counts but here the indians make a hot souce with ants, is very nice, i have one of those

And about human flesh, i don't now if every human choose not too, there are always cases of people eating people, and in darker and remotes places who now.

So everybody makes different choice, i don't now why everyone must do exactly the same, kind of boring.

Me, human, (maybe you think i am a martian) do eat meat (and very raw, i like with blood) and i don't have moral problems with it, and i'm pretty sure that people who eat meat doesn't have moral problems with that, why others animals can and we don't?

P.S. I'm very healthy =)

P.S. I´m not one of those who gets all his meat from a supermarket, i had killed animals and eat them after =).

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool
We chose not to? Where in 200,000 years of evolution have we, as a whole, chosen not to eat meat?

Nowhere, I've never said that. Are you delusional?

It's safe to say, however, that we didn't eat meat before we could hunt.

Originally posted by PoorFool
There are no negative health effects about meat.

edit on 22-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

Funny thing is I've been the only person posting evidence. The rest of you are assuming and posting youtube videos of TV Shows.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
Although Jane goodall was a true pioneer, and payed for it with her life,

So you can book her dead body to give a lecture???

www.janegoodall.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas
How is living in cold climates unnatural?

Go to the pole without man-made tech. Unnatural. Unnatural in the same way we would question seeing a wild giraffe in Antarctica.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Keep on issue :
Sometimes I wonder why we slaughter other living creatures and eat their flesh, im thinking of stopping eating meat completely... sometimes when eating a tasty burger it hits me that im eating a corpse

michaelbluejay.com...

If you choose to give it a try be sure to have a "bumper" week as I call it, and ease off of the meat. The next week eat a 100% vegetarian diet. It's amazingly (and surprisingly) easy.

If you sometimes "sin" and eat frozen foods; check out this old thread by me:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't forget many restaurants have a vegetarian option. Chili's, Dennys, Applebees, to name a few. Vegi-burgers that even meat lovers switch to when they finally give it a try!

Oh that's a great suggestion, don't eat meat but head to Chili's and you can have some gmo corn, fried in a little bit of gmo canola oil. Maybe a little salad with preservative and pesticides. And for the main entree a little hexane filled veggie burger on a wholesome bleached, denatured and fortified white flour bun. Oh and wait! For desert, mmmm, some of that yummy corn syrup cherry pie, with hydrogenated vegetable oil crust. So heart healthy!

Of course this is after you've had time to digest that estrogenic gmo filled tofu scramble from Denny's.

Now that's HEALTH!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You are failing to see what I am saying, or forgetting what I have said.

You said if our bodies can process it then it means we should eat it.

I gave an example of other things we can process, but choose not to eat.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

You are grasping at straws. Hardcore.

I didn't say he *should* eat there, I'm saying its possible to still dine out being a vegetarian.

I shouldn't have gave you the pleasure of a reply.

All of which you mentioned, by the way, sounds way better than a virus sprayed bacteria infested GMO slab of heart disease.
edit on 22-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Thanks for posting this. I really enjoyed the video of the vegan bodybuilder. I am technically a pescestarian, I eat fish, consume dairy and eggs, but no meats. en.wikipedia.org...

There are a few reasons for my choosing this diet. I started the diet on May 5th 2010, I had just been put in jail. I'd been in jail before and eaten the meat, and it doesn't seem particularly appetizing or healthy to me, I suffered through it then, but this time when they asked my diet I said vegetarian. It took almost weeks for them to get my meals straightened out, until then I just traded my meats for veggies. So that's one reason, the meat in jail was just unappetizing. I also wanted to lose weight, and knew that opting for a veggie diet would help that since meats TEND to have more calories per gram. Another reason was that I was in jail for violating probation by using cannabis. I wanted to kick the habit of my smoking pot and drinking, and I knew I needed more willpower to do it. I took up vegetarianism as a choice to help build up my willpower, and it helped, it still does. I also wanted to do it as a challenge to myself. Some people set goals and challenge themselves to things, so I challenged myself to be a vegetarian (pescetarian) for a year. It's going well with only a couple minor bumps along the way. May 5th 2011 I will be eating steak, thank you. Though I will probably continue to LIMIT my meat intake afterwards, but definetly not deny it all together.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join