It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
its the crap they mix with meat what does you the most harm

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Linking me to primitive people eating raw meat, or someone eating it on a survival television show (It's just that; survival) certainly isn't helping your argument. lol.

Primitive cultures consumed other humans as well, should we assume that is reason to believe that humans were meant to be cannibals? According to your logic; yes.

Because humans have done something before, doesn't mean it is right. In fact, you have only strengthened my argument as eating raw meat is a dying practice.

You have obviously made up your mind and refuse to change it in the face of facts, evidence, and basic logic.
I'll continue eating my fresh garden veggies, beautiful homegrown fruit, and healthy free eggs from chickens at the (cowless, pigless) farm while you can continue to eat your disease ridden lump of animal tissue.

Don't come crying to me when you have heart disease, in fact, I won't be donating my organs as it was your decision to kill your own.

Natural selection at its finest says I.
edit on 22-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

You could of course grow your own to avoid that, but it would be impractical waiting months/years for a meal. (imagine that)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Carnivorous animals can consume raw flesh exclusively and survive. It is because they were designed to do this.

Humans cannot consume nearly a fraction of that amount of raw meat before health effects arise.
Fire is not a natural part of human history.

Consume large amounts of raw meat, as humans would have had to do naturally (if your theory that humans are suppose to be omnivores) and see what happens. At best, you would become violently ill. At worst, you would die.

No amount of doubt, ignorance, or shoddy opinionated nutrition textbooks will ever change that.

Christ on a crutch are you just full of fallible claims...seriously think THINK T H I N K about what it is you are implying/saying.

explain to me why humans would have had to eat "large amounts of raw meat"?? As omnivores they would be supplementing with non-meat foods. The amount of meat needed for survival isn't as much as you seem to be implying. Fire not a natural part of human history? You realize what we would be today if we were not utilizing fire? We wouldn't even successfully be cavemen yet, we would be out in the open to fall victim to predators we don't stand a chance against without our "tool" and mental ability to survive via "tools" such as "fire"...

Saying fire is an not a natural part of human history is much like saying trees are not a natural part of bird history...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
its the crap they mix with meat what does you the most harm

this is actually the best short truthful one liner I have seen within this thread...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

reply to post by PoorFool

I find it funny that you link to a primitive culture that fails to develop.

They've developed enough to live in an extremely harsh cold climate. I would like to see you do that.

They can live off meat like anyone. Doesn't mean they are healthy or live long.

www.diseaseproof.com...
edit on 22/1/2011 by nightrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Sorry, no other animal naturally uses fire. You think our bodies developed around the use of fire; before we even started using it? Thats a stretch, I don't think anyone will believe it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Linking me to primitive people eating raw meat, or someone eating it on a survival television show (It's just that; survival) certainly isn't helping your argument. lol.

Primitive cultures consumed other humans as well, should we assume that is reason to believe that humans were meant to be cannibals? According to your logic; yes.

Because humans have done something before, doesn't mean it is right. In fact, you have only strengthened my argument as eating raw meat is a dying practice.

You have obviously made up your mind and refuse to change it in the face of facts, evidence, and basic logic.
I'll continue eating my fresh garden veggies, beautiful homegrown fruit, and healthy free eggs from chickens at the (cowless, pigless) farm while you can continue to eat your disease ridden lump of animal tissue.

Don't come crying to me when you have heart disease, in fact, I won't be donating my organs as it was your decision to kill your own.

Natural selection at its finest says I.
edit on 22-1-2011 by The_Zomar because: (no reason given)

Wow. The way we are meant to eat is exactly how God designed us to survive without our modern conveniences AND misconceptions. Raw meat diet is not a dying practice, in fact it is gaining popularity. Look up Raw Paleo diet. By the mere fact that humans did survive on raw meat tells you what? If it's germs you're concerned about, you can blame that on factory farming. And to add the overuse of antibiotics and destruction of beneficial bacteria is what puts us in a predicament of eating raw meat in modern times.

“Bernard was right; the pathogen is nothing; the terrain is everything.” — Louis Pasteur’s deathbed words

Apparently you've chosen to not look at any of the facts, yes FACTS anyone else here has presented. But no one is trying to sway you, just let you know that your judgement is not based upon truth or fact. You obviously didn't look into the cholesterol myth, nor anything else anyone provided, by the mere fact that you assume meat will produce heart disease.

My gosh, those poor people that have lived into their nineties and died of old age and ate meat all their life were truly ill informed.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
Did I miss any?

Yes...on purpose I think. Selective listing to show a bias result is poor information.

Why not make the list of meats something similar to the way you show your vegetables? Many farmed, many hunted.

Cows
Pigs
Chickens
Sheep
Goats
Rabbit
Turkey
Salmon
Trout
Oysters
Mussels
Duck
Goose
Cod
Halibut
Salmon
Sole
Plaice
Shrimp
Prawn
Squid
Mackrel
Grouper
Cockles
Lobster
Octopus
Crab
Crayfish
Snapper
Bass
Catfish
Anchovies
Mullet
Shark
Turbot
Eel
Perch
Rabbit
Deer
Boar
Pigeon
Pheasant
Quail
Ostrich
Bear
Bison
Partridge
Seal
Woodcock
Not to mention insects etc etc....

I could go on for ages but I think you get the idea.

For every fruit or vegetable you could name, an animal could probably also be named so please don't say there is more diversity in plant food than animal food without considering a broader spectrum for consideration.

There is so much more diversity in plant food than in meats.

Tell that to an eskimo and they'd laugh. I don't even think they eat seaweed!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You think its coincidence that the animals that live off of seeds, nuts, and fruits (elephants, macaws, etc) happen to have the longest lifespans? Usually 50 years +, while not uncommon to reach 100+
Blackbears have a lifespan of around 40 years. "Coincidentally" 90% of the diet of Black Bears are plants.

Carnivores typically have a lifespan of under 20 years on average, of course it all depends on the species.

Primitive man who had to eat raw meat lived a miserable 30 years or less.

However, I'm done showing you the obvious. Careful not to fall off the side of Earth.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

It doesn't matter what our ancestors did because it was millions of years ago. Animals evolve to meet the demands around them. How on Earth do you expect us to suddenly become vegans after eating meat for thousands of years, if not more. Our bodies have adapted to being meat eaters.

Now of course I am not saying strictly eating meat but a good diet comprises of meat, vegetable, and fruits. Everything in moderation is good. However eating excess meat is bad for you but so is eating excess bread or excess nuts.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Meat is meat, it varies in nutrients but not nearly as much as vegetables do.

PS; when is the last time you had a cockle or mullet?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Primitive man who had to eat raw meat lived a miserable 30 years or less.

You have no evidence of this. Once again, I will say it over and over again. I know many people who are older and remaining extremely youthful, athletic, and healthy while living off of raw meats.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread. you are correct we are not made to eat meat. However we have removed ourselfs so far from nature that we have fofgotten who we are. Hence many of the mordern day problems...

kx

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Saw this headline and had to post. Digestion and nutrition are not uniform for a start,and anyone who has ever said that they are, needs thier internet purchased doctorate in human biology removed from the wall, and inserted squarely in thier throat so that they cannot spout any more prattle.
Dependant on factors ranging from genetics, and by that I mean birth origin, climate and altitude at which one lives, and individual digestive issues like illness or allergy , people have varied diets that in an ideal world match the nutrient requirement for thier lives and circumstances.
Me personaly , I cannot gain the nutrition , and therefore the energy and strength I need to live my life from vegetables alone. I have tried an all vegetable diet, and it literaly almost killed me from malnutrition. When this occured I looked up the diet of very early neolithic man in Britain. While its true that the hardy little tinkers used to eat plants and herbs on a regular basis, its also true that in the earliest possible records, and from archeological evidence, corpse flesh has been absolutely vital to the existance of Britons for an awfuly long time. Thousands of years pretty much.
Wether it be fish, or venison, or sheep or other mammals, Britons have been munching on the dead for a very long time. Im sure that if I had been born, or if I lived in a very hot nation, which never got cold, and in which I had to do virtualy no work of any labour intesive sort, I could live on nothing but vegetables. Of course I would perish of skin cancer within years since being British I cook like bacon on a grill when the temperature gets above fifteen degrees celcius.
What I am trying to get across, is that its all very well proclaiming with pomposity and indignation that we were never supposed to be meat eaters, and that we could all be snacking on tasty dishes like spinach and basil rather than gammon and eggs, but the fact is that would only ever have been a logical theory, if mankind had stayed where he was when he first came about.
If you look at the history of mankind as a whole, and particularly his cullinary talents, you will see a higher percentage of meals served south of the equator which contain no meat. North of there you will see that in all lands , meat is served, hot and fresh from the oven and dripping with animal fats. Even in the primative cultures of the deepest and least explored parts of the Amazon River basin, animals are eaten, be they bugs or hunted mammals. Even in the oldest, least changed cultures that our world can show to us, meat is eaten.
Now, its very true that some people get by perfectly well on a diet of nothing but vegetables, vegans and vegetarians do very well for themselves with it, and thier obsession with cramming thier attitude to cuisine down the throats of everyone they come across. However, vegetarianism does not work for all people, and for some, like myself it can be down right dangerous.
When I eat a meal, it almost always contains either meat, or products from animals, like cheese or milk or the stock from a roast or something of that nature. Even soups. When I am finished with my meal, I have to wait but half an hour, and I am ready for anything, energy thrums through my viens as my mind realises I have consumed something hearty and wholesome with plenty of iron in it, and crucialy that because that iron is delivered along side animal fats, it will reach my blood quicker, and be richer in content than all the cabbage and other growing things I could eat. This is due to concentration. Animals have iron in thier diets, which concentrates in thier flesh, and importantly , when you cook correctly it stays in the meat, which then ends up in my guts, and then the iron is taken from my guts to my bodies factories where it is stripped processed and used to fuel me, to rebuild me anew when I am broken, to repair the torn and bloody skin that is evidence of a hard days work around metal, and the fats are burned as energy as I work or play, rather than sitting unused in the fat layers of my flesh.
I once had the occasion to be accosted in the street by a young man who wanted to talk to me about the possibility of me giving up meat. He claimed that it was foolish for people to eat something alive, especialy when they are not prepared to kill the animal themselves. He abhored the way animals for food are treated, and in that I agreed with him most heartily .

To him I said this:
" If I could walk into a farmers feild, and leap upon an unsuspecting cow or sheep, tear out its throat with my teeth, or dash its head to mush with a battle hammer or axe, or in some speedy fashion kill it without making its suffering unduely long, and drag it home to be cut down to its edible parts and stored, then I would.
I would likely do it quicker and with less stress than would a bolt gun to the head, which I hear can fail to kill every now and again. But doing so would be illegal, and would get me arrested. While I am capable of loving the creatures of the Earth, I also value my ability and freedom to live, and no matter how much love I can give food animals, I will always value my survival above that care and love. I do not consider myself less of a person for that."

That was my stance then, and is now.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Thank you for the thread. you are correct we are not made to eat meat. However we have removed ourselfs so far from nature that we have fofgotten who we are. Hence many of the mordern day problems...

kx

It's the other way around. All of this farming has led us away from our nature. In nature, animal foods provided the best for our survival and still do. No plant food can compete with the super-foods inside of an animal.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

Sorry, no other animal naturally uses fire. You think our bodies developed around the use of fire; before we even started using it? Thats a stretch, I don't think anyone will believe it.

You are completely misunderstanding that which is human nature. It is human nature to create/construct tools, it is human nature to use those tools for survival, fire is a tool. Just as it is bird nature to create/construct nests from sticks for use as shelter etc...

Stop reducing human being to simple animals...we are not. When you reduce man to simple vegetarian animals who's use of tools (fire) are "unnatural" you have effectively proven you have no idea what "nature" really entails. If man were forced to exist with the rest of this world without the use of tools created from our NATURAL mental ability we wouldn't have survived. We are not equipped physically to handle this planet without the use of our mental advantage which includes TOOLS (fire).

Fire exists in nature we did not invent it, we use it. Trees/twigs exist in nature birds did not invent them, they use them. Are you following me yet or is this too difficult? I usually hate to enter condescending tones but really if your not simply disagreeing to disagree then whatever tone I tell you anything in will not matter.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by nerbot

Meat is meat, it varies in nutrients but not nearly as much as vegetables do.

PS; when is the last time you had a cockle or mullet?

I have a jar of cockles in my fridge thankyou very much....mmmm, yummy. And I had mullet with green beans, potatoes and a white wine sauce just before xmas.

Because you don't know what something is doesn't mean it doesn't exist.....sheesh!

Wiki - Cockle
Wiki - Mullet

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kalamatas

Are you sure god intended humans to eat meat? The "essene gospel" which apparently predates the bible, it is taught that man should not kill other life that we are all children of mother earth. That when we eat plants our skin and eyes will be as bright as the fruit of the trees or something. It's not something I follow, but I have skimmed across the first chapter. Conveniently enough I crossed this article yesterday:

www.thatsfit.com...

Meat isn't a shortcut to nutrition. It isn't a huge deal in the diet. It's mainly protein and any vegan is testament that we get enough protein from plants. I'm actually real lazy to explain, but basically when people want to be healthier and stop eating meat, they eat more plants and gain more nutrition they normally wouldn't get from a meat diet.

Nobody should be eating red meat.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDebunkMachine
Lol'd hard at apes are vegan, and only meat products they eat are termites, one of the dumbest things i have ever read. Orangutans eat meat, you can even see on a tv show called "orangutan island", one orangutan learns to catch fish and the rest start to eat fish. And chimpanzees, holy crap do not get me started on chimpanzees, they are some of the most ruthless efficient hunters in the wild, they organize troops of chimps and go out and slaughter and eat animals like the colobus monkey, they have even been found to make and use crude spears to hunt. Gorillas are the only great apes that are herbivores.

Chimp are definitely crazy and ruthless, when hunting. I also saw a program once where they documented where pet chimps snap and attack their owners. (( I dont know why you would have such a powerful animal as a pet in the first place)) The chimp took down a 300lb guy with ease and started ripping his eyelids off, biting his fingers off, chewing his genitals. I can't remember all the gruesome details, but it was horrible!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join