It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Then why aren't carnivorous animals dying from cancer?

Does meat have something against humans in particular?

reply to post by The_Zomar

If I had some grass-fed liver at home, I would. No sweat, I've done it before, with a little salt on top.

edit on 22-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Meat is full of carcinogens? Aren't we made up of meat? Does that mean we are carcinogenic to ourselves???

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Well, thats the big question... But yes.. meat have somehing against humans, try and watch that documentary and learn somehing new mr caveman

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalamatas

Meat is full of carcinogens? Aren't we made up of meat? Does that mean we are carcinogenic to ourselves???

The main substance, accounting for 70 to 85 percent is water, and you dont eat yourself do you ?
edit on 22-1-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I am vegan...I'm still alive and well. I actually had a GI problem that disappeared after I went vegan. I presume the dairy and meat wasn't what I was supposed to eat. And the B12 blabber, cereals are fortified with it, or obviously you could use a supplement, which typically isn't necessary. And if anyone has a question for me, just ask.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So far in the video, cow's milk protein was the source for the rat study, given it's liver cancer can point to another problem rather than simply animal protein. Liver processes hormones. Also consider the fact that the casein was from pasteurized milk, which renders it undigestible.....still watching.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Originally posted by PoorFool

Well, thats the big question... But yes.. meat have somehing against humans, try and watch that documentary and learn somehing new mr caveman

I won't even bother because it says right there "Whole Foods."

Whole Foods, like PETA, is a business which operates on selling garbage "health" foods to ignorant, aggressive imbeciles who come on the internet to argue about their superiority to meat eaters.

They do sell decent meat though, albeit overpriced.

Originally posted by kalamatas

So far in the video, cow's milk protein was the source for the rat study, given it's liver cancer can point to another problem rather than simply animal protein. Liver processes hormones. Also consider the fact that the casein was from pasteurized milk, which renders it undigestible.....still watching.

So this is what it's about? An isolated, processed milk protein given to rats? Laughable.

This has been done on the China Study and it has been debunked.
edit on 22-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I do think man was intended to be vegan however not under todays situation. You see no instructions of eating meat till after Noah's flood. Before it people lived almost 1,000 years old. The first thing to note is about 99% of plant and animal life is extinct today. The second is the earth changes from before that point recorded in Scripture. Plants were watered not by rain but by a mist from the earth that contained many organic compounds and etc. Plants respond to a select ultra sound in nature and high pitch sounds in opening pours in their leaves. These birds and animals are likely extinct today. So what you eat is like straw. The next thing is the change of the size of the earth as it is about 25% larger than then. Changed the EMF's given off by the earth. So cells don't act the same. Like when a cell divides nine times under corrected EMFs the first cell does not die as today. The result in animals growing to huge sizes and man living far longer. The earth then had a vapor canopy that resulted in two atmosphere contrasted to today. So cells work far better. The increase in gases in this situation also caused plants to grow like crazy to huge sizes. There also has been a change in the earth natural orgone.

To sum this up. Earth changes are the reason we should eat at least some meat.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Carnivorous animals can consume raw flesh exclusively and survive. It is because they were designed to do this.

Humans cannot consume nearly a fraction of that amount of raw meat before health effects arise.
Fire is not a natural part of human history.

Consume large amounts of raw meat, as humans would have had to do naturally (if your theory that humans are suppose to be omnivores) and see what happens. At best, you would become violently ill. At worst, you would die.

No amount of doubt, ignorance, or shoddy opinionated nutrition textbooks will ever change that.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
Carnivorous animals can consume raw flesh exclusively and survive. It is because they were designed to do this.

Humans cannot consume nearly a fraction of that amount of raw meat before health effects arise.
Fire is not a natural part of human history.

Consume large amounts of raw meat, as humans would have had to do naturally (if your theory that humans are suppose to be omnivores) and see what happens. At best, you would become violently ill. At worst, you would die.

No amount of doubt, ignorance, or shoddy opinionated nutrition textbooks will ever change that.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I had issues with bronchitis,asthma, and allergies until around the age of 18 when I moved out on my own. I started making changes with my diet and now 11 years later at the age of 29 I can say that I have absolutely no issues and am in the best shape of my life easily. I have also shed 100 lbs since the age of 18 from 285 to 185. Today I eat a vegan diet and have entirely eliminated dairy and meat. There are a lot of misconceptions about vegetarians and vegans. A person can be a vegetarian and still make very unhealthy choices. Not all vegan/vegetarian diets are equal. The portions and types of food are very important as well. There are many foods available that aren't common in most supermarkets that have incredible nutritional value. How the food is prepared is also important. To each their own of course but the way I am eating now feels right for me and has changed my life. Just my take on it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Certainly eating flesh is not immoral, otherwise we would be left with an interesting dilemma of branding all major carnivores as evil. Head of the food chain predators are normal and part of nature.

With that being said, there is nothing moral about modern industrial farming practices, whereby animals are tortured, pumped full of chemicals, disfigured and diseased and then slaughtered in cruel and unusual, mechanized ways.

That is the issue. As omnivores, we can eat meat, but it is certainly not meant to be the main focus of our diet.

...Unless, your "strain" of humanity happens to occupy a niche that is limited as far as plant food goes. Consider, for example, Eskimos, whose diet (and material culture) is centered around hunting marine and Arctic creatures.

Growing up, I hated peas. I could not stand them. I always assumed brusselsprouts were disgusting, even though I could not recall eating them (funny how the image of children not liking vegetables is enough to plant the seed - excuse the pun - of disgust for vegetables).

Other than that, though, I did eat my vegetables and fruits (tomatoes being an exception). As a latchkey kid, however, when it came time to prepare a meal for myself, obviously the microwave was easier to operate and as such, processed foods, typically meats, were my staple.

In college, a lot of friends were total meataholics...veggie-phobes, so to speak. Having colon cancer as an unfortunate outcome in my family, I feel that eating vegetables is an indispensable. A lot of people don't see it that way, and I have to say that many people are unnaturally averse to eating anything green.

There is so much more diversity in plant food than in meats. We do not eat every animal that comes along, we have domesticated a certain amount:

-cows
-pigs
-chickens

And to a lesser extent:

-turkeys
-goats
-sheep

Fish are more diverse with the major names being known to most:

-salmon
-tuna
-halibut
-cod
-grouper
-dolphin
-snapper
-bass
-catfish
-tilapia
-anchovies
-herring

And of course, bottom feeding shellfish and crustaceans:

-crab
-lobster
-shrimp
-oyster
-clams
-mussels
-scallops

A comparative list of vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes and grains that we eat would take up a whole page. Let's see:

-celery
-coriander / cilantro
-lettuce
-spinach
-cabbage
-kale
-collards
-dandelions
-dill
-ginger
-turmeric
-carrots
-radish
-beets
-turnips
-potatoes
-sweet potatoes
-yucca
-malanga
-onions
-shallots
-garlic
-chives
-tomatoes
-tomatillos
-peppers
-chilis
-eggplants
-beans
-greenbeans
-chickpeas
-lentils
-oats
-wheat
-barley
-sesame
-quinoa
-chia
-sunflower
-artichokes
-asparagus
-squashes
-melons
-apples
-pears
-citrus
-bananas
-papayas
-passionfruit
-mangos
-avocados
-nopales (pricklypear cactus leaf)
-corn
-cashews
-brazilnuts
-hazelnuts
-peanuts
-almonds
-walnuts

Did I miss any?

That's a pretty comprehensive list of my regular diet, seeing as how I am a partial vegan, eating cheese a couple times a week and meat/fish when the occasion calls for it (thanksgiving, for example). If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer, including the op...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Why don't you bother looking up raw meat diet and get a glimpse of the people that do adhere to such a diet and are NOT ill and NOT dead?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

I find it funny that you link to a primitive culture that fails to develop.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I would like to know what kind of meat he tested, what the conditions were that the animal in question was kept in if domestic, how it was killed and how it was processed, where its natural habitat is...etc etc...

IF his research does not include or did not consider these variables then his research is skewed. Because all of those things...make a difference.

This is the problem with most all sciences, they don't consider enough to rightfully make legitimate "claims" to any "facts". And this even counts the science that says meat is "good" for you...

However for about 20 years now I have been doing my own experimenting with meats via consumption, of all types. So far, no cancer, no ecol i, no salmonella...etc. I have a consistent 105/70 blood pressure with a 56bpm resting heart rate. I cannot remember the last time I needed to see a doctor aside of acute injury. I am about 5"9 185lbs 8% body fat. I can do pretty much any activity I want to do, even many activities some find very difficult, such as Bouldering. So as you can see, my diet which is includes meat has been nothing but beneficial to me and non-problematic. Through proper education and experience I have learned what moderation and nutrition do for the human body, meat included.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Once again, completely ignorant statement. Who do you know that lives off of raw meat with these ill effects?

I live off of raw meat. I am finally healing my body of severe health conditions. I know of at least 100 other people with very positive experiences while eating mainly raw animal foods. You are extremely misinformed. Raw animal foods are true super-foods.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
reply to post by PoorFool

I find it funny that you link to a primitive culture that fails to develop.

They've developed enough to live in an extremely harsh cold climate. I would like to see you do that.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

As someone who stopped eating meat not for the reasons of health, or even taste (although environmental health and increasingly my personal health keep me vegetarian), I have to say that the info in the OP is confusing adaptive features of our anatomy with constraints. The great apes were herbivorous, in the pleistoecene, in fact they were largely frugivores - hence no capacity to make vitamin C - before the decline of the pleistoecene forests.

We are certainly not meant to be carnivores (although there are very few true carnivores), or even eat meat to the grotesque extent that many modern humans do, but while we have the basic anatomy to be herbivorous, our history of eating meat has allowed us to lose the ability to absorb certain nutrients in our hindgut, which is where we'd get them from the symbiotic bacteria that herbivores - and us - have. We therefore have to absorb them in the foregut, which requires that we either play rabbit and eat what we poop (which would be less of a parasitism risk if we didn't eat any meat), or we have to eat animal-based foods to get these nutrients. This is why vegans are so dependant upon supplements - we have all the bacteria in place to be herbivores, but a couple of our genes, without selection pressure keeping them functional, have let us down.

So we're not supposed to be herbivores, but we're not supposed to be as carnivorous as most westerners are these days, either.

NB - for anyone who thinks they should go veg but doesn't want supplements, quite literally every vitamin the human body needs can be found in milk and honey.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If humans weren't omnivores by nature then women would still be dragged into a cave by their hair and men would be sleeping and farting most of the day away from lack of nutrition and energy. (Yeah, some still do).

For those who think that eating meat makes us unhealthy, well.. it's the crap those animals get fed and injected with that does that probably, not the basic animal.

And if one also considers that plants are living things too...is it better to eat one animal shared between many people or many plants just for one person? 1 cow V 1000's of rice plants for example. If we could hear all those little sceams it would be a different story I bet.

I also believe that vegetarianism in humans feeds an apathetic change in mentality. Just a personal observation from experience. The least caring, most greedy, most arrogant and selfish people I have ever met have been vegetarians. More than coincidence imo.

Vegetarians need Soylent Green.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by veritaslibertas

Wise words. I myself had asthma and eliminated dairy, which was the cause of the problem. I discovered raw grass-fed milk last year and can drink it with zero problems, no digestive, mucous, or allergy problems. Beef would also not agree with me, I had a hard time digesting it and would get headaches as with another one of my relatives, yet grass-fed meat gives me no problem. You can eat unhealthfully no matter what your ism is, but what makes sense is to look very closely at the origin and composition of your food, and what makes you feel healthy not some questionable study that gets put forth with a Whole Foods sponsorship.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join