It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are naturally plant-eaters

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that humans originally evolved as vegetarians, although I eat meat this is what I have come to believe.

Consider the following,

All meat eaters are predators, and therefore are born with natural weapons to help catch their pray i.e. Speed, camouflage, sharp claws, sharp teeth, bone crushing jaws....which of these do you think you have?, most humans can lose a tooth from biting into a toffee apple, predators we are not!

Humans do eat meat but do you think humans would eat raw meat i.e. before humans discovered fire did they ever eat meat, I think not!

Saliva analysis has shown that humans have the saliva characteristics of a plant eater, not a meat eater.

The truth is that humans are not designed to eat meat and therefore a diet which is excessive in meat will result in health problems.

Humans have actually damaged themselves by eating meat because our ability to extract protein from plant matter in now seriously impaired.

Yes I know men feel very masculine eating a big lump of meat but the truth is if you get a man, strip his clothes off and throw him into a jungle you will see just how pathetic the human body is in comparison to all other animals on this rock....which is why I have also come to the conclusion that there is something about humans that is not quite natural.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
there are no human beings here

reply to post by Vandalour

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Running out of arguments?

Running out of arguments?? Does anyone else understand why he said this?
I replied to someones post?

It's cheaply mass produced

Now this is just (sadly) funny. It's sad that someones mind can be fed so much BS they begin to believe that mass producing food cheaply is a BAD THING.

God forbid we stem world hunger.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Well that's the thing she doesn't like eggs like me, and she hates the soy milk, which when I went vegan I found I loved it myself, but she really won't touch either. She does eat fish and that is probably what is sustaining her right now and peanut butter, which she used to hate. I worry cause she's thin like I was at that age. So I printed her out a 6 page nutritionists' document on being a female teenage vegetarian to give her an idea what she needs to eat and how much for her age, the calories a female needs is almost twice what a male needs as a teen!

That shocked me! And I was in nursing school before! LOL!

As for me I think I would quit smoking before trying to go vegan again. It will make it much more healthy. I mean who ever heard of making a healthier diet and then reversing it with smoking. LOL!

And yes in this day and age I do feel vegetarian/vegan is a healthier diet for the so many reasons listed here, but even chemicals are in our water and our produce. However, I feel produce doesn't tend to have as much because you can clean it off and hopefully there isn't so much leeching below the skin. And there aren't any hormones in produce. So much of our chicken, beef, and pork is loaded with hormones. That is my major concern.

link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by SinkingSun

Those life-threatening diseases like cancer are caused by lifestyle. Diet is only one aspect and when we compare healthy grass-fed meats to things like soy, I am sorry you feel soy might be somewhat better for you. That's a really twisted view. Soy is many times more cancer-causing. Do you know what it does to your hormones? Do you know how important hormones are? The majority of males today are lacking testosterone and have an excess of estrogen. This has absolutely horrible effects on the body and mind.

All those little boys becoming girls aren't a result of soy. It's a diet consisting of way too much processed meat.
Are more children vegetarian or are more children choking down happy meals?

The meat Americans consume have devastating effects on hormones, and dare I say it, soy is a healthier choice if you are concerned about hormones.

Happy meal & processed meats =/= not really Meat.

On the other hand processed soy is just as bad as the former.

en.wikipedia.org...

Cholesterol and saturated fat helps produce testosterone. This is a fact.

reply to post by LUXUS

Humans DO eat raw meat. It's perfectly fine, it's already been discussed. Your conclusion does not change the facts.

We do have tools to hunt. It's called intelligence to make those tools.
edit on 22-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

link   

lol.

Actually I remember that experiment. But it was to see if you were low taster or high taster. We all get some gene. But lo, my paper was pure black. We actually took or spit, ran some tests, and put it in a machine to test it. The machine combined the gene with a watchamacallit chemical that binds to the gene. My paper read out was all black. The teacher just kind of shrugged it off like I did the test wrong. However, it was that the gene did not physically exist in me.

But yea, we all can taste bitterness. But I can't. I turns out that all those times I thought milk was bad, it was because of smell, not taste. :/

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Speak for yourself.

Maybe the majority has become incredibly weak and degenerated, but we are not so weak if we don't allow ourselves to be so.

That's just one example. You allow yourself to be "weak".
edit on 22-1-2011 by SinkingSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Well I have a background in exercise science and nutrition with more than 10+ years experience in weight training and diet.

Why does this matter? Well because to understand what "good" nutrition is you have to understand what the demands of the human body are.

I have some serious issues with the anti-omnivore and anti-meat movement because they cannot provide a decent source of protein and essential amino acids.

There is A LOT of propaganda surrounding promotions of their movement and most times the deciding factors lean more on "animal rights" than science and nutrition.

They claim meat is "bad" for you health wise and link it with "heart-disease" etc, if you are eating slabs of saturated fat bacon then yes you will find this statement true. They typically don't acknowledge the overwhelming amount of evidence concerning the "healthy" meats such as fish and the benefits of consuming clean meats. They instead focus on obvious areas of contention and point out growth hormones (which has ultimately benefited the health movement) as a reason to out meats all together.

I believe there is a true balance or moderation of meats that is health but to eliminate it all together is unwise in my experience.

I have found that a lot of the vegan movement is motivated first on animal rights and secondly on nutrition. This presents an interesting conflict of interest when there is evidence that suggests meats are very healthy when consumed appropriately. This is where vegan's in my opinion go "wrong" instead of siding on the side of science and health their ultimate decision is based on "animal rights" as if that deer you just ate wasn't going to die as food eventually and fall victim to other predators.

I have been hunting most of my life and there is nothing abusive about it. It is a process of nature that was designed the second life existed and no amount of animal rights movements will save all animals from their place in the food chain. What we don't kill and eat, something else will. I particularly think that a instant death via gunshot is better than the mauling, ripping and shredding an animal receives from their "animal" predators.

See the vegan movement has to justify their "claims" that meat is "bad" by eliminating the consumption of ALL animals, in all instances, this is actually a disservice to their movement because science/nutrition know better.

We are true omnivores because we have the capability (obviously) to kill and consume other animals not because we have canines. The structural makeup of your teeth doesn't matter when you have thumbs and can shred a fish into tuna, cut meat up into more manageable pieces with knives, so on and so forth.

The comparison of human diets to the rest of the animal kingdom is silly for the most part because we are completely different. We use tools, this was intended otherwise we wouldn't be able to make them. We don't have teeth like our carnivorous animal counterparts because we don't hunt like them, we don't have to. We don't pounce through the brush and physically attack like other predators because we have evolved passed that and can make bows.

I guess ultimately what I am asserting is that I think there are some dangerous types of meat and meat eating habits that are very unhealthy. But to base the elimination of eating meats all together on that is a fallacy.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Truth.

Even if you don't practice a vegetarian diet, it's still easy to see that we weren't designed to eat meat.
I don't think less of anyone who eats meat, only those who eat meat and ignores the facts, cheering for meat as if it were some sort of sports game. Sadly the American lifestyle breeds these kind of people.

There are many people in this thread that feel "I eat meat, therefore, I must defend it."

I've never met a group of people that get so bent up about what they eat in the face of facts concerning it's impracticality and health effects.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by LUXUS

Truth.

Even if you don't practice a vegetarian diet, it's still easy to see that we weren't designed to eat meat.
I don't think less of anyone who eats meat, only those who eat meat and ignores the facts, cheering for meat as if it were some sort of sports game. Sadly the American lifestyle breeds these kind of people.

There are many people in this thread that feel "I eat meat, therefore, I must defend it."

I've never met a group of people that get so bent up about what they eat in the face of facts concerning it's impracticality and health effects.

Oh boy... "American lifestyle"... I would like you to tell that to the Eskimos and the tribes in Africa and all throughout the world...
And if you can find me one vegan society, I will sh!t brix and eat em.

You are the one sadly ignoring the facts that we've been presenting, while giving nothing but opinions.

We meat eaters do not have to defend our choice because we're simply eating according to nature. You on the other hand are not, you're trying to change nature and reverse millions of years of evolution.

edit on 22-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Humans DO eat raw meat. It's perfectly fine, it's already been discussed. Your conclusion does not change the facts.

Put your money where your mouth is. Eat a raw chicken leg and upload it to youtube, and post it in this thread.

I'm being 100% serious.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

You realize I haven't been defending veganism, only vegetarians, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by LUXUS

Speak for yourself.

Maybe the majority has become incredibly weak and degenerated, but we are not so weak if we don't allow ourselves to be so.

That's just one example. You allow yourself to be "weak".
edit on 22-1-2011 by SinkingSun because: (no reason given)

Am if I am to speak of myself, firstly I am 6ft6 tall and around 100kg so I do quite nicely as far as humans go ;-) I still know however that most animals are better kitted-out then me though

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
All meat eaters are predators, and therefore are born with natural weapons to help catch their pray i.e. Speed, camouflage, sharp claws, sharp teeth, bone crushing jaws....which of these do you think you have?, most humans can lose a tooth from biting into a toffee apple, predators we are not!

Our natural weapon is our brain; we can plan ahead and outsmart our prey.

Humans do eat meat but do you think humans would eat raw meat i.e. before humans discovered fire did they ever eat meat, I think not!

Chimpanzees don't cook meat, why would we until we discovered how to use fire?

Saliva analysis has shown that humans have the saliva characteristics of a plant eater, not a meat eater.

Our digestive system breaks down different foods at different points. Our saliva helps begin the breakdown of starch and fat. Further on in the digestive system we have enzymes to breakdown proteins.

The truth is that humans are not designed to eat meat and therefore a diet which is excessive in meat will result in health problems.

Humans have actually damaged themselves by eating meat because our ability to extract protein from plant matter in now seriously impaired.

We don't have the digestive track of a pure herbivore. We're omnivores, plain and simple.

Yes I know men feel very masculine eating a big lump of meat but the truth is if you get a man, strip his clothes off and throw him into a jungle you will see just how pathetic the human body is in comparison to all other animals on this rock....which is why I have also come to the conclusion that there is something about humans that is not quite natural.

Except we can invent tools and clothing to overcome our environment. This is why humans have succeeded.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Those life-threatening diseases like cancer are caused by lifestyle. Diet is only one aspect and when we compare healthy grass-fed meats to things like soy, I am sorry you feel soy might be somewhat better for you. That's a really twisted view. Soy is many times more cancer-causing. Do you know what it does to your hormones? Do you know how important hormones are? The majority of males today are lacking testosterone and have an excess of estrogen. This has absolutely horrible effects on the body and mind.

All those little boys becoming girls aren't a result of soy. It's a diet consisting of way too much processed meat.
Are more children vegetarian or are more children choking down happy meals?

The meat Americans consume have devastating effects on hormones, and dare I say it, soy is a healthier choice if you are concerned about hormones.

Oh my word! Do you understand how much soy is used in prepared foods these days including meat??? There's soy in EVERYTHING. You don't need to be a vegetarian for over consumption of soy. Soy=estrogen. When I ate soy, I rarely had a period. One of my clients was complaining that her periods suddenly became irregular. I asked her if she started eating soy. She said she started eating soy protein bars. I suggested she lay off of them then see what happened. Guess what, she came to me months later, telling me avoiding the soy did the trick.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Soy fillers in processed meats:

Solae. Increasing profitability of you meat products.
edit on 22-1-2011 by kalamatas because: added text

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Santa eats raw chicken too.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You know before touting claims to evidence and facts as if you have researched this yourself (which obviously you haven't otherwise you wouldn't claim what you claim) you should realize that some of us on here are actually very educated on the facts and the real science behind this issue and can see past the agenda based facts that are "chosen" and hand picked to prove one sole point.

Facts are and do suggest meat is very healthy for us and we have been consuming it for thousands of years. Fish is a meat as fish are an animal so thus eating animals is beneficial. Because we don't have tiger teeth doesn't mean we aren't "designed" to eat meat..that is an absolute horrible conclusion or presumption to make as it is completely ignorant of the "humans place in nature". As has been said, we can construct tools that completely void the physical attributes of a "carnivore" so we don't need to have tiger teeth/claws to consume meat.

Since you as so inclined to use animals and nature to prove your point I'm sure you have noticed that most of the animals that don't eat meat, don't because they can't, because they are not equipped mentally or physically to hunt and consume as predators. Humans however are, and we do, and were the most successful at it. We are top of the food chain because we can eat whatever the hell we want and we do.

Now because society has breed a very unnatural way of consuming all forms of food doesn't mean we weren't supposed to be consuming. It means our society and social tendencies to eat are unhealthy.

This is where vegans and vegetarian movements go wrong, they try desperately to link the problems of unhealthy eating habits to the foods being unhealthy, which is absolutely not the case. You can over do it on anything, even the plants,vegetables,fruits claimed to be the "only thing we should be eating", try eating nothing but carrots for every meal and see how you start to feel...

Yet the omnivores of the world aren't starting crusades against vegetables and fruits because they can hurt you in excess...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just wanted to add this youtube clip... and im out... no reason to discuss this with you meat lovers, you allready made up your mind, but feel free to watch

Celebrated Cornell University professor T. Colin Campbell Phd, presents the overwhelming evidence showing that animal protein is one of the most potent carcinogens people are exposed to.

Animal Protein -- Meat and Dairy -- Cause Cancer

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join