It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of College Fraternity Secrets Threads

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
SImon i see wher eyou are comming from man. BUt honestly i think i would have tried to push it. From what ive read and seen they have a weak case as best. Its a tough call to make. Its over so why worry bout it we must respect your decision. But do u know any lawers as friends to look over this just in case. Because id hate to have something really intersting and then be asked to take it down and be ill-prepared for a impending legal issue.

Well thats my 2cents but ur the BOSS so

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
As a n00b (yeah I know) to ATS I am surprised. However as someone that has also been to the bar (sued) for foundless reasons I can also say it still costs money.

ATS is most likely not a deep pocket organization. Although this appears to me to be a tremendous place for sharing information and developing ideas the "aman at the wheel" makes the ultimate decisions. I full well know that if I don't like the decisions i can be on my way.

I have decided to stay awhile

*side note- cool features! I used the word n 0 0 b and the program automatically inserted new user ! Props to the board

[edit on 13-8-2004 by PublicGadfly]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
it's petty that this should happen. people get bent out of shape of the least important things. get some skin, we arn't going to take your rituals, they're just intresting. it's better that you took them down though, it's not worth it, people sue over the worst things

_df

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It doesn't matter anymore. There is a forum you can join to talk about greek issues. It can be found at

See you there.

[edit on 9/3/04 by slickwilly95991]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Jesus.H. I've been away a while and although the new graphics look cool, the mood has changed somewhat. I feel cheated. Some people try to peddle lies through smoke and mirrors, create myths from odd scraps, others try to hide genuinely worrying connections by debunking all conspiracy theorists as whacky losers, but some try faithfully to look at all the facts and arrive at a place where common sense prevails.
This place was meant to be for all of those people, to feed off each other. The story tellers need listeners and researchers need titbits of truth hidden in the stories.

By pandering to a bunch of jumped up power crazed middle Americans, the management has made it clear where their priorities lie.
So should anyone publish any oustandingly accurate theories in the future, you can be sure they will be removed before you can say national security.

How can we Deny Ignorance when the ignorant can reach out and shut us down ?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
am I the only one who is curious as to which frat complained? Simon, if you cant post it feel free to u2u me. I promise to keep it a "secret" as long as it doesnt get me sued!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If all the college threads have been removed why are there still some here?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hey I'm glad they took off the Sigma Chi challenge. But it was wrong if that is any consolation. I love how people just think they know all sorts of stuff and then ignorantly post it on the internet. You are right about posting those things though, it is wrong. As for the guy, Mirthful Me, who thinks he is way to cool for fraternities...you aren't. My fraternity wouldn't take you cause you are so feeble minded. I hope you got your chuckles by talking about fraternity S&M. Do you even know if all fraternities paddle? I guess not. You are the stereotypical GDI.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Hi guys, another newbie here.

I am from the great land of oz, and I never attended Uni here. I don't think they have Fraternities as such though.

Basically I am wondering, if someone is able to post, what fraternities stand for? What does it mean to an individual to be part of it? I mean there are probably tons of them, and not that I am keen to join, but I am interested in the want/need for peopel to belong to one.

What is it all about?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'll bet it was Sigma Chi that complained. Their nationals is more powerful than that of any other college fraternity I know of.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I'll just have to see how this plays out, the beer drinking frat boys are worried about the world knowing that they dress up funny, and paddle each other (a little light S&M between consenting adults is O.K. by me), but the Freemasons, bent on world domination, have never lifted a legal finger to subvert anything that has been portrayed (factual or not) on ATS. The silence is deafening, Guess I'll have to stick to charities and community service... darn, the whole world domination thing was kind of appealing to me.

I find your sig.very interesting,do you do any other fancy tricks......like trying to sit on your post!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I understand that they have a right to protect their secrets to a point but do they really have that much going on in those FRAT houses that we can't know about?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
well i really dont think you should worry about it that much. There have been many books written on them and i would not worry about it if i was you because if it where to go to legal problems then most of there story would be out in the open then just the small group that read the stuff on here i would just recomend that you put it back because if it does to go the court as i said before it will be a open court case and you will beable on the stand to read what is said

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As a newbie here, I thought I had found an amazing site that was pretty much open to talk about whatever you wanted to talk about. But removing a thread because someone showed up or gave you a call is weak.

I agree that I now have doubt about all information that remains on ATS. But entertaining know the less.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
We are on a board called... Above TOP SECRET...

There was a thread about ... College fraternities
And it has been removed because of complaints. Were I one of the members of those fraternities, explaining what goes on in there, would it be illegal to do so?

Change your forum name to Chicken propaganda, you cowards... I expected better...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am a "******" myself and I also think the fraternity had no legal authority over the information posted. But I also respect Simon's decision to remove the "great and powerful secrets." I personally think it is a joke and would much rather see ATS's assets spent on other projects. Like what are the Scientologists, Urantians and Raelians reeeeeeally up to?!!?!?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Mephorium]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Dang. Too bad I'm a newbie. It seems like I've missed a lot of interesting things.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
[edit on 29-11-2004 by numberII]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It doesnt matter what simon did months ago. why don't we talk about something interesting instead of complain about simon.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. There is not a shred of a legal claim for removing threads exposing the idiotic practices or the teenage mindset of college fraternities.

[edit on 31-12-2004 by krotzkrotz]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join