It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to be prosecuted for inciting violence if she visits Australia, attorney says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Not a Palin fan but this is simply just absurd rhetoric. All the attention she is getting for comments related to the AZ shooting and Assange is simply a pre-emptive strike to try and derail any attempt to run for the presidency in 2012. It won't work! Politicians from both parties have made all kinds of similar remarks as Palin including Obama so it is really quit comical how she is being singled out. They must really be afraid of her which is even more comical since it doesn't matter who is elected as the PTB agenda continues to march full steam ahead no matter who gets in.

It does however become a nice tool for reinforcing the left right paradigm and keeping people in the illusion the really have a choice. I'd say things are continuing to work out quit nicely for TPTB...

edit on 21-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11

Originally posted by Skippy1138
I fail to see how a foreign government can prosecute an American citizen for a supposed "crime" that didn't even occur on their soil.....

They can't, and they won't even if she does go there.....

It's just a ploy by someone who hates her for no apparent reason.

The same could be said of Assange. he committed no crime. If he did, it wasn't on US soil, thus not punishable under US law. Fair logic huh?

I think the take away lesson here is that he did nothing wrong. Not anymore than Palin, Huckabee, O'Reilly, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Perfect... People can take their arguments now about the US not having any jurisdiction because Assanges actions occured outside the political boundries of the United States. Since Palins statements were made while in US territory, and Austrailia thinks they canb assert jurisdictions if she comes to Austrailia, they have opened the door under current treaties for the reciprocal to occur.

Makes extradition a whole lot easier.

Or maybe this is just another way to keep Assange in the media light by playing off the outrage of the shooting.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I don't know........... it sounds like you thought you knew an awful lot about her and had an opinion?? I could have read wrong and lol, hey may I wrote this, but it does have your name by it...

You say she's not experienced? compared to who? Everything she has been doing since she left office has been to get her become a better politician and to educate her..... If you think she's uneducated or inexperienced I could imagine how much hatred you'd have for Obama considering his experience pales in comparison to hers...

Would I be right in those assumptions?

This will be my last reply to this nonsense, and the only reason I am posting is so that you don't go around feeling vindicated.

I do have an opinion about her, personally I think she's an idiot who served I believe 2 terms as mayor of Wasilla and half a term as governor. In those two years, did she have some accomplishments, yes, she also had quite a ethics violations. The state of these violations and there number is not clear to me at this point because there is a lot of conflicting data, none of which you brought to table.

Since leaving office, she left office in '09, she didn't leave office to run with McCain, she took some sort of leave of absence for that. She either left because she was having a bit of trouble, or the more likely choice to pursue more money. Which good for her, if I could make that kind of money I would, but it doesn't look good when you quit your political job to aspire to be federal politician.

You say that everything she's been doing is to make her a better politician and educate her. I would largely disagree with that, she did some light traveling for speaking engagements which were quasi political and more of a bash the administration without any REAL alternative plan. Smaller government, I agree with that. But how will Sarah actually accomplish this.......crickets. Most of her "work" has been personal, she went on a book tour to promote her book and filmed a reality show. How do those assist her is being a potential future leader?

It is you that is trying to turn this into a conservative/liberal debate, not me. I don't care too much for Obama and I didn't vote for him either. However, with regard to experience he is more experienced than she. She was a t.v. sportscaster (degree in journalism), a 2 term mayor in a town of approx. 6,000, and a half term governor.
Obama graduated Harvard Law and worked as a lawyer in Chicago, before becoming a state senator (one term, I believe), then a state senator. While I may not believe that he had as much experience as let's say McCain, he is far from an idiot, and does have at least some experience at the federal level before becoming POTUS.

Hopefully, I've cleared up your concerns and you won't need to make anymore assumptions, because quite honestly I'm tired of being the one providing you facts, others have brought facts, you however have brought none, and I'm done explaining why I dislike Palin.

This thread is about Australia the potential to bring her up on charges in Australia. If you would like to discuss that then fine, may I suggest you finally read the article though, as you have yet to discuss the actual topic at hand.
edit on 21-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by searching4truth because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Yeah I grow tired of this thread as well...........

First this was about whether or not she said things that were inciting violence...... I asked for proof she said things that incited violence and that was dissimilar to what other prominent people have said.......

I have yet to receive proof from anyone on here.............................. which is proof in of itself.

Second, Going to Law school are not good credentials for Leader of the Free World. Neither is a community organizer or spending half his time in the senate voting "present" and most of it campaigning.

Palin's experience as governor far outweighs Obama's political experience. She ran a state, he voted "present." No one debates that, really, no one debates that. Also, he had no federal experience, a state senator is a "state" senator, he had no federal experience like Palin does.

You don't find it ironic that all these ethics charges came out after she jumped on McCain's boat? Do you not find it funny that nothing has come of those? The irony is soooooo deep it's amazing that some people still hold on to that even when they've been dropped. She has several more years experience as a politician than he does.

And, alas..... I don't need to provide proof because I know there is none. It's the people who commented on here about the topic who agreed that she is responsible and that she should be prosecuted that bear the burden of proof.

All I asked for was that proof........ as stated above, to this post, I have still not received any. Isn't that just amazing?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Mrs. Palin is not a "government official". She used to be the Governor of Alaska. She is a private citizen now.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Peoples opinions on US law globally are certainly relevant, if you're not aware, what the leaders of your country do and say greatly effect the world in which WE live. I think what you said is intolerant and ignorant, people are constantly subjected to the US, why shouldnt the US be subjected to others??? We are forced to live in the world which YOUR government seems to mold, so sorry mate, but foreign opinions are VERY valuable.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
reply to post by Aggie Man

Really, why would someone like Palin who lives in beautiful
Alaska want to be in a dirty, desert, a flooded land with Kangaroos.
Whoopie ding SIR, Australia is nothing to envy.

ahaha this must be a joke, dirty? They call Australia the lucky country, it is incredibly beautiful, lovely weather all year round, miles and miles of white sanded beaches and clear waters, an abundance of land, huge forests, one of the most geographically diverse countries on this planet.

Australia nothing to envy compared to Alaska?? This comment is utterly ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Just a friendly reminder...

...that civility and decorum are the cornerstone of the ATS community. It is possible to discuss this topic without resorting to personal attacks and ad hominem smack talk. In fact, the Staff insists upon it.

Adherence to this simple request is expected. Consider this a fair warning.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

PFTTT dont make me laugh please.

Do you expect me to believe that Palin was the person responsible for this? Yes, it may have helped the small timers in alaska a little, but the corporations wanted to get into that OIL. and what big oil wants, big oil gets.

LOLOL You really think a republican getting an oil deal to go through is exceptional or sets her apart?
Heres the deal, it doesnt matter who was governor, this would have happened either way b/c thats what big oil wanted. And dont think she didnt get anything out of the deal either. You pro palin people are sooo naive in your ways because you think we are all simple minded folk like you who still believe in the left/right paradigm.

TLDR- You insanely pro-palin people are more than likely here to defend her for reasons beyond personal, as shown by your vapid devotion to someone who is clearly not qualified to run the country. And neither in Obama IMO. You people are caught up in the circus fairy tale run by the MSM for still believing the right/left paradigm, or your here solely to defend Palin.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

In many ways I think you're absolutely spot on, she is clearly not capable of running the country, she is supremely qualified to run that mouth of hers though, amen.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Looks like just another way to use the court systems to trample free speech.

I am sure everyone is gung-ho though about it.

People hate free speech and other opinions so much these days they will go to any length to silence it.

I don't like Palin and I think it's stupid to execute a journalist for telling the truth.
But I also find it equally as stupid to put someone in jail for their opinions.

Wait a minute?
Because they are mad that Assange is in jail for his voice, they want to jail even more people for their voice?

Sounds like a crack down on freedom of speech. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Honestly, while everyone fights Right vs Left....

I am losing my freedoms. Both sides of this want to restrict freedom as a consequence of their measures to defeat their opposition party.

So I blame both the left and the right for ruining everything.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Took the words right out of my mouth....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is as ridiculous as Assange being extradited to the US for "treason"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Please! Please! Please! Do us all a favor, prosecute her, put her in jail and throw away the keys!!!! I'm tired of hearing and seeing her every time I change TV channels.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Please! Please! Please! Do us all a favor, prosecute her, put her in jail and throw away the keys!!!! I'm tired of hearing and seeing her every time I change TV channels.

Instead of putting people you don't like in jail....

How about we turn the TV off and start thinking for ourselves?

Yeah, that's the ticket.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

reply to post by searching4truth

Yeah I grow tired of this thread as well...........

First this was about whether or not she said things that were inciting violence...... I asked for proof she said things that incited violence and that was dissimilar to what other prominent people have said.......

I have yet to receive proof from anyone on here.............................. which is proof in of itself.

Second, Going to Law school are not good credentials for Leader of the Free World. Neither is a community organizer or spending half his time in the senate voting "present" and most of it campaigning.

Palin's experience as governor far outweighs Obama's political experience. She ran a state, he voted "present." No one debates that, really, no one debates that. Also, he had no federal experience, a state senator is a "state" senator, he had no federal experience like Palin does.

You don't find it ironic that all these ethics charges came out after she jumped on McCain's boat? Do you not find it funny that nothing has come of those? The irony is soooooo deep it's amazing that some people still hold on to that even when they've been dropped. She has several more years experience as a politician than he does.

And, alas..... I don't need to provide proof because I know there is none. It's the people who commented on here about the topic who agreed that she is responsible and that she should be prosecuted that bear the burden of proof.

All I asked for was that proof........ as stated above, to this post, I have still not received any. Isn't that just amazing?

Why oh why can I just resist to reply

For the thousandth time it is POTENTIALLY the country of Australia that would bring these charges, they would have to cite which specific language, most likely the quote I gave you on page one that you refused to acknowledge you were incorrect about, ignoring it doesn't make it go away. Is it something they could even prosecute for, I don't know I'm not too hip on Australian law, but I'm 100% sure she can't be extradited for it.

Law school is a heck of a lot better preparation for POTUS than journalism, but whatever Reagan was an actor but he had an econ degree, also beneficial.

Small correction there, he did have federal experience, he was the Illinois Senator in D.C., not just at the state level. So that's two terms in the state senate and one in at the fed.

No I don't find it ironic, because Alaska is a republican state why would I find it ironic? Committing a crime or violation of office occurs by people in all parties.

Again, it is up to Australia and being I don't have an indictment in front of me all I can refer you to is my post on page one and what his lawyer has said thus far.

Not surprising you don't feel the need to present any proof now, you haven't for four pages.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join