It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to be prosecuted for inciting violence if she visits Australia, attorney says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

um.....I so hate to point this out, but finishing school teaches etiquette not fact based information. Unless we are discussing which is the salad fork or how to accept an invitation from a gentlemen caller.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Also, as far as I know she has 19 different ethics charges against her.
www.newsmax.com...[/url]

30 seconds on Google shows that 14 of the alleged 19 ethics charges you mention have been dismissed. I would think that if there were more of these charges, someone would be attempting to use them against her. The above link is to the article concerning the dismissal of ethics charges.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Mannie159 because: repair link

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mannie159

Also, as far as I know she has 19 different ethics charges against her.
www.newsmax.com... d/2009/06/08/id/330768

30 seconds on Google shows that 14 of the alleged 19 ethics charges you mention have been dismissed. I would think that if there were more of these charges, someone would be attempting to use them against her. The above link is to the article concerning the dismissal of ethics charges.

Seems we are getting off topic, but I will respond at risk of being censored...

So, 5 ethics charges sticking is no big deal?

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Didn't say they stuck, just that if they are still out there I would think someone would be using them against her.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mannie159

AGain............. YOu're pointing out facts......... and these people who dislike Palin don't need facts.. they just need the MSM to give them the information they want them to think.....

I STILL FIND IT AMAZING THAT I HAVE YET HEAR.............. comments that are inciting violence that are unlike any other politician....... It's truly amazing!

Also, none of these people have said anything to back up why they hate Palin so much except that they don't like her........

All symptoms of the disease called liberalism.....all sheeple........and none without a bit of substance to back their reason....(oh wait, someone heard of 19 ethics charges that were filed as soon as she started running as vice and soon started becoming nationally known) coincidence??? no it couldn't be. LOL

Still waiting for facts people, still waiting for substantive reasons..... why do I even ask? LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

edit: it just came up for me. brb

I looked for a little over 30 seconds and only found articles saying they were adding charges in 2009.

If you could either repost the link or have a different article I'd appreciate it.

I googled Sarah Palin ethics violations and sarah palin ethics violations dropped to no avail.

edit on 21-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I repaired the link, it is working now.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
First I do not believe this will go anywhere.
Second even if australia does this all Palin has to do is
not go there. Look at roman polansky a old grown man
he had sex with a little child. He just stayed in sweeden
they could not extradite him.
Third Palin for sure would get sanctuary in the states.
This is just a pipe dream.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
Second even if australia does this all Palin has to do is
not go there.

That is a luxury Australia has that I envy.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Really, why would someone like Palin who lives in beautiful
Alaska want to be in a dirty, desert, a flooded land with Kangaroos.
Whoopie ding SIR, Australia is nothing to envy.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Well, the article you posted is dated Jun 8 2009 it states she had been cleared of 14 of 14 charges.

However, www.guardian.co.uk... dated July 22 2009 says there are 19 ethics complaints/charges.

This, www.adn.com... date 4/29/10 says they are still investigating, but the article only goes into detail on one charge.

This www.telegraph.co.uk... shows she was cleared in troopergate, but even the finding, to me, did not seem to speak highly of her.

I will concede that currently I have no idea how many violations she faces as I can't seem to find a clear consensus.

Edit: clear and current consensus
edit on 21-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

Really, why would someone like Palin who lives in beautiful
Alaska want to be in a dirty, desert, a flooded land with Kangaroos.
Whoopie ding SIR, Australia is nothing to envy.

Maybe not, but I can always envy the fact that she will never litter your country with her physical presence.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Well, the article you posted is dated Jun 8 2009 it states she had been cleared of 14 of 14 charges.

However, www.guardian.co.uk... dated July 22 2009 says there are 19 ethics complaints/charges.

This, www.adn.com... date 4/29/10 says they are still investigating, but the article only goes into detail on one charge.

This www.telegraph.co.uk... shows she was cleared in troopergate, but even the finding, to me, did not seem to speak highly of her.

I will concede that currently I have no idea how many violations she faces as I can't seem to find a clear consensus.

Oh but you're sure of one thing........ that she's an awful bad evil woman and blah blah blah.... you actually sitting there trying to find a reason to back your opinion........ yet still can't name one thing. I am so AMAZED!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicorette
If Australian lawyers could randomly prosecute citizens of another country for the things they said, that would simply be ridiculous.

There’s the relevant detail that she would have to enter Australia. I doubt the offense this lawyer is accusing her of is an extraditable offense. Personally I believe that, even assuming that she could be prosecuted, which I highly doubt, that she shouldn’t be.

But I would like to take this time to ask all of those that have been advocating that the US can prosecute Assange, if they are going to stay true to that principle and defend the right of the Australians to prosecute Sarah Palin.

What? No one?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

finding facts to support one's opinion, or rather to formulate an opinion is called educated

spouting off nonsense, with no factual basis, and insults is called ignorance

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
After reading most of the first page of replies, it's fairly clear that some replies were so abruptly knee jerk defending Palin for what they thought the story was about... they didn't even read through before posting.

The story isn't about Palin inciting Arizona shooting etc.

It's about Palin implying Assange be executed or assassinated for leaking private US. State Dept. communications.

Others have come right out and claimed that Assange should be executed... For treason? Against whom? LOL

What a bunch of blockheads. They expose their (handlers) severe hatred. Fail all the way around.

edit on 1·21·11 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by 11PB11

Oh dear, I don't dislike her because I am uninformed, I dislike her because I am informed. I have known of and paid attention to Palin because I have family in Alaska and they would send me little bits about her when she was governor and when McCain selected the informative emails increased.

If people like her on personal level, good for them. But the fact remains she is a highly inexperienced politician. I would have had far more respect for her as a political figure if she actually was one, if she ran for Congress this past term, or tried to be reelected as governor. But she hasn't done anything that would better educate her in politics and the political process.

Now, as a motivational speaker or reality show person or news commentator she would do very well but none of those things make a POTUS.

I don't know........... it sounds like you thought you knew an awful lot about her and had an opinion?? I could have read wrong and lol, hey may I wrote this, but it does have your name by it...

You say she's not experienced? compared to who? Everything she has been doing since she left office has been to get her become a better politician and to educate her..... If you think she's uneducated or inexperienced I could imagine how much hatred you'd have for Obama considering his experience pales in comparison to hers...

Would I be right in those assumptions?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I fail to see how a foreign government can prosecute an American citizen for a supposed "crime" that didn't even occur on their soil.....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
I fail to see how a foreign government can prosecute an American citizen for a supposed "crime" that didn't even occur on their soil.....

They can't, and they won't even if she does go there.....

It's just a ploy by someone who hates her for no apparent reason. But by saying it, it reinforces the idea to sheeple in America that she actually had something to do with it, and they believe it further. The sheep, the sheep!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join