It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to be prosecuted for inciting violence if she visits Australia, attorney says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Oh dear, I don't dislike her because I am uninformed, I dislike her because I am informed. I have known of and paid attention to Palin because I have family in Alaska and they would send me little bits about her when she was governor and when McCain selected the informative emails increased.

If people like her on personal level, good for them. But the fact remains she is a highly inexperienced politician. I would have had far more respect for her as a political figure if she actually was one, if she ran for Congress this past term, or tried to be reelected as governor. But she hasn't done anything that would better educate her in politics and the political process.

Now, as a motivational speaker or reality show person or news commentator she would do very well but none of those things make a POTUS.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
yeah this is a non-issue. Are they ( the MSM) still citing her "targets" advertisement as their basis of argument? Funny how the same opposing party did the same thing, so should the entire DNC be put behind bars as well?
This entire issue with Sarah Palin is a distraction tool, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11

You all are doing a very good job of showing examples of why the American people are becoming dumber and dumber........ You site an article and use someone else's summation of there interpretation and pretend that's what she said................. LOL!!!!!!!!!! i'm embarrassed for you.

So, your denying that she wrote that on her facebook page? Here is a link to what she says is an exact quote:

He is an anti-American operative with blood on his hands. His past posting of classified documents revealed the identity of more than 100 Afghan sources to the Taliban. Why was he not pursued with the same urgency we pursue al Qaeda and Taliban leaders? Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

I really don't see a gross misquoting there.

I cited the exact article that we are discussing, on the off chance that oh I don't know perhaps someone didn't read, I don't know why but it has been known to happen.

I'm embarrassed too, next time you want to insult someone and say I misquoted her perhaps you should cite the actual quote. Just saying, it's a good thing to provide context.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have no interest or care for Sarah Palin, but this is theatrical grandstanding, only an attempt to win points in his own country.

If Australian lawyers could randomly prosecute citizens of another country for the things they said, that would simply be ridiculous.

I might as well file charges against this guy in Scandinavia, because he offended me with his stupidity.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Anyone who endangers the lives of our soldiers does have blood on their hands......... if you don't understand that, i'm very sorry because that means there's much more you don't understand.

Which would also explain most of what you have commented so far.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Anyone who thinks she has said anything to incite violence might as well turn in your constitution card right now.

What certain people are missing.......... you could pretend any comment has lead to violence if you wanted to...

It's a shame that Australia has such limited speech rights....... a real shame.... or is this just some weird liberal over there?

Liberals "over there" are the right wingers.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Exactly, IF and that's a big IF they actually went through with it, and it's not just hot air from Assange's lawyers mouth, it is nothing more than a tactic to prevent Assange's extradition. They'll give back Palin if we give back Assange.

Honestly, I seriously doubt a judge would ever issue the warrant anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

If someone can be arrested for expressing a simple opinion of this sort then you live in a totalitarian nation I'm afraid. She is not inciting any violence at all, but questioning why the State treats Assange with kid gloves given the damage that he has done.

Palin has not called for violence against anyone as far as I can tell. Moreover contrary to a prior poster she was an amazing governor of Alaska. Some of her accomplishments:

1- Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor’s office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican’s “Corrupt Bastards Club” (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing “la la la la” (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar. But while you’re thinking, I’ll continue.

2- Now with the CBC gone, there were fewer Alaskan politicians to protect the huge, giant oil companies here. So, she constructed and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called “ACES”. Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested and Sarah told them “don’t let the door hit you in the stern on your way out.” They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line. Again, give me the name of any other governor in the country that has done anything similar.

3- The other thing she did when she walked into the governor’s office is she got the list of State requests for federal funding for projects, known as “pork”. She went through the list, took 85% of them and placed them in the “when-hell-freezes-over” stack. She let locals know that if we need something built, we’ll pay for it ourselves. Maybe she figured she could use the money she got from selling the previous governor’s jet because it was extravagant. Maybe she could use the money she saved by dismissing the governor’s cook (remarking that she could cook for her own family), giving back the State vehicle issued to her, maintaining that she already had a car, and dismissing her State provided security force (never mentioning—I imagine—that she’s packing heat herself). I’m still waiting to hear the names of those other governors.

4- Now, even with her much-ridiculed “gosh and golly” mannerism, she also managed to put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it although they tried. If that doesn’t impress you, then you’re trying too hard to be unimpressed while watching her do things like this while baking up a batch of brownies with her other hand.

5- For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn’t start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. This summer, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

6- President Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewables by 2025. We are already at 25%. I can give you more specifics about things done, as opposed to style and persona . Everybody wants to be cool, sound cool, look cool. But that’s just a cover-up. I’m still waiting to hear from liberals the names of other governors who can match what mine has done in two and a half years. I won’t be holding my breath.

www.freerepublic.com...

Many of these achievements should please the left, but the powers that be have put on the full brainwashing campaign to discredit her, and like the sheep that they are they follow the programming.

edit on 21-1-2011 by SevenThunders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I dont know why we even listen to foreigners on this site anyways? When it comes to US law, any outside statements or opinions are moot.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Anyone who thinks she has said anything to incite violence might as well turn in your constitution card right now.

What certain people are missing.......... you could pretend any comment has lead to violence if you wanted to...

It's a shame that Australia has such limited speech rights....... a real shame.... or is this just some weird liberal over there?

Liberals "over there" are the right wingers.

Is that so? In most developing countries and authoritarian, liberalism refers to becoming more free...... but in the US and most developed countries it means different..... I thought Australia was the same? either way, my question was understood.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
She would freeze to death in Antarctica before she allowed them to prosecute her.

(obvious, or not so obvious knock on Palin's geography skills)

Seriously, I don't see a problem with her being brought up on charges. Even if it goes nowhere, at least she may get a take away lesson...free speech doesn't mean no cost.

Free speech also doesn't place responsibility on someone for the actions of idiots.If it did Obama would be facing charges.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Anyone who endangers the lives of our soldiers does have blood on their hands......... if you don't understand that, i'm very sorry because that means there's much more you don't understand.

Which would also explain most of what you have commented so far.

Name a single person who was killed? The government hasn't even been able to prove that, they moved people around because they feared the possibility, but they have not said that anyone anywhere has died because of the leak. At most the government is highly embarrassed.

So, I pointed out the error in your previous opinionated post with her exact quote, but I'm still the uniformed one. How about supporting anything you say? Oh, I guess I'm supposed to make a generalized assumption about your mental status now. Well, I'll pass and await your proof.

edit on 21-1-2011 by searching4truth because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

He should be facing charges anyways....Obama that is~

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

lol you are such a troll. but I will take a stab, since your so pro palin.

Why do you like sarah palin so much? what amazing policies of hers impress you so much? What major things has she done for this country that sets her apart?

Aside from the fact she quit her job as governor early, was using a non official email account for email business, likes to shoot animals for sport, uses her clout to attack people who go against her, or be a complete hypocrite at times.

no but seriously, what policy or major thing has she done that so impresses you?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by Aggie Man
She would freeze to death in Antarctica before she allowed them to prosecute her.

(obvious, or not so obvious knock on Palin's geography skills)

Seriously, I don't see a problem with her being brought up on charges. Even if it goes nowhere, at least she may get a take away lesson...free speech doesn't mean no cost.

Free speech also doesn't place responsibility on someone for the actions of idiots.If it did Obama would be facing charges.

Let's ask Charles Manson about that.

Ever heard of the joint-responsibility doctrine?

Edit to clarify that I am not comparing Palin to Manson. What I am pointing out is that an individual can be held accountable for speech that is acted upon by others.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Hmm.....I'm not a big Sarah fan, but it took all of 15 seconds to answer your question about her accomplishments.

AGIA License bill signed August 27, 2008 House Bill 3001 for awarding a contract to TransCanada Alaska for developing and building a pipeline stretching for 1,715 miles from the Prudhoe Bay treatment plant to Alberta Canada. Natives of Alaska have dreamed of a pipeline for more than 30 years. Sarah Palin in less than two years got the bill passed and the framework is now laid for them to move forward with the project. Governor Palin said. “This legislation brings us closer than we’ve ever been to building a gas pipeline and finally accessing our gas that has been languishing for so many decades on the North Slope.” More than 36,000 miles of pipeline is now operated by TransCanada Corporation in North America. They have built many pipelines also and are appreciative of the Governor's suport. Sarah Palin and Family Energy Package signed August 25, 2008. House Bill 4001 and Senate bill 4002 were signed into law by Governor Palin on August 25, 2008. SB 4002 pays $1,200 to each resident who qualifies. The money for these payments comes from the state's natural resource revenue. This bill also suspends the state's tax on gasoline. “Alaskans who signed up for direct deposit will see these funds on September 12, along with their dividend,” said Governor Palin. “In rural Alaska, particularly, many people are facing a choice between feeding their families and heating their homes, and they could use this payment from the state's energy-generated surplus to cover some of those bills.” She also signed a proclamation declaring September to be energy efficiency month in Alaska. She encourages residents to use energy more efficiently during this month. Administrative Order 242 signed August 20, 2008. This order puts together a co-op of the Department of Natural Resources and the Department of Revenue to work with organizations who wish to commercialize Alaska's North Slope natural gas. "This solidifies our commitment to facilitating an LNG project that is a product of market interest,” Governor Palin said. “By committing both project capital and natural gas resources to a pipeline that would transport North Slope natural gas to tidewater, an LNG project can remain an integral element of the state’s effort to deliver Alaska’s gas to market" The Order encourages the departments to support any who are pursuing development of natural gas projects which are liquefiable and economic. A copy of this order is available here. WESTWIND II The jet was purchased on payments by the former governor as a person would buy an automobile. Payments of $62,492.79 were made quarterly. New information that was pointed out to me indicates that the jet didn't actually sell on Ebay. I apologize for the misinformation. It was sold to a businessman from Valdez named Larry Reynolds, who paid $2.1 million for the jet, shy of the original $2.7 million purchase price, according to contemporaneous news reports, including a story in the New York Times. Resource of information

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

If someone can be arrested for expressing a simple opinion of this sort then you live in a totalitarian nation I'm afraid. She is not inciting any violence at all, but questioning why the State treats Assange with kid gloves given the damage that he has done.

Palin has not called for violence against anyone as far as I can tell. Moreover contrary to a prior poster she was an amazing governor of Alaska.

Many of these achievements should please the left, but the powers that be have put on the full brainwashing campaign to discredit her, and like the sheep that they are they follow the programming.

You are aware that the potential charges would be filed in Australia, IF they are even filed, right. No, Australia is not a totalitarian regime, but they do have strict laws for hate speech and incitement of violence, it is not up to me to determine what they deem as speech worthy of legal action, they have their own laws.

Amazing is a bit of a stretch, I'm didn't say she wasn't able to things accomplished, although I would question those oil accomplishments as in October it was realized that there is 90% less oil under ground than they thought, oops. I'm not saying she personally conducted the survey wrong, obviously that was someone else, but now they just don't have as much money as they thought they did.

My assessment of her as governor comes from people that actually live in Alaska. Granted I'm sure there were some people really liked her, I just didn't meet any. Also, as far as I know she has 19 different ethics charges against her. Again, makes my view of her less than amazing.

I don't need the media to tell me what to think about her, until the AZ situation she hadn't been able to shut up. She gave more than enough information from her own mouth, for me to form an opinion of her.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join