It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the end is near....would you really want to know ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Quite a paradox of a society we have set up then don't we? I mean, If the things everyone enjoys rely on people essentially doing things they don't enjoy almost defeats the purpose?

Kind of like a bunch of junkies chasing around their next high searching through trash bins, whoring themselves out and subjecting themselves to undesirable circumstances just to afford or attain the next joyous high whatever that is. The parallels between a functional society and a dysfunctional drug addict are pretty astounding.

I honestly dream of a world where everyone can simply take care of themselves and provide their own "high" in life without having to result to taking from others, doing for others, enslaving themselves, relying, or being dependent on others. Sadly I know how incredibly improbable that is of ever becoming a reality.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

You have no idea how much I agree with you on that. The societies of the world are a mirror of what someone hooked on drugs goes through. We participate in them because we are addicted to the "highs" they afford us and we cannot imagine a life without the luxurious crack coc aine were subjected to.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Absolutely yes, I would want to know if "the end is near." ...The argument for keeping the general population ignorant is to prevent panic and riot - and no, I don't want to have to deal with that stuff. But I don't think it needs to be an either/or proposition.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
yeah i would want to know the end is near and what would be causeing it

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Our lives turn on a dime, before the end of the world as we know it your life, my life could end. Live like your dying, cause from the minute your born, you are.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Oops, sorry Mr Sky1one I am afraid the scientists got it wrong and the world will not not be ending after all!

Mm, would that then cause you a problem?

I think that possibly I would not want to know, but perhaps if someone tells me then I can decide whether I want to know or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

I would DEFINITELY go running with scissors.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join