Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Attention All Sun gazers: You Are Doing It Wrong!!! Avoid the Blindness Inducing Error.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this.
I don't usually get too jumpy about spiritual practices people use, but this one just gets me seriously mad. The stupidity in doing something like this is outrageous. There's no safe way to stare at the sun with naked eyes, no matter the hour of the day. Damage will be done after just a few seconds of direct exposure. Dont worry though, in your case, the damage most likely won't be permanent. May take a while to heal though.

Oh, and light in the visible spectrum can be harmful too, best to remember that before pointing a laser into someones eyes...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryom

I have been doing it for more than a year now (not every day, and in the winter weeks can go by without my doing it), so I must have done it close to 100 times, and have never experienced any discomfort, let alone damage. In fact, I would say my astigmatism, which I've had since childhood, has diminished.
I stare directly at the rising/setting sun, but with eyes relaxed (this is very important), for up to 10 minutes at a time. (I could go on, but life usually interferes.)
I've also done it with pinhole glasses. Again, no damage but a very very nice feeling and, quite possibly, some benefits.

I am not expressly "recommending" it to anyone, but I think after more than a year any damage would be pretty obvious, if you forgive the pun. Certainly I will keep doing it.

P.S. BTW, Isaac Newton himself did it. See what he has to say about it. It's mentioned in one of his letters.

edit on 19-4-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-4-2014 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join