It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cannot be President Because Hawaii Not a State of the Union

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

How amusing in a failed logic sense of the word.

just because a sizeable amount of people that live in the United States don't vote, it doesn't mean they automatically cast their vote into the "No Confidence" bin. Some of those people you are counting are under the age of 18 and therefore cannot vote, some of those people you are counting just don't give a damn, some of those people you are counting aren't registered to vote.

And some of those people you are counting are in prison and cannot vote.

We count votes to determine things in this country, those who vote, are the ones that actually care about the results, those that do not either cannot legally vote (I.E. they are two years old) or they just don't care enough to vote.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

There is a major difference between a "Legal Controversy" and a "Hoax".

Before you start yelling at me saying I have failed logic, why don't you do some research to back yourself up.

You are blurring things purposely because your belief system is in jeopardy.

If your beliefs had any real merit, they could speak for themselves. You name calling and attacking people only shows the true strength of your beliefs.

They need help through dirty mudslinging to have any chance of survival?

Put down the mud, and try formulating a reasonable argument. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UluaHuntah808

The grandfather clause exists for just such a reason. More or less, a treaty that is no longer being used but still exists for over 50 years (I think that's the number) automatically becomes invalid. It's the reason why the government is legally able to withhold information from the public for up to 50 years. After that, it's no longer valid.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Not at all, I was just pointing out the failed logic in your post that just because a number of people don't vote, doesn't negate the votes of those that do.

There are many reasons that people don't vote, and just because they don't vote, doesn't mean they automatically vote one way or another. Some simply don't care to vote, some are too young, some for some reason can't vote.

Doesn't mean that because a number of people don't vote it negates the whole United States as an entity. That is just an absurd bit of reasoning there. And that is what I was attacking, doesn't mean that my belief system is in jeopardy, it means I just saw through BS and called it for what it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Also take into account that the vote was not given to 18 year-olds until around 1972 (??) and until that time the voting age was 21 as it would have been when the Hawaii statehood vote was made.

You are correct about those voting are the ones who can and the ones who care. I doubt if US citizens would like it if they were compelled to vote as is done in some other countries.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hawaiians are Japanese and Alaskans are Canadians.

Send Obama to Canada, we'll vote for him.
edit on 21-1-2011 by Cocasinpry because: Typo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Close but no cigar. It was John Mc Cain who was not born in the US.
I wonder if we'd have heard all this nonsense regergitated in so many ways - had he been elected instead of Obama?
Didn't think so...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Not even Homer Simpson would say that. T'aint necessary for a person to be born in a State in order to be a citizen at birth and thus eligible to be the President 35 years later.

This guy is a doctor? Holy smoke...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I believe Hawaii and the complainant has a case. they don't even need to secede , because they in truth aren't legal US soil, just as the Philippines weren't

oh, I'm sure the US government connivers will loophole every move to force the will of the people in any direction it desires..law or no law

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Close but no cigar. It was John Mc Cain who was not born in the US.
I wonder if we'd have heard all this nonsense regergitated in so many ways - had he been elected instead of Obama?
Didn't think so...

McCain was born in a US Territory and was, thus, a citizen at birth.

D'oh.... Didn't you guys take American Government in high school?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

trailertrash...I still know a State when I see one and John McCain was not born in the United States. I lived in a "territory" for quite awhile myself. Territories are not States. Ridiculous.

"was thus" I guess this makes it all better. lol
Yeah, Mc Cain is technically a citizen - but only "technically."

edit on 22-1-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hawaii isn't a state? Technically true or not, if you apply it to Obama, you have to apply it to all people who think they are citizens from Hawaii. A lot of collateral damage to satisfy your petty political leanings. Grasping at straws. He's president, give it up already. Besides, he'll be out of office soon anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Last time I looked there were 50 stars on the flag no?
edit on 22-1-2011 by Alphaprimez1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

This is very awesome news and I hope something good comes of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
First of all, he wasnNT born in Hawaii. The Governor of Hawaii cant find birth certificate ......
Second, isnt his real name Berry Sermos (or something like that?)
Oh and im not sure if this is legit or not but check it out Birth Certificate?

hmm....

edit on 1/22/11 by kyeleigh because: sorry edit was to wasnt

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Total ownage on that one. Bravo!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kyeleigh

Oh and im not sure if this is legit or not but check it out Birth Certificate?

Actually I talked about this earlier, this is the problem with birthers, they lie about everything, that fake birth certificate is one of the many many forgeries that have gone around on this issue.

www.factcheck.org... This is the real one.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Buddy, I'm Canadian, and as sure as hell I WON'T vote for him! Don't need a breeder of the NWO here in Canada...but I will take Ron Paul over Obama and Stephen Harper any day!

edit on 22-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comments

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

That ones fake as well, no footprint which ever american state does. it just looks fake, looks SO freshly printed out.
Also why would activists get arrested for going to Kenya to talk to his grandmother, when she says "Yea he was born here" but the officials wont let anyone talk to her....odd

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Give it a rest OP and stop trying to bite the hand that feeds you.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join