It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original purpose behind celebacy in religion ...reverse the flow = Enlightenment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

We certainly know that pentup sexual frustration causes abnormal behavior in both sexes and even animals. That should be enough to show what is a help or a hinderance. Of course, we won't want to get into the concept that sex has been long held as a "no-no" by the pious folks would we?

Yes but the theory here is to reverse the flow of sexual energy which in turn it will activate sections of the brain and body that usually are inactive ....giving One an advantage in Love, Spirituality, and meditation.

Seems like breath and how one breaths and sexual energy are all linked to awareness .... and awareness is the criticial aspect that is necessary for meditation

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Exactly.

Most people are only familiar with indulgence and suppression, not knowing that there is a Middle Path.

And the Middle Way is Transmutation:

The Transmutation of Sexual Energy (1)

"And why has the brain degenerated? It has degenerated simply because for many centuries we have been extracting from our organisms the Entity of the Semen...."

"...It is possible, however, to regenerate the brain. But in order to regenerate it one has to transmute the Entity of Semen, turn it to energy. Only thus can one “cerebrate the semen.”

"Extraordinary psychosomatic changes occur when the Sacred Sperm is transformed into energy. We know well what the hormonal vessels in our gonads are; how they work; how the hormones pass from one vessel to another; how they travel along the spermatic cords, eventually reaching the prostate. We know well how precious the prostate is. There the greatest transformations of the Entity of the Semen are produced, and the hormones finally enter the blood stream.

"The word hormone comes from a Greek root that means “a yearning for being, the force of being.”

"Hormones have been studied by our men of science; hormones are wonderful. Sexual hormones, for example, work miracles when they enter the blood stream: they come into contact with the endocrine glands (whether the thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, or the thymus, etc) and stimulate them; they make those little micro-laboratories produce more and more hormones. These hormones, produced by all the glands in general, enrich the blood stream extraordinarily, and then ailments disappear, illnesses disappear." - Samael Aun Weor

The Transmutation of Sexual Energy (4)

"With this practice there comes a moment when all the energy flows inwards and upwards. Clearly, the creative energy so organized - in a centripetal way - becomes an extraordinary instrument for the Essence, a means to awaken consciousness.

"I am teaching you genuine White Tantra; this is the practice used by the Tantric Schools in the Himalayas and the Hindustan; this is the practice through which one can achieve Ecstasy or Samadhi, or whatever you want to call it.

"They have spoken much about the Illuminating Void and clearly we can experience it ourselves. It is in that Void where we can find the Laws of Nature as they are in themselves and not as they seem to be. In this physical world we only see the mechanism of causes and effects but we do not know the Laws of Nature in themselves, whereas in the Illuminating Void we can recognise them in a simple, natural way, just as they are.

"We have been told that a suction pump is needed in order to form a void; we have such a pump in the spinal column and the channels Ida and Pingala through which the creative energy rises to the brain. We have also been told that a dynamo is needed; we have that in our brains and strength of will. Finally in any technique, obviously there must be a generator; fortunately, our generator is the creative organs, sex, the sexual force.

"Having the system and all the elements, we can form the Illuminating Void; the pump, the dynamo and the generator are the elements that we need in order to achieve the Illuminating Void in meditation." - Samael Aun Weor

edit on 21-1-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

It's false doctrine. You are supposed to be allowed to marry and have sex. Just like how you are permitted to eat meat. I have no clue why anyone who calls himself Christian would not feel uncomfortable promoting such ideas, when it's explicitly stated in scriptures that they are not sound doctrines and shall be promoted in the latter days.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Sexual Transmutation agrees 100% with authentic Christianity.

Single Christians can attain Chastity, and Transmute with Breathing Exercises, Prayer, and Meditation.

Married Christians can attain Chastity with Sexual Magic (the word Magic comes from Magi which means Priest):

When Husband and Wife treat the sexual act as sacred, and make sure to withdraw from the sexual act before reaching the orgasm, then they have performed Sexual Magic.

edit on 21-1-2011 by Tamahu because: edited link

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I believe celebacy is false doctrine. As far as the history of the Catholic Church and the Popes' decisions over celebacy, it looks like a money-grab to me.
Priests were powerful, wealthy men 1000 years ago. Pope Gregory VI figured that without wives, a deceased priest's assets go to the church..... this time-line will give you the gist:

Eleventh Century
1045 Benedict IX dispensed himself from celibacy and resigned in order to marry.
1074 Pope Gregory VII said anyone to be ordained must first pledge celibacy: ‘priests [must] first escape from the clutches of their wives.’
1095 Pope Urban II had priests’ wives sold into slavery, children were abandoned.

Twelfth Century
1123-Pope Calistus II: First Lateran Council decreed that clerical marriages were invalid.
1139-Pope Innocent II: Second Lateran Council confirmed the previous council’s decree.
1185 Pope Lucuis III decrees the creation of the Inquisition.....

From there it's goes downhill...... fast!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by masterofnone

"The temple of the very high, living God is our body and the fire of this temple is the Kundalini, which our vestal-spouse lights by means of the same sexual contact, or Sexual Magic, as taught in the book The Perfect Matrimony or the Door to Enter into Initiation, and as well within this current book.

"In this present time, the Roman Catholic Church has totally lost this tradition.

"That is why we see that in this Roman Church the fire of the temple is lit by acolyte boys, an action that is not only an absurdity, but moreover, a very grave sacrilege and an insult to life itself."

- Samael Aun Weor

edit on 21-1-2011 by Tamahu because: edited quote

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth."

"In Matthew 19:10-12 Jesus says that celibacy (i.e. remaining unmarried) is a special gift that not everyone can manage."

1 Corinthians 7:1-9, 25-40, Paul says that it's fine to be idealistically commited to not marrying in order to devote one's life wholly to the service of God but if you can't handle it, you could be setting ourself up for spiritual disaster - we have seen how some churhes have had to deal with horrendous sins of fornication, adultery, and perversion because their priests were not able to contain their sexuality. Paul's practical advice: it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

The Bible is full of verses that say if a person feels drawn to celibacy and vegetarianism...... ten let them do so. Ultimately after getting the direct experience of the Holy Spirit ...it was a spiritual intuition from that point on to refrain from meat and sex.

Other than that I have been studying and praying for over a decade to be shown how to transcend lust, since God has already shown me, and activated in me, the ability to transcend creed, gender, thought, judgment, and a vast array of other things that we are called to no longer do....

Not I but Christ in me .....and this Christ-like faculty thats in me is changing me and wants to transcend sex ...it feels natural and the spiritual thing to do. Besides that I was sown naturally while practicing celibacy that the pent up sexual energy actually flows in the heart and allows one to Love deeper and more fuller than normal.

ALso in the Bible it says the Holy Spirit will show you additional things ....and let me just say hat the things that I've been shown ....most of the preachers and theologians at the top of the Christian food chain have no idea about ....... but my experiences are certified by the saints, mystics, monks, and hermits who lived for Christ and were transformed with direct experiences of God ...instead of just reading about it.

My Love of God is sooooo strong, I will give up everything for direct experiences of that and to be transformed into Christhood, deification, theosis..... and its slowly happening.

My whole Life revolves around Loving and knowing God directly .....so I say who is the Christian then? As its funny that just like Christ was rejected by the church of his times ....so I too after having been given direct experiences and intuitions by the Spirit ...seem to be rejected by the churches of my times.....

Some read about God, others know God. Simple as that ..... this whole premise was a hunch ...and its also a hunch that Christianity in the West has been hijacked by those that think, but in reality don't know.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

In Catholicism celibacy had more to do with land and property rights than any spiritual beliefs. If a Priest married he would naturally want to leave something for his children= smaller and smaller Church estates.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

In Catholicism celibacy had more to do with land and property rights than any spiritual beliefs. If a Priest married he would naturally want to leave something for his children= smaller and smaller Church estates.

Maybe ...but the root of Catholicism is to follow Christ who himself was celibate and didnt care about property rights. And so many following in his foot steps naturally became celibate as we can see in the case of that early desert fathers, monks, and hermits ......all of which had no property rights.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

It's better to marry than to give into your lust because fornication is an abomination to God. Or at least that's how I understand it.

If you want to practice it, fine by me. But teaching others to do so for the sake of enlightenment is a misguided doctrine. We are perfected by keeping the commandments, not by seeking to become divine through esoteric knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The Christian Desert Fathers on Meditation

Please see the definitions that are posted in the second half of this post, in order to understand the following:

The Twelve Commandments examines the esoteric meaning of the original Twelve Commandments given by Moses, and their relationship to the Tree of Life (Kabbalah).

Kabbalah 2: The Twelve Commandments

“Neither shall you commit fornication."

Sixth Sephirah: Tiphereth (Beauty)

The Virtue of Tiphereth is Devotion to God’s Work

"Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born [Hei: ה womb] of water [Mem: מ sex] and of the Spirit [Shin: ש fire], he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." - John 3:5

"That which is born of the flesh [through common sex] is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit [through immaculate sexuality, as required in Leviticus 15] is spirit." - John 3:6

The Fuel for Spiritual Experience (3): Bodhichitta

This book is recommended in the lecture: Bodhicharyavatara.

"Ah, Lord God, my holy Lover, when You come into my heart, all that is within me will rejoice. You are my glory and the exultation of my heart. You are my hope and refuge in the day of my tribulation. But because my love is as yet weak and my virtue imperfect, I must be strengthened and comforted by You. Visit me often, therefore, and teach me Your holy discipline. Free me from evil passions and cleanse my heart of all disorderly affection so that, healed and purified within, I may be fit to love, strong to suffer, and firm to persevere. [...]Love is watchful. Sleeping, it does not slumber. Wearied, it is not tired. Pressed, it is not straitened. Alarmed, it is not confused, but like a living flame, a burning torch, it forces its way upward and passes unharmed through every obstacle." - Thomas a Kempis, The Imitation of Christ

ATS Post:

Quotes from the New Testament which show and prove that the Christian teachings of Yeshua are Esoteric

edit on 22-1-2011 by Tamahu because: edited text

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Because missionary can hurt men's backs...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkey_descendant
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Because missionary can hurt men's backs...

Samael Aun Weor wrote:

"The Wise North American Kabbalist Manly P. Hall, who was cited by the great Master of the White Lodge, Dr. Francisco A. Propato, said in his book of Occult Anatomy of Man, the following:

"Those who will be incapable of lifting the fire of the spinal medulla throughout their Sushumna canal, will be cast aside into a lateral kingdom, similar to that of the present apes (monkeys, chimpanzees, etc.)."

edit on 22-1-2011 by Tamahu because: edited quote

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you want to practice it, fine by me. But teaching others to do so for the sake of enlightenment is a misguided doctrine. We are perfected by keeping the commandments, not by seeking to become divine through esoteric knowledge.

its a premise that I brought up. Why did I bring it up? Because having known about before and brushed it off as a possibility and speculation, this eventually became a direct experience of its own accord...just from being celibate for a while this begin to happen naturally.

Are we really perfected keeping the commandments? I would say No ....because at any moment there is the potential to break them and we can see examples of people who keep all commandments but still complain, or are not content, or fill in the blank.

To become perfected requires direct experiences of God, infused essences of the Holy Spirit, esoteric knowledge becomes naturally revealed as gifts of the Spirit ...intuited from that ...not read from any books.

Please do introduce me to a perfected Christian who has become perfected just from keeping the commandments. You have strayed far and wide if Christianity to you has become "just keeping the commandments," as being all that it takes for perfection.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Yes, a gift given to help avoid fornication; which includes harlotry and adultry (I Corinthians 7), and ultimately idolatry.

A successful marriage teaches much humility before God. It's more merciful than being struck down on the road, too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join