It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku Warns the World Citizens of Potential Mega Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I was a big fan of Michio Kaku in the past, he used to do fantastic interviews on Coast to Coast with Art Bell explaining physics in layman's terms, now that he is on TV and a household word so to speak he has changed from great information to gloom and doom, this seems to happen when people become famous.

edit on 21-1-2011 by Aquarius1 because: missing word

What you said!

He's become too Hollywood but that after all, that's very appealing to the Lemmings of the land!
They LIKE familiarity and celebrities.

Hell, put a historian on Nickola Tesla on Good Morning America, most of the audience will turn the channel!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by ProfATS
I get that this is breaking news because the guy said it recently.. but what he is talking about is actually centuries in the making. From what I read in the article he is not saying that there will be an increase in earthquake activity, just that a mega quake could destroy a city. Unless I am missing something.

He's deliberately using the line "very possible within our life time" unless they're planning on giving us all a vaccination that increases our life-span to 175 years!

Ya but they are just trying to make money by spinning what he is saying. They had a meeting at Coupmedia.org and the chief editor said.. hey lets make this title sound like something new about Mega Earthquakes has been discovered, but when you read the article it just says that we built stuff where they have big earthquakes. He does not say that there has been in increase in earthquakes. Also.. what is the percentage of very possible. Is 1% very possible for 5 major cities around the world in the next 50 years. Just saying when I see a Title of "Michio Kaku Warns the World Citizens of Potential Mega Earthquake" I think he knows something I do not know , but then when you read or watch what he is saying you think the title of the article should be "humans are stupid because we do not figure the risk of natural disasters into where we build our cities" but that does not sell newspapers.
edit on 21-1-2011 by ProfATS because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by ProfATS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I thought we could NOT predict earthquakes. At any level, to any degree, using any proven and tested technology. That is why we cannot prevent any possible damage when one occurs, right?

Then how is this Michio Kaku prediction any different than some mindless end-of-the-world prophecy scribbled by some ancient guy on papyrus; or heck, some senseless, grammatically crippled rambling of a bored ATS member? Just because he is a scientist? But then they cannot predict it with any degree of accuracy, right? Seems kind of silly to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
He is trying to sell an upcoming book. No big deal there.

So it sounds like a lot of you complaining about him think it is OK to continue to build our major city infrastructure on fault lines or in earthquake prone zones right up to the point where the lid blows off. How is that good?

We should not be doing anything to make our electronics and electrical grid safe from solar bursts. Yep, that is an excellent strategy -- maybe if assured chaos is what you are after.

If you don't think these are real risks; then I am afraid you are into conspiracy just for the sake of it, and can't see a fact until it smacks you in the face -- or takes your house down.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

First let me say, I don't know if I totally trust Michio. There's something about him that doesn't sit right with me. I think he plays good-cop bad-cop for the PTB. Same with Hawking but that's another story.

Considering that electicity, magnetism and gravity were linked at least as early as 1955, with a science called electrogravitics (vanished into Black Ops), and I believe it was Kaku who on a Nova program said that Einstein had spent his many years trying to unite EM with G... I have to believe he tends to uphold the flawed, Einsteinian paradigm. Why, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrius

People have known pretty much for ever that the Quensland area of Australia is prone to flooding and yet they continue to live and build there.

That is human nature. While no-one may know exactly when an earthquake will happen or a volcano erupt, that it will happen or erupt 100% for sure at some point is well known in certain areas "prone" to them. Maybe its the gambling instinct some people have where they just "take their chances".

Then when it hits they want the rest of us to pay for their rescue.

I would say "tough cheese".
edit on 1/21/2011 by wayno because: sp.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Talking head promoting the party line. He is selling a book, that is all.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Alright so which way would you want it? Would you rather us not be informed about these possibilities, or to just take it in and get on with life? This just seems a bit pathetic to me to think that any which way information is portrayed, there's gotta be a nefarious ploy underway.

How about: We ARE at breaking points, and the elite want to condition us to be psychologically ready for when things of this magnitude actually break out. If you don't wanna know about this stuff, then just turn the t.v. off.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hell, put a historian on Nickola Tesla on Good Morning America, most of the audience will turn the channel!

You have that right, I have read much about Tesla, there is a great book by Lt. Col. Tom Bearden called AIDS: Biological Warfare that has a lot of information on Tesla in that book. I think it's out of print now. Anyone who isn't familiar with Bearden should check his website out.

www.cheniere.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Good topic, Human_Alien. I don't know what to think about Michio Kaku's conscious role in all of this, but he is definitely "Establishment." Is he a "Disinfo Agent" -- I just don't know. I watched both of the videos you provided and his explanation of the earthquake vulnerability seemed reasonable. I don't know that I buy his take on mass animal deaths -- I'm really creeped out by these.

I'm not an End-Timer, but I do believe we are going thru painful "Earth Changes." Humankind will survive this -- it will be just a smaller number of humans left standing.

SeaWind

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrius
I thought we could NOT predict earthquakes. At any level, to any degree, using any proven and tested technology. That is why we cannot prevent any possible damage when one occurs, right?

No, we can predict where one will likely strike, so that people will reinforce existing buildings or build stronger ones in the future.

However, it is next to impossible with current means to tell exactly when one will strike. What can be done is to work out the probability of a large quake (Say an 8), and apply that to a timescale. As you increase the time from now, the probability of an occurence approaches 1.

Basically like playing the lottery, you have a 1 in 13,000,000 chance of winning, and if you play it enough times, the probability you will have won it on one of those times increases, assuming they are independant of each other.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It seems that we're being conditioned for just about every major event possible.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is blatant fear mongering ... no information, just a series of worst case scenarios.

I agree entirely that he smells of snake oil ... and worse. But you're perfectly correct, why punt this line of doom and gloom to the masses, who least want to hear it?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

"In our life time, we could very well see one of these cities destroyed," Kaku said. "Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Tehran, Tokyo.

Hrmmmm, I bet I can predict which city will be hit first. Probably won't be a natural occurance either...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There are a whole bunch of cities that could be destroyed in our lifetimes. He mentioned just a few.

This isn't doommongering, its reality. Major earthquakes flatten cities every century.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

In Science, the devil is in the details. Hasn't anybody run the history of seismic activity data to show one way or another a drastic increase or stability in the when, where and depth of quakes? Surely, they have. ...But they wouldn't tell us about it if the data was indicative of the "big one," would they?

However, with the rather recent discussions the world over about these dangers, I would expect to see data that proves increased seismic activity is NOT taking place the world over Maybe that has been done, but I'm not aware of it.

We on ATS do know that Yellowstone is starting to perculate to some extent, and that activity, there, in an unlikely place according to common sense, is scary enough since it has not been an active area for a very long time, AND it is in the interior portion of the US.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Oh... this guy.

Just cause he's on Good Morning America it's credible.

Not to sound like a dick, I'm just fed up with mainstream scientists and how little they know.

We are going to see these kind of changes and more increasingly bizarre occurrences until the climax in 2012/2013. Keep in mind, this is Mother Earth, the planetary consciousness, changing... Humanity has little to do with it, although we can certainly go along for the ride.

Yeah I mean they just spent their whole lives constantly studying the same subject for years and years, trying to attain every piece of the puzzle. These are the same people that have brought you the t.v. , the phone, the laptop, and the satellites you use everyday.

But here comes Mr. Normal here on his computer thinking that their problems aren't hard at all. Of course it wouldn't take a genius to understand that there might be another huge earthquake, but this man specifically can have you drooling in the mouth from complete information overload.

Unless you can keep up with them, don't insult them!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I also saw the interview and felt like he wasn't being honest for some reason.....intuition maybe.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I've also noticed the change in him over the years and agree that fame changes people....and sometimes for the worse.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sywardus

I also saw the interview and felt like he wasn't being honest for some reason.....intuition maybe.

You're not alone my friend. He absolutely gives the feel of being scripted. He's like a wind-up toy. And the way he smiles! What's up with that? I can only conclude he's giving his best performance for the cameras!

Too bad too. Because I liked him when he was introducing String Theory.

Now he's like a celebrity. And I don't 'do' Hollywood-types too well and see right through them.
I think he's the front man/mouth piece for NASA (government) to keep delivering the 'potentially' bad news to the dumbfounded minion (as he smiles about it).
He's the NASA's rendition of an Alex Jones!
edit on 21-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join