It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku Warns the World Citizens of Potential Mega Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Michio Kaku Warns the World Citizens of Potential Mega Earthquake

coupmedia.org

Physicist and author of "Physics of the Future" Michio Kaku warned world citizens this morning on Good Morning America about the pending threat of enormous earthquakes.

"In our life time, we could very well see one of these cities destroyed," Kaku said. "Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Tehran, Tokyo."

Kaku pointed to changes in the physical structures of human civilization, and how the new composure poses many risks. "We are creating mega cities where there used to be fishing village
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I am literally running out of adjectives to describe these events/articles anymore.

First let me say, I don't know if I totally trust Michio. There's something about him that doesn't sit right with me. I think he plays good-cop bad-cop for the PTB. Same with Hawking but that's another story.

Why anyone would want to keep this unstable frenzy going on a global level has me wondering. You would think they'd lie and tell us everything is alright so not to cause panic.
But that's not what's happening. They're feeding us doom in daily dosages since January 1st!
Why?
Is this the trend? Are we supposed to get so immune to it that we'll stop paying attention??

Again, those who know me know how I feel and that's.....there's something brewin' BIG TIME.

coupmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What a blow to our country/economy that would be to lose a mega-city like LA to total destruction. It is bound to happen eventually though. Mega-Quakes have happen there before and they will happen again.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
THIS (below) is why I don't trust him.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

sounds like an MK-Ultra way of doing things.

cause non-stop stress and feed the solutions so we follow like sheep to the slaughter. God i wish we could go back to the good ol' days when the biggest worry was how to not get eaten by tigers.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh... this guy.

Just cause he's on Good Morning America it's credible.

Not to sound like a dick, I'm just fed up with mainstream scientists and how little they know.

We are going to see these kind of changes and more increasingly bizarre occurrences until the climax in 2012/2013. Keep in mind, this is Mother Earth, the planetary consciousness, changing... Humanity has little to do with it, although we can certainly go along for the ride.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

I'm not sure how MK ultra really plays into it, but I do agree it's probably predictive programming. Not to prep us for a real disaster, but to distract us from other issues (totally working) keeps us confused and scared (totally working) so they can offer the solution of world government and less freedom for more 'safety'.

Problem, Reaction, solution.

The fact does remain, we've been incredibly lucky for the tiny period of time we've been on earth, we're due for some total catastrophic disaster, it's just a fact of life.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by Human_Alien

sounds like an MK-Ultra way of doing things.

cause non-stop stress and feed the solutions so we follow like sheep to the slaughter. God i wish we could go back to the good ol' days when the biggest worry was how to not get eaten by tigers.

Hell, our biggest worry was remembering the combination to our lockers!

This is out of control. Not so much the events themselves but the reporting of said-events.

I don't care for Michio. But that doesn't mean I disbelieve the earthquake prediction. Yellowstone has been on stand by for several years now.
But we'll probably all be looking west and get slammed with a tsunami on the east (coast).

But I'm withcha. Wish we had access to a 'way-back' machine!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"You graduated first in your class at Harvard... BLAH BLAH BLAH"

None of that matters!!! It's all meaningless. I didn't even watch the rest of the video.

This is beyond schoolbook physics. What we are seeing comes down to galactic cycles and natural evolution. Ancient cultures weren't necessarily backwards and the Mayans had an incredible connection to the universe. To put it blatantly, Earth (along with humanity) is about to become a 5D planet. In the 3D way of seeing things, that means LOTS of plasma. I'll let your imagination take over...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I get that this is breaking news because the guy said it recently.. but what he is talking about is actually centuries in the making. From what I read in the article he is not saying that there will be an increase in earthquake activity, just that a mega quake could destroy a city. Unless I am missing something.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Oh... this guy.

Just cause he's on Good Morning America it's credible.

Maybe not to us here but the other 6-billion people will buy into it though.
That is my point to this thread. It's not so much the message but rather, the messengers.

I bet Big Pharma is having an upsurge on sales of anti-depressants/anti-psychotic meds since the beginning of the year though!

Chemtrail anyone????

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfATS
I get that this is breaking news because the guy said it recently.. but what he is talking about is actually centuries in the making. From what I read in the article he is not saying that there will be an increase in earthquake activity, just that a mega quake could destroy a city. Unless I am missing something.

He's deliberately using the line "very possible within our life time" unless they're planning on giving us all a vaccination that increases our life-span to 175 years!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
wow what a spew of propaganda coming from Kaku seems he is repeating points the MSM keep saying, dont sell your house (keep paying taxes) be good citizens but you could all be in alot of danger, nothing to worry about its like he is laughing at his own theories, I also love how they use him as an expert on volcanoes, earthquakes, the sun, fishing villages and technology.

going back in record keeping there were still records of these events volcanoes earthquakes and their size or damage, I doubt many of these events were missed by locals, it seems the earth is more active now especially with the poles moving at a higher rate but the internets is the reason for that I take it.?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I was a big fan of Michio Kaku in the past, he used to do fantastic interviews on Coast to Coast with Art Bell explaining physics in layman's terms, now that he is on TV and a household word so to speak he has changed from great information to gloom and doom, this seems to happen when people become famous.

edit on 21-1-2011 by Aquarius1 because: missing word

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
reply to post by stuncrazy

we've been incredibly lucky for the tiny period of time we've been on earth, we're due for some total catastrophic disaster, it's just a fact of life.

Although I appreciate that line....I don't understand it. We've been lucky compared to WHAT? The odds? Other generations?
No offense but I think it's a dumb line.

Earth 6+ Billion years old
Human life span 70 years
Earth one of trillion of billion of quadrillion planets of zillions of galaxies.

And we're lucky about 'what' again...................?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I actually agree with this guy. He is just stating the facts as they are -- how refreshing is that. I'd rather know even the bad news so I can be prepared than remain in ingnorant bliss.

It is true that we are just getting 100 x's more information about everything going on in the world than we ever did before modern communication gizmos. That doesn't mean more # is happening, just that more of it is being reported on as it happens.

It is also true that we have built up large cities in dangerous areas. We ignore the long term risks for short term profit and convenience. Nothing sinister about talking about that. That is just the way it is. Nothing wrong with maybe stopping to think twice before just ploughing ahead with a something we know won't be viable in the long run.

There are billions of people inhabiting every corner of the world now. More of us means more of us at risk. Duh?? All of our modern electronic advances are great, but our dependence on them means we are vulnerable to catastrophe when they don't work. We know they won't work when the sun's energy gives um a whack.

This is all just reality. Better we face it, plan for contingencies and not panic or hide our heads from it cuz its not nice.

link   
I dont trust nor like that Kaku guy, he is one of the most close-minded book driven scientists out there

link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by ProfATS

He's deliberately using the line "very possible within our life time" unless they're planning on giving us all a vaccination that increases our life-span to 175 years!

i think he uses that it like that because a) he does not know if it will happen or not b) he says very possible because the history books will not discredit him if it does or doesn't happen , its a good fail safe many scientists do on tv . Because if you get something wrong alot of people treat it like a house of cards and in there views one lie = omg disinfo agent loool well maybe not that extreme but you get the point. Its a good fail safe way of saying i don't know but i want credit for it anyway because i gave the maybe.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
He's right there's a very real possibility of this happening in our lifetime. It's been forecast for a long time now and eventually someone will be right, I don't think this is breaking news just fear mongering imo. For those that are watching this is no surprise for those asleep they won't hear anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join