It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder

Manchurian ??

My 1st thought too,
I bet the methods used to programme a young mind are further along
than we can imagine. and I have a good imagination.
It all sounds to clean cut and methodical.

Reminds me of AMITIVILLE.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Very sad what happened there.

My I suggest that we have zero information to even make educated guesses ... Some people see conspiracies in everything and draw the wrong conclusions. My point is that we all have no clue to what happened and we should hold back with extreme comments. Some people could look really stupid in hindsight.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well for the MK Ultra Conspiracy crowd! One thing is for sure

This is not a MK ULTRA Link why

The Boy said he doesn't Know Why he did it !

An MindKontrol Ultra Candidate would of said he doesn't REMEMBER why he did it !

maybe he heard little voices like Kill them ! ! Say like..for Example Ronald DeFeo Jr

The Big Question is is this Kid In some Special Class say like 3 towns Away from his home town that is near a Medical/Bio/Chemical University and is in with only a Hand full of Students in a One Class Room Isolated from other Regular class Students and Monitored every step you take then come back home to his family ?
If not.... then he is defiantly NOT a Victim with the MK Ultra Program

edit on 22-1-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Terrible and it seems to be an increasing phenomena.

Anyway, I would not be surprised to hear if the 14 year old was on some sort of medication, as when you dig deeper, it appears to be a common factor.

Prescription Drugs Associated with Reports of Violence Towards Others

Objective To identify the primary suspects in adverse drug event reports describing thoughts or acts of violence towards others, and assess the strength of the association. Methodology From the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) data, we extracted all serious adverse event reports for drugs with 200 or more cases received from 2004 through September 2009. We identified any case report indicating homicide, homicidal ideation, physical assault, physical abuse or violence related symptoms.

www.plosone.org...

If you are interested, read the full report for results on over 30 prescription medications that are associated with elevated violence.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Unreal.

Honestly though, we really have no idea what that kid could have been going through. Look at the fact that everyone he lived with had a mug shot.

I don't want to assume anything about that family because what happened was tragic, but I thought I'd get that out there.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
We are missing some information here.

Perhaps there are people being programmed to just "go off" to forward some sort of agenda. Could be an agenda to get more children into Psychiatric hands. Could be some other agenda of disarming "unstable" Americans. Could be both I suppose. "Psychiatrists need access to more people so that they can be treated for their violent urges." In other words, trying to force us under control, with drugs and the like.

It's possible the kid has been battling insane thoughts, and no one really noticed it. Heck, we've all had insane thoughts from time to time, but we usually don't give in to the worse ones though.

Perhaps he was on an anti-depressant, or similar medication. Which, by the way does not heal depression, it can make things worse. Medications have been involved in a number of strange violent incidents involving kids.

And, "I don't know" isn't that uncommon of a thing to say, when you don't want to say the reason. But, could also mean, literally, "he doesn't know," because of hypnotic suggestions.

We are missing information though. The original article doesn't go into much detail.

Troy

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by gladtobehere
I blame the 1st Amendment, the 2nd Amendment, video games, Adult Swim and freedom in general.

There is no proof that it was video games fault, in fact why don't you or any other ATS users blame the parent rather then the Amendments eh?

Oh and if you don't like freedom why don't you just leave then?

It was sarcasm...

edit on 23-1-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Oh ok sorry about that comment then.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by gladtobehere

Oh ok sorry about that comment then.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

That was nice of you to apologize, no worries. I completely empathize with how you feel.

Sure you know how the anti-freedom brigade loves these types of tragedies.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
One thing that might explain things is that the kid may just be a sociopath.

The gun wasn't necessary. It could have been any blunt object or tool. People were murdering each other before guns came along and will continue to do so, guns not withstanding.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Dude, the video game was just one idea and one aspect of the entire post. Of course TV plays a part, and by the way, I love video games. But, I'm an adult. Is it possible that for a child/teenager with all that they have going on at that age anyway, i.e. hormones, peer pressure, school bullies, etc., may have a little more trouble with the influence of videos games? Again, that was just one aspect of the post. I think that my general focus point was our society. The gun didn't kill those people no more than car being driven by a drunk kills people. People kill people, their decision, they just use different modes.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why is there no actual news coming forth about this tragedy? We can speculate all day amongst ourselves but it will be imposible to get to what really happened on our own.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I know. I even tried blogs originating from Spartansburg and nothing new is coming out. I tried the comments section of the local news online... still nothing. Still digging, but don't hold your breath.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

You xenophobic much ? Just because you do not understand how a person could listen to metal and not be a violent ,sadistic , nut does not mean that there is NO way that a man of peace could enjoy the genre. I am a believer in God and an advocate of peace, but I have also been a fan of heavy metal since the day I could proclaim preferences of musical taste.
Your ignorance astounds me utterly .

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

I know what you mean. My girlfriend plays WOW and spends most the time leveling. I don't understand a game where you have to log like 2 days of time just to be on the "level" with other players to actually start the game and play with others. I've asked her, after all your characters are 85, then what? You aren't just playing a game it consumes a large portion of your life in the way its set up and there is no pay off.

Also I hate games like farmville that guilt you into playing more. The fact that the game runs while you are away and players crops can die makes them come back. And also requests from their friends to play makes the player feel guilty if he isn't helping out his friends game situation. I don't play any of those but I always feel like a jerk when I completely ignore peoples requests to games like those I don't want to play them so I have to shun my friends invite, but I shouldn't feel bad, that is just how the games are set up;

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Um... who in there right mind gives a 14 year old a gun for a present....
disturbing, very disturbing.........

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

I know what you mean. My girlfriend plays WOW and spends most the time leveling. I don't understand a game where you have to log like 2 days of time just to be on the "level" with other players to actually start the game and play with others. I've asked her, after all your characters are 85, then what? You aren't just playing a game it consumes a large portion of your life in the way its set up and there is no pay off.

Also I hate games like farmville that guilt you into playing more. The fact that the game runs while you are away and players crops can die makes them come back. And also requests from their friends to play makes the player feel guilty if he isn't helping out his friends game situation. I don't play any of those but I always feel like a jerk when I completely ignore peoples requests to games like those I don't want to play them so I have to shun my friends invite, but I shouldn't feel bad, that is just how the games are set up;

Thank you for your input. I was just stating the facts as I see them. If you listen to Heavy Metal, I agree you may take offense to them.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron

I was talking to an old man about this the other day. He was telling me that when he was in high school, circa 1950, the kids use to drive to school with their rifles in their vehicles. Their would be dozens of trucks and cars with guns in them right outside of the building. Then when school was over they would take their vehicles to go hunting everything from rabbit to deer.

Amazingly all of these teenage kids made it through school without killing anybody. The ownership of a gun doesn't make anybody do anything. A lack of responsibilty or mental instability make a person do stupid things.

The high school I went to (in the 1990s) taught hunter safety with real .22 rifles untill the late 1980s. They never had a student shoot another student. Kids didn't go home and kill their parents, and that part of the county had a crime rate less than half of the more urban area. Imagine that, kids as young as thirteen handling real live guns at home and at school and they grew up to be normal productive humans.

Now if we're talking about eight year olds, yeah that is a bit young to have a gun. Once you hit your teens though, I believe that you are old enough to have access to guns. IF the parents have done their job, and pay attention to their kids maturity level, then it should be between the parent and the child.

For generations kids and teens have had ready access to firearms. Why is it that in the last twenty years it suddenly became dangerous? Is it just the perception created by the media? It would seem so. Youth violence has been on the decline for a few years now. America's most violent years actually began to end in 1991. If you look at the crime stats violence has been decreasing for nearly two decades.

edit on 24-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybertron

Yeah, that is a little old for that sort of thing. I armed mine up at 12, and surprisingly, I seem to still be drawing breath. Matter of fact, they haven't killed anyone else,either. I had my first rifle at 8, but I may have been peculiarly precocious.

Imagine that! Some folks can actually raise their kids to have a bit of responsibility, rather than instructing them to go gunning down the rest of the world!

Who'd'a thunk it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

in the uk a 10 year old boy got a gun licence and i think that's to young to own your own gun when they've had no experience in the real world it should be at least 18 cos how many time do you get told off by your parents say for coming home late and you feel angry coz you feel your being pushed around but relay all there doing is protecting you

It's 14 for a shot gun certificate, not 10 and the gun is to be kept in a locked gun cabinet when it's nighttime / not in use!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join