It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by seedofchucky
i fear this will be tied to video games and then back to gun control . What a tragic story . I wanna meet this little punk i have a few questions for him

Agreed some teenagers don't know between fiction or reality in most video games.
It will indeed be blamed on the video games yet again

Well, maybe it should be. Im going to do a thread on this. When I was a kid, I played defender, and mike tysons punch out. Kids today are playing uberrealistic war simulations and grand theft auto 4.

You dont think that stuff has any effect on young minds? I think our society proves it does.

He didn't go out, rob a store, get into a car chase and shoot at police, he murdered his family. This is deeply psychopathic. Most potential psychopaths control such urges and stay far away from the deep end and live a relatively normal life with counseling. This kid went under the radar, got "the tick" and couldn't handle it. He took the plunge and has to live betrayed by his sick mind.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I'm sorry i cant resist the reply...

And most of you americans are pro-guns...

Then you wonder why this sh*t happens! You make your bed you lay in it...

Dumb.

I'd rather have a gun to protect myself than a baseball bat.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Enough blaming the video gaming industry ok?

Don't you know there were no murders before video games were invented?

Back to reality... why don't people look at what happened around 1963 that made these types of incidents increase exponentially from coast to coast in the U.S.

You can do your own homework folks.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This incident, IMHO, lies at the feet of the father. The kid shouldn't have had access to the gun while his father was asleep. Thats basic gun safety guys.

Don't get me wrong, I was raised using guns, I started with a 22 rifle just like this one and I'll add that I got mine at a MUCH younger age. In my fathers home, if he or we weren't using them, they were locked away. I didn't have free access to a firearm until I was out on my own. Even when I moved back home during a brief stint of unemployment my firearms were locked in his gun case.

This is why I'm starting to lean towards some type of basic safety training before purchasing a firearm. Though I'm sure this father knew better, he probably suffered from that fatal "it won't happen to me" disease.

-----

I wouldnt' move to blame video games and movies either. Once again I'll use myself as an example, I play the worst games out there including GTA and these so called "war simulators". I never snapped because of them, and I never felt that they had any bearing on reality.

-----

Sadly I think people snap because thats what we do. There's no ryme or reason, and until more evidence from this case makes it out we can't say for sure one way or the other. Maybe he was abused, maybe his PS3 told him to do it, maybe he wasn't mentally all there, maybe he was mind contolled, maybe the aliens made him do it.

We don't know and probably won't ever know because some special interest group will come in and claim it for their cause.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

I have no doubt that even though all these attitudes exist in mankind today on a scale never before seen, that it is being driven by the wicked spirit rulers, or Satan and his demons. And that this boy NO doubt, NO DOUBT, listened to Heavy Metal music, it will be revealed that he did.
Thats right! Heavy Metal music - the well known scourge of humanity.

Back in the good ol' days, when men were men, christians were slaves, everyone knew their place & obeyed their rulers' every whim or they'd soon find themselves hacked to death or mauled to death by wild animals in an arena for the entertainment of a baying crowd... There was Ozzius Ozbournero singing "Going off the viaduct on a crazy wagon!" That was in his solo career tho. Earlier with Blackus Sabbaticus he sang "Finished with my slave cause she couldn't help me with my toga."
There was Zeppelinarius Ledii with "Whole lotta blood" & who could forget Status Quo's "Invadin' all over the world"?

That was just the early days tho. The rot set in when Marilinna Mansonimus covered "Your own personal Iesus" by Modus Depechicus, b/c that was an invite to The Goths to get in on the scene. The final straw came when Greenus Diem sang the classic lyrics
"I dont wanna be a Roman ignoramus.
I dont wanna be part of no plebian agenda!"
Even tho they were just imitating the Britannia poets The Clashistinarians, the Romans were shocked to their core.

Yeah, when a republic turns into an empire & rots from within, history shows that Heavy Metal is the cause. Indubitably!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Those family photos are rife with angst and agony. The great aunt was apparently in a hospital bed. My feeling is that there was a lot of sadness in that home. Was he trying to end the misery -- not just for himself, but for everyone?

I agree with you on the premise. I think there was a lot of suffering and he didn't know how to handle it. He wanted to make the pain stop for everyone. It was probably just too much and he felt overloaded. So, he did the only thing he could to end their suffering and his suffering by extension. He couldn't handle it any more and took the only way out he knew.

I believe he deserves life in prison. I just hate that he couldn't find help sooner. Maybe a psychologist or a counselor could have helped him cope.

I think he said "I don't know," because he either can't explain the emotions he felt, or he doesn't think anybody will understand. He's probably thinking, "I killed them, its over. Now I'm going to jail." In his mind jail is probably no worse than what ever he was living through before. Sadly for him jail is permenant in this case. He could have left home in a few years.
edit on 22-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
this is why you teach gun responsibility to children. Too many idiot kids who think all guns are just "pew pew", a big video game related joke.

do you think this child could have benefited from "never point a gun at someone, loaded or not"?

I think you may be on to something. I don't think it goes with this case, but I think in general you make a good point. Kids need to be taught responsibility abou many things and especialy about guns.

I remember when I was five I kept bugging my dad and uncle to let me shoot. To scare me and teach me the power of guns they let me shoot either a .357 or .44 magnum. One shot was all it took for me to realize real guns were nothing like my cap guns.

From the first time I was given a toy gun I was taught proper gun skills and responsibility. If I slipped up my toys were taken or I got a spanking. My dad taught me how to handle guns and the rules of gun safety. I never grabbed one of his guns and did anything I shouldn't. At times we had everything from military surplus sniper rifles to .32acp and .44 caliber black powder guns in the house.

I was taught gun safety and I new the consequences of improperly using a gun. I also was more afraid of what my dad would do that the cops. My dad never laid a hand on me out of anger and never abused me. Yet I still respected and feared his wrath if I royaly screwed up.

Plus accordin to professor John Lott of Yale School of Law of the fifteen states that enacted "safe storage" laws none of them saw a drop in juvenile suicides or juvenile accidental death. In other words after five years of living with the laws it was found that they do not prevent kids from being killed or killing theirself. I doubt it would help in a case like this. A kid determined to kill three family members will find a way.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Jesus. I got a .22 when I was 13. I never felt like shooting my mom or stepdad. I did shoot a burglar though when they were gone on vacation.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I don't think it had anything to do with being under mind control of MK Ultra. Although we are all under it to a certain level. However I bet once they run the tests they will find things like Zoloft in his system. There are thousands and thousands of examples of parents talking about a moment where there child just snapped after taking those mind altering drugs for depression or bi-polar disorder. Even examples of these types of snapping incidents with ADHD medication. I'm pretty sure that this is what is to blame in this situation as its has all the tell tell signs of prescription drugs.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InfowarriorCarson

That's what I expect as well. Either that or the boy was literally psychotic or abused - all of the above? It's definitely not the guns fault, there are countless kids with guns that don't blow away their families.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of a serial killer in the early 70's.

He was only 15 years old. He had shot and killed both his grandparents. When asked why he did it, he said that wanted to know what it would be like. After he shot his grandmother, he knew his grandfather would be angry once he got home. So he waited until his grandfather got home and killed him too.

It was odd though because he was committed to a psych ward where he befriended his psychiatrist and even became their assistant. He was released, the faculty thinking he was cured.

He then began to stalk and kill college co-eds and eventually killed his mother and one of their friends before turning himself in.

His name was Edmund Kemper. He was an odd but interesting fellow should you look him up.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is so typical.

good kid...gun as a birthday present....decides to go bananas.

I haven't read all of the pages but I'm sure there we're some saying it's the parents fault others saying guns laws should be more strict,ect ect. This is definitely ammo for all those going for the stricter gun law agruement.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

There are some folks with a major short-circuit in their wiring. The scary part is how easily they can observe and blend in society. Like you said, he even befriended his psychiatrist. Why not? Might as well go with the program, observe, adapt, learn, and get back to your real passion of murder!

Maybe this kid was one of those, but for some reason I don't think so. I think he had a motivation, but he isn't sharing it so far. Surely there has to be more to this story......hopefully.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

Oh wow. One can't unread what one has read
and this Kemper was one sick puppy! From reading though, it could be a case of heredity or mother's upbringing or lack thereof, or both.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you, though I admit I could be wrong. My gut tells me this kid "thought" he was helping. Helping who I don't know. Perhaps his sister? Perhaps the grandmother? I don't know but the comments from those who knew him just lead me to believe there is more to the story, and even though the path he took was the wrong one he may have not known a better path.

Odd that he was only in the seventh grade though.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Seems like a deleted scene from "The Crazies"

Or "Amityville Horror" if they were still sleeping...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

Originally posted by piddles
this is why you teach gun responsibility to children. Too many idiot kids who think all guns are just "pew pew", a big video game related joke.

do you think this child could have benefited from "never point a gun at someone, loaded or not"?

I think you may be on to something. I don't think it goes with this case, but I think in general you make a good point. Kids need to be taught responsibility abou many things and especialy about guns.

I remember when I was five I kept bugging my dad and uncle to let me shoot. To scare me and teach me the power of guns they let me shoot either a .357 or .44 magnum. One shot was all it took for me to realize real guns were nothing like my cap guns.

From the first time I was given a toy gun I was taught proper gun skills and responsibility. If I slipped up my toys were taken or I got a spanking. My dad taught me how to handle guns and the rules of gun safety. I never grabbed one of his guns and did anything I shouldn't. At times we had everything from military surplus sniper rifles to .32acp and .44 caliber black powder guns in the house.

I was taught gun safety and I new the consequences of improperly using a gun. I also was more afraid of what my dad would do that the cops. My dad never laid a hand on me out of anger and never abused me. Yet I still respected and feared his wrath if I royaly screwed up.

Plus accordin to professor John Lott of Yale School of Law of the fifteen states that enacted "safe storage" laws none of them saw a drop in juvenile suicides or juvenile accidental death. In other words after five years of living with the laws it was found that they do not prevent kids from being killed or killing theirself. I doubt it would help in a case like this. A kid determined to kill three family members will find a way.

Another problem in this world are not all parents are fit to be parents. Your dad sounds like he raised your responsibly regarding guns.I still believe a 14 year old doesn't need access to firearms.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

I missed that part? A 15 year old 7th grader is not "normal." Everything they are saying about him points to him being a normal 15 year old, but if he is in the 7th grade, he is not a normal 15 year old?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i get on here not to post or anything i just like to read conspiracies and if i were gonna attribute this to something it would have to beeeeee that one conspiracy or belief or w/e that says our physical bodies can be manipulated by things... unsure of what those are... and are supposedly in the government. which fits except with the recent gun control

the "things" are either aliens or humans in the government controlled by aliens

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yeah he should be a sophomore in high school, seems he had learning problems

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join