It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by _R4t_
Your arguments are weak, its like blaming the gun for the killing.

...my post to you had nothing to do with the thread topic... it was solely a response to your post condoning parents who use violence to teach discipline... imo, parents who discipline that way are not intelligent enough to think of a non-violent way or they're just too lazy...

...parent however you wish... lets not derail the thread with our differing views on that topic..

Don't bring intelligence in here my old man has a mensa membership... I might start a thread about that to argue a bit over how to punish kids...

edit on 22-1-2011 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
There was obviously "something" going on at home that we don't know about.. I am sick of all these murderers and gangbangers, with their parents saying "ohh he was such a good kid" blah. He obviously wasn't.

Deebo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I am just shocked by this tragedy , however i feel that the boy should not be blamed to too much...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
There was obviously "something" going on at home that we don't know about.. I am sick of all these murderers and gangbangers, with their parents saying "ohh he was such a good kid" blah. He obviously wasn't.

Deebo

Agreed man.... agreed... seems everyday that pass by this world gets a little bit crazier...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is a tragic story, and I have to agree with the individual that said that there was more going on than meets the eye. A boy just does not snap and kill his parents. That is not normal. But it does make me think of a couple of prophecies concerning the mental attitude of people during the last days:

(Matthew 24:12) and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.

and

(2 Timothy 3:1-3) . . .But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here...disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,  having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness...

All of these traits are growing at an unprecedented pace. The lack of love among people, their fierce, puffed up, headstrong attitude, their lack of love for what is good, their lack of self-control, all of it. It is everywhere. This attitude even permeates many of the people on this message board.

A sign of the times? Yes.

I have no doubt that even though all these attitudes exist in mankind today on a scale never before seen, that it is being driven by the wicked spirit rulers, or Satan and his demons. And that this boy NO doubt, NO DOUBT, listened to Heavy Metal music, it will be revealed that he did. He probably also was involved with drug use, and was NO DOUBT under demonic influence when he killed his parents.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by docjohnson9

He did not want to shoot it. And if he did not have a gun and wanted to kill someone, he would have found some other way.

Please deny ignorance. Guns are more likely to stop violence than not.

Like I said before, People kill People, but guns add an extra effeciency into the equation.

Lets say an homicidal maniac took a gun into a school, his kill effeciency would be much higher than any other chosen weapon. I will state it again, a gun is a want not a need. If it is a need for you, then I feel sorry for where you live.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
This is a tragic story, and I have to agree with the individual that said that there was more going on than meets the eye. A boy just does not snap and kill his parents. That is not normal. But it does make me think of a couple of prophecies concerning the mental attitude of people during the last days:

(Matthew 24:12) and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.

and

(2 Timothy 3:1-3) . . .But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here...disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,  having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness...

All of these traits are growing at an unprecedented pace. The lack of love among people, their fierce, puffed up, headstrong attitude, their lack of love for what is good, their lack of self-control, all of it. It is everywhere. This attitude even permeates many of the people on this message board.

I have no doubt that even though all these attitudes exist in mankind today on a scale never before seen, that it is being driven by the wicked spirit rulers, or Satan and his demons. And that this boy NO doubt, NO DOUBT, listened to Heavy Metal music, it will be revealed that he did. He probably also was involved with drug use, and was NO DOUBT under demonic influence when he killed his parents.

Sorry to rain on your party, but wow
, You gained all this information how? lol

I believe you are applying your assumptions without knowing full FACTs

edit on 22-1-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: adding a sentence

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by strato

Maybe.

This article here:articles.cnn.com...:CRIME

Makes it sound like the boy shot them while they slept.

Police entered the house to find Joe Robert Lankford, the boy's 44-year-old father, shot to death in his bed, Fisher said. They found Virginia Gaston, 83, dead in her bed, apparently from a gunshot wound, he said. Gaston is believed to be the boy's great-aunt, Fisher said.

Sleep walking? Nightmare? Crazy projected mind control from an unmarked van across the street?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Harrowing and horrifying.
This reads like something straight out of the Amityville horror!

Gun storage folks, if this kid had never had a gun before and didn't know safe handling etc, the gun ought to of been under lock and key.

The mind control aspect? Don't know, but if he was sleepwalking that's a whole different ball-game.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This is not mind control. This is a statement of the society that we live in. We do not know if this kid was on any of the numerous medications that is suppose to "help" our children behave or not. If some sort of abuse was involved, sexual or otherwise, then it is still a statement about our society. I like the post referencing video games and the influnence that they have on children. I think that this is a stong possibility. As the OP said, this is not about gun control, I had my first shotgun at 11, I didn't kill anyone. Niether did thousands of other kids that were introduced to guns at an early age.

I think that we need to look at what we are doing to our kids on so many levels. No dicipline at home or at school under the fear of going to jail or getting sued. And yes I will say it, no spirituallity in their lives. It will continue to get worse generation to generation. End of rant.
Seeashrink

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
For those of you touting the whole mind control theory or demonology/heavymetal, lets say your being lazy with your conclusions. Your making assumptions and do not know the full facts.

The only fact we do know is a 14 year old was in posession of the murder weapon, that in itself should tell you something. The rest will fall into place hopefully after the investigation.

I know they say keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

And like it's been said, if he met a sane man with a gun, he's be dead.

The only safe guard against a crazy man is having his same weapons in sane hands. Not a downgrade. And most certainly not banning his weapons. He'll find them.

Nope. Hitler himself said it quite well. The only way you can beat him is to become him. Similarly, the only way to beat a crazy man is to have his power in sane hands. There is no other way. There never has been. if the crazy man gets more efficient, then you get more efficient.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey

Originally posted by Calender

and

Sorry to rain on your party, but wow
, You gained all this information how? lol

I believe you are applying your assumptions without knowing full FACTs

edit on 22-1-2011 by CrazyMonkey because: adding a sentence

The assumptions, which is what they are, that this boy was involved with heavy metal music and drug use, comes from years of reading of young children his age doing these things. Without and exception they all had been involved with heavy metal music and drug use, the ones that I have studied, including the recent killing that had just gained a lot of attention on Tucson, AZ, the two kids that killed the people at Columbine High School, in Littleton, CO, among others. It is a pattern. It is such a blatant pattern, that very very rarely will I make an assumption as this, but it seems so clear as to be quite obvious even though it has not yet been revealed. This young child did listen to heavy metal music, and was almost assuredly using drugs. I have no doubt that in a couple of days this will be vindicated.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

For those of you touting the whole mind control theory or demonology/heavymetal, lets say your being lazy with your conclusions. Your making assumptions and do not know the full facts.

That's why I stated that I would need much more information to satisfy the therapist aspect of me. However, the patterns are in the numbers.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
When I was 13, I was a bad kid. A bad girl. I wound up in a youth devolopment center, where I met a young man by the name of Kim. He was 12. He had murdered his parents, taken his dog and his dad's truck, went to the ATM and withdrew a few hundred dollars and split the scene. Kim didn't mind talking about it to us, his peers, but we all also knew his official story to the police, that he didn't know who did it, he took off because he was scared he was going to be killed. He was in the center 'for his own protection'. He was very manipulating, calculative, and boastful. He told us he knew he wouldn't get caught, and if he did he was a juvie, they wouldn't lock him away, no way. He also told us he did it because his parents had denied him a ride to the mall.
He appeared to most to be pretty normal on the outside, he was a pool player from hell, he won every game he played, he was the same at playing cards. A straight A student, honor roll, he was very smart. His wealthy parents were trying to instill some values in his spoiled life when this happened, he knew that, but he wasn't mentally stable. We got to see firsthand one day how quickly he could go from charming and likeable to total phsycotic in seconds. He nearly killed a boy at the center, choking him with a pool stick, on the floor. I will never forget the look on his face while he was doing it. Pure lust for what he was doing.
Age is just a number, and we all know that there is plenty of fuel these days for kids fires, they are bombarded with images of murder and mayhem daily, even given the right to simulate all forms of death and murder on video games. This kid said "I don't know', you can bet, because his real reason is incredibly selfish and stupid and he isn't ready to admit it, just like Kim.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Interesting post, I have heard that the Hungerford killer and possibly the Dunblane killer were on anti-depressants also...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
in my opinion, it is as they say, his cross to bare. It is harder to live than it is to die.

I feel for this child, and fear that this child has truly chosen a path that he will have no friend. I imagine that the lack of compassion or companionship led to this sad act.

Now, I am not dismissing the lives taken. He will suffer long past this life for that. However, even with this dissapointing act, I imagine those past would not have their son and grandson live life the way he certainly will. Especially with the knowing he will find no peace here.

It is possible that i am wrong , and the boy was a worthless piece of garbage. I dont think anyone will ever look to see now.

Sad, no matter how you view it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

"Where's his mother?"
I was wondering that too. This is a major factor left unaddressed. It is a loaded factor.

Police previously had responded to "insignificant incidents in and around the house," Fisher said, but "nothing directly associated with or related to that family in particular."

WHAT does that mean? "Insignificant incidents in and around the house"...IN the house but not directly associated with the family...???? Everyone is talking around something.

Looking at the photos of the family the first thing I noticed was the advanced age of everyone
compared to a 7th grader. This may or may not have some bearing on the situation. He lived
in the South, in a small town. Probably most of the men hunt, as do the boys. The neighbor
whose son he had been with earlier seemed flabbergasted and had nothing bad to say about
the boy. The boy rode his bike home.

Did he get home with everyone asleep? Or was everyone going to bed?

We are given nothing but we see the photos of 3 adults he killed. He did not shoot
them from behind.
He shot them in the face...

he could see them when he pulled the trigger. Afterward, he abandoned the
rifle on the table...it had done the job.

He is 14. Did someone state he was in 7th grade? At 14 he should be in 9th
grade. Was he held back in school? If so, what was the reason.

What were the "insignificant incidences" that compelled the arrival of police several
times to go into the house?

In the South, things are often left unsaid, especially when they concern friends or family.

Just wondering...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Very peculiar to say the least, what a complete and utter tragedy.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Kids are getting too many drugs as it is these days...besides
wierd side effects behavorially, the drugs cause problems
with livers and kidneys and stunt growth..can't be good.
Only if the kids need the drug to live, then it makes sense.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ArcheoAstronomer

In the South, things are often left unsaid, especially when they concern friends or family

Are you from the south? I am and this is not the way I have experienced the south my entire life. Is it your friends and family that act this way, if you are from the south, that lead you to believe that all southerners behave this way? Many southerners pride themselves on being outspoken about things that many people would tip-toe around. Also, being from the south doesn't automatically qualify you as a hunter. Believe it or not many folks in the south do not own weapons and have never seen a hunting reserve first-hand.

Many people in the south do hunt, but no more than in the west, mid-west, great north, or New England areas.

I don't believe these things may have as much influence as you might think.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join