It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is Not All That Bad...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
For nearly two millennia, the Bible has been the cardinal text for Judaism and Christianity. Its stories and characters are part of both the repertoire of Western literature and the vocabulary of educated women and men. It is, however more than a collection of ancient tales. Even before a canonical list of books considered sacred scripture or holy writ was established, the writings we now call the Bible were considered normative: they laid now the essential principles of how human beings should deal with God and with each other.

Although I don’t abide by the laws within the Bible, I’ve spent a large proportion of my life reading it...and learning from it.

I always see bigotry and hatred within this forum, but for once...strip yourself of your views on religion and just see the positive things about it...even for a few moments.

Think about it...here’s just a small few to consider:

Love each other...be kind and caring.

Get rid of this racism..and prejudice towards others....(very famous parable of the Good Samaritan.)

Forgiving others..

To stop being so greedy as it usually leads to bad consequences...(some people are just lucky and get away with it...but I believe in karma and it'll get back to them...)

And look at Exodus 20...

Overlook the first 5 and concentrate on the last 5...they to me look very familiar to some of our laws in society...and why not? They remind me of principles and values which we hope to have.

Sure the Bible has a lot of misconceptions, contradictions and attitudes which many are against today....but look at just a few of the teachings..they spread goodness.

The Bible’s not that bad

This is probably not going to go down well but oh well.
Just a few thoughts that came to mind..

(Sorry about the large images)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
"The Bible’s not that bad"

of course its not that bad when you just look at the cute quotes , but what about the bible verses they don't want you to know about?

www.evilbible.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
There's good and bad in everything. That's the point the OP is getting across. He realizes there are less wholesome bible verses.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have never actually read the bible and if any of my grandparents ever found out, I’m dead!

But I do appreciate the book and the religion. I see it as the cornerstone of Western culture and society. Most founders of current Western ideals of Liberty, Constitution, and Republicanism were founded by adherents of Christianity. The ‘separation of church and state’ like the Secularists love to preach about was founded by a non-Christian, Jefferson, but was supported heavily by Christians during America’s founding.

For Westerners to reject Christianity they are rejecting everything in their past. For them to criticize Christianity and not the adherents it’s the same as criticizing them for every fault of their government. It’s irrational and biased.

The way I see religion, all religions, are a way to a higher truth revealed to the people of that time and place for a reason. There is no Christian God or Muslim God, there is just a higher force which, as I said, was revealed in a manner that would best help those people to understand god, whatever form god might be.

With that the religion then defines the culture and any society that rejects its religion rejects its culture.

And to me culture is important, it’s also important to keep culture strong and separated, not in a racist way but in the sense that cultures are like the different colors in a painting. You keep the colors separate so that the painting looks great, it has greatness and diversity. But if you mix culture (paint colors) what do you get? Just one giant sheet of smeared colors and that doesn’t look very good does it?

How does this relate to the bible? Well the bible is the foundation of all Western culture and civilization. Destroy Christianity and you destroy the culture and civilization in the process. The bible has the founding principles of English Common Law. It makes no sense to try and reject the foundation of your culture, society, and law as garbage.

The Bible is more than just about god, it’s about morals, principles, and guidelines for living a happy, fulfilling, and moral life.

Thank you, BP, for creating this thread. S+F

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Well yes, you can cherry pick which ever bits you like that are nice and good.... that's fine.
And there is a lot of positive stuff in there, some great moral messages and so on.

But there's also some horrible stuff and some very bad stuff.

No the Bible's not that bad, but then It's not that good either.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
There's good and bad in everything. That's the point the OP is getting across. He realizes there are less wholesome bible verses.

Just like hitler right ? He had great goals for his country and certain type of people right ?

Secondly the bible is allegedly inspired by god . When you look at the evil bible verses you can easily see why god would never inspire such inhumanity . If he did inspire it , then its a god i would never want to worship and he can take his holy justice and goodness and shove it where the sun don't shine. A god of double standards is a moral oxymoron

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yeah, I will agree, not that bad....but! The only really bad thing is a lot of people believe it is the actual words of their God, and it most certainly is not. It is a collection of stories, myths, and lies that has been changed so many times it is hard to see any truth in there anymore. The Old Testament was ripped directly from the Sumerian stories, the Epic, for one, and the New Testament was authored by the Roman Piso family.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I don't like your link. They purposefully don't explain a situation in order to only present one side of looking at the situation. Frankly, as someone who has studied the Bible objectively, I find this website laughable (as I do most of the others that post things like this). You won't agree, more than likely (which is fine), but you are viewing things from a very human perspective. I know it's hard to swallow, but the Bible teaches that there is no good in us apart from God. If that is the case, then all of the things this website point towards were justified. For instance, take evilbible.com's analysis of 1st Chronicles chapter 21. This is a direct quote from the site you posted(also happens to be their very first example, oh my how it sets the tone for this whole site's propaganda):

Yahweh spoke to Gad, David's seer, saying, Go and speak to David, saying, Thus says Yahweh, I offer you three things: choose you one of them, that I may do it to you. So Gad came to David, and said to him, Thus says Yahweh, Take which you will: either three years of famine; or three months to be consumed before your foes, while the sword of your enemies overtakes you; or else three days the sword of Yahweh, even pestilence in the land, and the angel of Yahweh destroying throughout all the borders of Israel. Now therefore consider what answer I shall return to him who sent me. David said to Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall, I pray, into the hand of Yahweh; for very great are his mercies: and let me not fall into the hand of man. So Yahweh sent a pestilence on Israel; and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men. (1 Chronicles 21:9-14 WEB)

That sounds pretty terrible. I mean, for God to just up and decide to kill 70,000 people just because David wanted a census of his kingdom? The shame, the shame....wait a sec? What's that we have here? Hmmmm... If you read the whole chapter, you just might notice this little bit at the beginning....

1st Chron 21
1 And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel. 2 And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it. 3 And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel? 4 Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem. 5 And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword. 6 But Levi and Benjamin counted he not among them: for the king's word was abominable to Joab. 7 And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.

Ok....interesting. Here it says that the devil tempted David, and he gave in to that temptation.This points to the fact that David's reason for the census was something less than righteous. Wonder how David felt about this?
Let's see, shall we?

1st Chron again:
8 And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

So now David admits that he has done wrong in the sight of the Lord, and wishes for God to forgive his iniquities. But you wouldn't get that if you just read evilbible.com's version of the events, now would you? Many people accuse us Christians of following blindly, doing what we are told, etc. What are you doing? You just accept this website as proof or evidence that the Bible is evil without any research into the topics? You're probably thinking I cherry picked this too. Here's another one for you, my friend. From YOUR website.

At the customary time for offering the evening sacrifice, Elijah the prophet walked up to the altar and prayed, "O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, prove today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant. Prove that I have done all this at your command. O LORD, answer me! Answer me so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God and that you have brought them back to yourself." Immediately the fire of the LORD flashed down from heaven and burned up the young bull, the wood, the stones, and the dust. It even licked up all the water in the ditch! And when the people saw it, they fell on their faces and cried out, "The LORD is God! The LORD is God!" Then Elijah commanded, "Seize all the prophets of Baal. Don't let a single one escape!" So the people seized them all, and Elijah took them down to the Kishon Valley and killed them there. (1 Kings 18:36-40 NLT)

Here we have Elijah the Prophet, who has interrupted the peaceful worship of some very kind, and wonderful people and prophets who follow the fake god Baal. Right? I mean that is what it looks like, religious intolerance right? Let's look a little closer, shall we? For the background on this deal, we have to go back in time just a little bit further, to the 16th chapter of 1st Kings.

29 And in the thirty and eighth year of Asa king of Judah began Ahab the son of Omri to reign over Israel: and Ahab the son of Omri reigned over Israel in Samaria twenty and two years. 30 And Ahab the son of Omri did evil in the sight of the LORD above all that were before him. 31 And it came to pass, as if it had been a light thing for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, that he took to wife Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him. 32 And he reared up an altar for Baal in the house of Baal, which he had built in Samaria. 33 And Ahab made a grove; and Ahab did more to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

Now in Chapter 17 (forgive my paraphrasing, feel free to read the whole chapters if you like, but it's not necessary for my points)
1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

Here God promises no moisture for years, and if you read further He delivers. Now we're getting to the point, Chapter 18:
And it came to pass after many days, that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, Go, shew thyself unto Ahab; and I will send rain upon the earth. 2 And Elijah went to shew himself unto Ahab.

Now we get to the main event so to speak. (also in Chapter 18)
17 And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel? 18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim. 19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table. 20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel. 21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word. 22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men. 23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: 24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken. 25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under. 26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made. 27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. 28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them. 29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded. 30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down. 31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name: 32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed. 33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood. 34 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time. 35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water. 36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. 37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. 38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. 39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God. 40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there. 41 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.

So here we have God showing that He is the one true God, with an absolute display of authority. Doing the impossible. AH! Man...I just thought God decided to kill those false prophets because they wasted a good bull carcass. Who ever would have thought that they had been leading God's people astray? Certainly not anyone who only read what your link had to say about it. Just as Christians who mass post things with out research end up looking like fools, so do the "educated" non christians, whether they be atheist, muslim, agnostic, gnostic, whatever. All I'm saying is that in order to "deny ignorance", one must get both sides of a story. It doesn't do anyone any good when we post sensationalist material. I mean no harm, and no offense in any of this. Let's get one thing clear though: This website is biased.
edit on 21-1-2011 by one_man24 because: typos and clarity

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Is it not possible that both the Sumerian Flood legend, and the Biblical account, came from the same original source? And further than that, is it not possible that if the whole thing is true, the Biblical account is the more accurate of the two? Couldn't the Sumerian accounts be the non believer's side of the story? There was more around at the time than just Ancient Sumaria, ya know.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot

She...

reply to post by blupblup

I see you got the angel back! Wahaay

I pointed that out...there's a lot of bad stuff about the Bible...but viewing it not based on religious terms...it teaches us a lot about leading a moral life.

Thing is...your considering the aspect of God...I'm saying if someone took all the concepts about God out of that book...it'll teach us a lot

reply to post by Misoir

Why Pickle, you summed it up amazingly.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by one_man24

Yes, it is not only plausible, I take it for factual. Much research on the origins of the Bible shows plagiarism from many different sources, and a sinister agenda in place too. Also, what we know today as the Bible has been altered and changed many times over, so who is to know what the original message was? And one more thing: Sumeria is the oldest civilization in the world, long before any biblical texts were written. The Sumerians knew who their Gods were, they saw them on a semi daily occurrence. These stories were labeled "false," and "fiction," and "myths," while the Priests took the stories, changed a few things, and made in canonized Biblical teachings.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
I pointed that out...there's a lot of bad stuff about the Bible...but viewing it not based on religious terms...it teaches us a lot about leading a moral life.

Thing is...your considering the aspect of God...I'm saying if someone took all the concepts about God out of that book...it'll teach us a lot

Yeah don't really wanna get into it.... but it wont teach us much.

The Bible is a vile book.... full of incest, murder, rape and adultery, among other things.

Yes there are some nice things in there and some good rules and so on.... but people know these things anyway.

Morals existed way before the Bible.... people know how to behave and how to love... we don't need the bible to tell us.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

" What are you doing? You just accept this website as proof or evidence that the Bible is evil without any research into the topics? You're probably thinking "

who said anything about accepting it as proof my good man ? Without any reserach into it ? hese are to assumptions you just made out your christian bum bum .... Don' be so quick to judge .

I know about the good verses in the bible , i also know there are many more with contradictions . I don't understand why you would assume "god" the creator would make mistakes ? Why would he contradict him self in his holy book? some verses in the bible really make you question god , his intentions. But you still disrespect god by attirubing this broken telephone book called the bible ? Those verse are just a small fractional example of why the bible could no be inspired by god . Sure maybe some bits here and there like he good verses at op . But what abou the contradicary? the ani-science ? the silly dogma? and still say its inspired by god . If this isnt the biggest direspect of a god . Espically partnering him with jesus of all people i don' know what is. But if you wanna chat more u2u me pal

The op gave examples of the "bible" goodness .... and then i replied with a few quotes that make you go

The bible has already been through the shredder many times over and over again . By many credited people who have dont the extensive break down of it e.i deedat , even my former christians them selfs. I really don't wan to get into the verses interpertation , We would be past beating the dead horse hes at its corpse he maggots eating him and here we are standing on top of i going one more time question mark. lol . You see it as rational i see it as sugar coating/excuses. Because most christians i've talked too... don't even know about these verses. Of course you can twist bend squeeze squash pull strech it in so many ways just depends what glasses you have on . But if you really wanna talk abou it in not a presumtious manner i would be happy to u2u pal.

edit on 21-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Hitler made a country prosperous didn't he?
He did a lot of good for Germany, he did a lot of bad.
The point is that he wasn't completely bad.

I would expect more out of someone who says the things you've implied about religion in this thread. I would expect someone who doesn't see the world in good and evil, instead of proportions and balances.

Most bible verses that get taken as evil are taken out of context. AND the bible was written by men. I'm not of the opinion that God was telling people "YO DUDE, write what I say here!"
Nah, written by men, edited by men, translated by men, compiled by men.
If that means it's no longer a sacred book, then so be it. That's just not this argument.

ALSO
sorry op, wasn't paying attention

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

"Just like hitler right ? He had great goals for his country and certain type of people right ?"

Tha was the original quote......... He had great goals for his counry and certain type of people ... what did you miss ? Im saying he had good and bad .....

"Nah, written by men, edited by men, translated by men, compiled by men.
If that means it's no longer a sacred book, then so be it. That's just not this argument."

There are far to many examples of philosophical problems with the bible with contradictions evil verses ... sure you can say 1 2 5 10 are out of context but there are far more then that . I simply ask does god run out of words ? Does he run out of wisdom? Does he run out of inspiration? Why make your book so complicated where you clearly have inspired some nastyness yet your followers have a 100 ways to strech pull twist and call it out of context . Obviously this is the broken work of man kind . I would imagine God would make the book easy to understand for mankind . But it has all hese twists and turns and out of context and clearly writen examples of some shock and awe stuff. How can you call this book sacred with so many problems with it .

Honestly if god was behind this divine inspiration known as the bible . I would ask him why its so flawed broken contradictary metaphors , literal . is all a giant mess. We all know whos good at making giant messes Humans! lol. How much of the bible mythology is sumerian ? Do you really think the things in the bible are original stories . There are so many examples of why this book cannot be he work of an all mighty . but a few small mightys like he council of nicia spanish inquisition etc... edit , translate , context , remove ,... this book has been through so much abuse .. so many hands .. so many evil evil hands, that what it is today is not even up to basic let in kindergarden standard for accuracy. I know how much you want to be divine but there are many promises that the bible already breaks . But of course when i quote something its out of context and im sure you'll give me your version of "reality " lol . The bible simply cannot be the word of god , he would be one very flawed broken god. Maybe once upon a time it was but after man got his dirty little hands on it then you know what happens .
edit on 21-1-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

"So here we have God showing that He is the one true God, with an absolute display of authority. Doing the impossible. AH! Man..."

lol no we don't do you see how your dillusional wants to hook onto this so bad ? we could sit down debate for hours and hours and hours, but it will be in one ear out the other . LIke this other christian i was talking to the other day . Contradictary quotes but of course he sugar coats it to make it seem not so bad lol . , your reason and logic just like the debates that happen on insitutionas schools tv documents etc the reason and logic speak against the bible . Why do you wanna keep beating this dead horse then turn your head in ignorance and pretend like you understood God?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Its also not all good

“I will corrupt your seed and
spread dung upon your faces!”
Mala 2:3

"Take all the heads of the people
and hang them up before the Lord
against the sun.” -- Numbers 25:4

“The Lord is a man of War!”
Exodus 15:3

"...They shall fall by the sword:
their infants shall be dashed in
pieces, and their women with child
(pregnant) shall be ripped up!"
-- Hosea 13:16

"Their children shall be dashed
to pieces before their eyes!
There houses spoiled, and their
wives raped...Dash the young men
to pieces...have no pity on the
fruit of the womb, the children
shall not be spared"
-- Isa 13:16-18

“Happy shall he be, that taketh
and dasheth thy little ones against
the stones.” --Psalms 137:9

edit on 22-1-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Can you explain some of these things to me? I see a lot of opinion in your post, but not much evidence to back it up. I also don't see it as explaining it away. I see it as looking at things in context. For instance, when viewing only the excerpts(sp?) of the passages that were on the website, one would certaily get the image of a not so nice God. But when viewed in context, both had reasonable explanations. This is a perfect example of skewing the facts to fit your story. You could say I'm brainwashed or biased, but I don't feel that I am either. I have weighed my beliefs, just as you have, and have found them to be sound. I'm comfortable with my beleif that the Bible is the divinely inspired word of God, and I know about a lot of those "bad" verses . For example, in the Old Testament God commands the Children of Israel to build the ark of the covenant. After doing so, His presence dwells within (according to Him), and He commands them not to touch it lest they die (He was warning them, His glory couldn't abide their sin). Now when the Israelites were crossing the Jordan, carrying the A of the C on wooden poles (so they wouldn't die), one/some of the bearers stumbled and were possibly going to drop the Ark. One man reached up and braced it in order to save it, and instantly was struck dead. I always felt this was extremely unfair. I mean, He was attempting to save the Ark! It wasn't like He had purposeful intentions to disobey God. As I got older, I learned that we tend to look at events from our own human perspective. In this case, I thought it was a good and righteous act (almost a martyr maybe, giving his life to save the Ark). But if you look at things from God's perspective, the man disobeyed the direct command of God. Now feel free to flame me for this, but I truly belive this world is sinful and sick. I also believe the only reason that people appear to be good at times is because God left part of Himself in every one of us (I am not gnostic, and I dno't believe we are all God, or going to be God's, I'm talking about God making us in His own image, and putting His law on our hearts, IE morals). I am sorry for being quick to judge, and for being presumptuous. I didn't mean to come across as either of those, but I guess I am just passionate. I felt like your website was biased, and full of non christian propaganda. For balance, here is some Christian propaganda. It happens on both sides.

pleated-jeans.com...

Some of these are just plain awful! But back to the topic.... You are saying a lot of things about the Bible being a mess, full of contradictions, God's failure to properly communicate in a coherent manner.....can you provide me with some evidence, with explanation please? IE, Not just a link. And if you think it's necessary to have a private conversation so that you and I don't derail this thread, feel free to U2U me. I've friended you! Hope you don't mind.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Did you read my post before you cherry picked those quotes from the Bible?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

And I don't pretend to understand God. I don't. Does anyone? I don't pretend that I know who's going to heaven, hell... cuz I don't (and only God can judge)! Does anyone really know? But I do know the Bible. I have studied it all my life, and I have reasearched other opinions. I'm not sugar coating anything, and I'm not embarassed of the Bible. Have you heard this story before? I'll warn you though, it's a bit gruesome.

bibleontheweb.com...

Sorry, for those of you interested you'll have to look up Judges Chapter 19. I couldn't get the link to work. It's very interesting, but it's very awful. Point is, I don't sugar coat. I know there are some subjects in the Bible that aren't very palatable, but there is an explanation for everything. And just because the Bible records it, doesn't mean that God agreed with what was done. The Bible is a history book, a message to a chosen people, a law book, a geneological record, and an attempt by God to reach us, in addition to a guide to life.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join