It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Has Bulged as Magma Pocket Swells

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

But beginning in 2004, scientists saw the ground above the caldera rise upward at rates as high as 2.8 inches (7 centimeters) a year. (Related: "Yellowstone Is Rising on Swollen 'Supervolcano.'") The rate slowed between 2007 and 2010 to a centimeter a year or less. Still, since the start of the swelling, ground levels over the volcano have been raised by as much as 10 inches (25 centimeters) in places. "It's an extraordinary uplift, because it covers such a large area and the rates are so high," said the University of Utah's Bob Smith, a longtime expert in Yellowstone's volcanism.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

can someone that understand these things tell me is that a regualr thing. Yelowstone is one the big boys and if it goes im sure the whole world will no about it. It probably wont blow.. but the magma has raised the ground a lot over a very big area.

Some places saw the ground rise by ten inches, experts report

What would happen if it did blow, I am presuming there would be a change in weather patterns and climate, mass destruction of crops and death over a large area...

kx

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The apocalypse...

2nd

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
First things first, this was posted 2 days ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second, this is not news. It has, in fact, been visible on the YVO website in their status updates. And, as your link says, the uplift slowed and pretty much stopped.

So nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Images of that movie 2012 flash in my mind.

Thats a lot of movement in a short space of time. logically, if it blew up:

1. Ash clouds far ranging.
2. Air traffic over the US (probably even further reaching like canada, mexica) will be at a standstill, like what happened in europe last year.
3. Crops would be lost to ash. Food shortages.
4. As the ash clouds block out the Sun, temperatures will fall and we will experience a volcanic winter.

Let's hope it stays quiet for a few more centuries

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
if this bad boy went off i guess it would slow or speed the spin of the earth up too....

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
We have an ongoing Yellowstone thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post all the Yellowstone research, new data and opinions there.

Closed.

top topics

join