It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Wakefield: "I've not said "Don't get vaccinated". I strongly advocate...single vaccines"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I am posting this because with all the media discrimination against Wakefield, it is easy to be led into believing that Wakefield is anti-vaccine, as I believed, but upon closer inspection, Wakefield is telling parents to be educated rather than be anti-vaccine.

Dr. Wakefield:

Ralph Nader was for safer cars .. he wasn't anti-cars. I am not anti-vaccine .. the vaccine strategy .. the vaccine policy in this country is not safe .. the safety has never been proven.
www.ageofautism.com...

As a parent, I was worried about the CDC's vaccine schedule and what I thought was overdosing, especially a vaccine the day the child is born (Hepatitis B). By two months of age the CDC wants babies to have six vaccines. As a skeptic of the "mainstream" I wanted to not give my child any vaccines, but my wife is a little more level headed then me at times so we went with a relaxed vaccine schedule. Still, I was worried, and thought that no vaccines were the way to go, assuming that people like Dr. Wakefield would agree. Much to my surprise, the "anti-vaccine" label was a false term applied to Wakefield in order to discredit him and make him seem like he is against all vaccines, period. So, FYI, since this is breaking news for me, I would just like to share the information that Wakefield himself says he is not anti-vaccine, but wants safety first. In addition, his research rests solely on the MMR vaccine, not whooping cough, as some parents assumed and didn't get their child the whooping cough vaccine because they thought Wakefield was anti-vaccine.

Wakefield:

they should look at both sides of the argument .. because .. believe me ... there are two sides to the argument. Read .. get information .. talk to a sympathetic pediatrician and then .. based upon the science .. the good solid science .. make a decision.

www.ageofautism.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's dangerous territory to tread. There is a problem with the US vaccination program, all you need to do is look at the numbers of vaccines most other countries are giving, the US has gone overboard. Certain vaccines are useless and necessary, some are questionable and contain adjuvents that are possibly more dangerous than the disease they attempt to vaccinate against.

The big problem is the mis and dis information on this subject. If you place a story in enough places on the internet, and people get it from enough sources, it becomes true for them. Most people that are concerned, like myself, urge caution and research. We advise people to ASK their doctor about these things, and to also understand most doctors aren't following case studies on these vaccines, they just give them assuming they are safe.

Well done posting this info hopefully the right people will READ it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishybongwaters
There is a problem with the US vaccination program, all you need to do is look at the numbers of vaccines most other countries are giving, the US has gone overboard.

I agree, I was very disturbed with the notion of giving a new born baby (not even a day old) a vaccine. I also think I have changed my stance slightly towards vaccines, in that maybe they are not completely bad, but maybe have some portion of good to them, however the CDC schedule seems like an over-medication, a "too much of a good thing" which could be dangerous. It is also interesting to note that Dr. Wakefield does not specifically say vaccines cause autism, seems like his opponents are trying to make him seem like an absolutist in his regard to vaccines.

Wakefield

Are vaccines linked to autism? I don't know ..

www.ageofautism.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by filosophia because: added a quote

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Nice find. I personally, do not vaccinate my child although I'm open to the possibility of an alternative schedule as long as the medicine is actually proven to do what it promises to do safely. This is where the logic in vaccinating breaks down to me, since the doctors and companies behind the vaccines aren't liable for any side-effects, blatantly refuse to investigate any correlations between side-effects and vaccines, and ultimately refuse to assure immunization. Remember, vaccination doesn't equal immunization. Regardless, you did the right thing in my opinion being skeptical and at the very least reducing the amount of toxins being introduced to your child at any given time, but hey, I'm not a doctor so I know my opinion holds no merit.

As a side note I just want to say this to the "doctors" that will undoubtedly be posting on this thread. To me, you are no different than an auto mechanic. They spend years becoming familiar with the various intricate systems of automobiles as you do human beings. They, after being certified, then begin a business which for some reason is what you call a practice. Both of you diagnose problems, recommend procedures, and mechanics actually do surgery where most doctors don't. NOBODY seems to trust the local mechanics any further than they can be thrown because virtually everyone has been screwed over or at least known someone that has been screwed over by a mechanic, because in the end the mechanic realizes that they can make more money by treating or even creating certain problems rather than actually fixing them. Why are you any different? When you finally graduate med school you are $250k or more in debt and have an immediate need to start making large amounts of money just to break even. No doubt you will say that the human body is much more complicated than a car, you have to be more intelligent to be a doctor, etc. If that is so, then fix my car.
edit on 1/21/2011 by budaruskie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Andrew Wakefield's study has been called an elaborate fraud. How elaborate could it really be? Who is more likely to be elaborate? The government and vaccine companies making millions off vaccines, or one researcher? And then they have the tenacity to say Wakefield is doing it for profits. Oh my, the red flags are waving in my mind. And now that I heard from the horse's mouth that Wakefield does not even believe vaccines cause autism, it sounds like they are accusing him of being an anti-vaccine extremist when he strongly advocates the use of single vaccines or relaxed vaccine schedules.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
If the medical community cannot work this out how is a parent suppose to? The evidence is clear and simple when long term studies are performed between the vaccinated and unvaccinated. Why is there such reluctance or difficulty to compile and present this evidence? Either a vaccination provides more benefit than cost to a community or it does not.

For a long time I was a supporter for vaccinations and was getting a little skeptical about the yearly flu shots from some reports. When looking at the long term data I become a lot more skeptical about vaccinations in general and concerned by a lack of investigation undertaken by the medial community. www.abovetopsecret.com... . There is still a lot that is unknown about the immune system and other interactions with the body and environment. With money over ridding integrity with some science there have been a lot of conflicts of interest introduced into the system and a proper understanding it what is suffering.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join