It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Tony Blair Resigning?!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I just found this article on the daily mail uk website about Tony Blair preparing for possible resignation!

www.dailymail.co.uk...





posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Do you know if this is a reputable publication in England?? I did read the BBC said Blair was considering this months ago. If this happens, what does it mean? Isn't he up for re-election as well - a bit odd to resign unless something big is coming out.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDog
Do you know if this is a reputable publication in England?? I did read the BBC said Blair was considering this months ago. If this happens, what does it mean? Isn't he up for re-election as well - a bit odd to resign unless something big is coming out.


Yeah its a broad sheet i think, which in most cases are pretty reputable



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Cattlespy, I wouldn't be suprised.
But I can't see it happening during W's election camp', unless he has
bigger coconuts than Bush. They are both 'flogging a dead horse'
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sanc'.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The Daily Mail isn't a broadsheet, it's a right-wing gutter tabloid with delusions of grandeur.

The "Blair resigning" story has been bubbling around for a while now, and was laid to rest this week after a BBC report said that he'd decided not to resign, following the advice of four of his cabinet ministers.

The reason for the speculation is that Blair and his government are about to be roasted over the oh-so-shocking absence of WMDs in Iraq, and Blair's right-hand-man Gordon Brown has been eyeing the Prime Minister's job for the last fifteen years.

My guess? Depending on how damaging the Butler report is, Blair will either go in the early autumn, leaving Brown with a clear run to the general election next year, or he'll resign immediately following the election, whatever the result is.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
New speulation is that Blair is going to resign after the Butler report comes out.. which doesnt seem too improbable now... Read the exclusive I posted in ATSNN



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If Blair does resign, it'll signal a death knell for Bush's reelection... as the two 'leaders' have been solidly in the same camp regarding Iraq until all the news came out about faulty intelligence....

It's gotta be hard to go from being cheered on and beloved to being just plain villified... oh, how the mighty have fallen


Anyway, the mentality of the terrorists isn't going to be swayed by who is elected from here on out... it's become a full on war between the ways of the West and the fundamentalist beliefs of the terrorists


Oops... just took a peek at the link to your previous thread... didn't realize you'd beat me to the 'punch' as the article in the Daily Mail was posted today...



[edit on 11-7-2004 by Cattlespy]

[edit on 11-7-2004 by Cattlespy]



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Blair will resign because he doesn't want to effect Labours election campaign next year. Its likely that blair will step down before the election and Gordon Brown will probably take over as party leader.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If Blair does resign, I wouldn't expect it to be until after the US presidential elections. Brown won't want to sully his reputation having to deal with Bush, unless he wins another term. Any public support for Bush, even within the context of the "special relationship" and the war, will damage Brown in the eyes of the electorate.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cattlespy
It's gotta be hard to go from being cheered on and beloved to being just plain villified... oh, how the mighty have fallen

Anyway, the mentality of the terrorists isn't going to be swayed by who is elected from here on out... it's become a full on war between the ways of the West and the fundamentalist beliefs of the terrorists :
[edit on 11-7-2004 by Cattlespy]
[edit on 11-7-2004 by Cattlespy]



You just 'hit the nail on the head'!


Sanc'.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
The Daily Mail isn't a broadsheet, it's a right-wing gutter tabloid with delusions of grandeur.

The "Blair resigning" story has been bubbling around for a while now, and was laid to rest this week after a BBC report said that he'd decided not to resign, following the advice of four of his cabinet ministers.

The reason for the speculation is that Blair and his government are about to be roasted over the oh-so-shocking absence of WMDs in Iraq, and Blair's right-hand-man Gordon Brown has been eyeing the Prime Minister's job for the last fifteen years.

My guess? Depending on how damaging the Butler report is, Blair will either go in the early autumn, leaving Brown with a clear run to the general election next year, or he'll resign immediately following the election, whatever the result is.


Oops, my bad! The Daily Telegraphs the broad sheet aint it?



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be good if Balir resigned? He's an idiot...like Bush.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuey1221
Oops, my bad! The Daily Telegraphs the broad sheet aint it?


Yup, the Telegraph is the up-market equivalent of the Daily Mail. It's filled with pretty much the same kind of mean-spirited right-wing rants.


Originally posted by AD5673
Wouldn't it be good if Balir resigned? He's an idiot...like Bush.


Unfortunately, Blair isn't an idiot. At the risk of paraphrasing Michael Moore, the problem was always that, while Dubya is a walking advert for eugenics, Blair is actually very intelligent. What that means, unfortunately, is that Bush can be forgiven because - let's face it - he just wasn't too sure what was going on, and the intelligence reports were full of really long words that Dick or Donny had to read to him and Saddam had to be bad because Daddy told him....

Blair, on the other hand, should have known better.

I hope he doesn't resign. I hope he's still at the helm when the British people show their displeasure come the next election.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Wouldn't it be good if Balir resigned? He's an idiot...like Bush.


Blair is a well educated person, unlike your president



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Blair will resign because he doesn't want to effect Labours election campaign next year.


Blair doesn't give a
for the Labour party (or Britain for that matter). All he's concerned with is his own power and the chance of becoming EU President. If he does resign it will be because he is forced to do so, rather than for any public-spirited reason.

Personally, I'd like to see him strung up like the traitor he is.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i would like blair gone because (to give him the benefit of the doubt) he messed up in an horrendous way & the consequences of that will go on for a long, long time, not to mention all the innocent lives lost.

i think the saddest thing in politics nowadays is there is no honour & no sense of responsibilty, nor it seems, accountability. politicians are PUBLIC SERVANTS. if as an employee you were responsible for screwing up your company big time because you didnt do your job properly, you would not be allowed to stay there & say "well i thought of resigning but...."

sadly, i do not think he will resign



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join