It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona lawmakers back governor on Medicaid waiver~remove 300,000 people from Medicaid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If you or a loved one is on medicaid you should get your health issues taken care of asap before it is too late. I'm thinking most states will take the same path due to all the deficits.

PHOENIX – The Arizona Legislature on Thursday authorized Republican Gov. Jan Brewer to seek a federal waiver allowing the cash-short state to temporarily remove nearly 300,000 people from its Medicaid rolls in the first such request by a state.....

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AiO37Fh_LIzqwcbeNtrNejKs0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'NtYWxrYjNqBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMTIxL3 VzX21lZGljYWlkX3dhaXZlcgRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzUEcG9zAzIEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNhcml6b25hbGF3bWE-

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
sounds fair enough to me.

The change would reduce enrollment in the state's Medicaid program, formally known as the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, by about a fifth. The bulk of those who would lose coverage are all non-pregnant, non-disabled, childless adults and also parents with incomes above 50 percent of the federal poverty level

the people who are abusing medicaid under this clause i would define as "lazy"

my wife and son are using medicaid. i am not.. and trust me im at the bottom of the income bracket

*sorry mods, i dont know how to bracket off site info yet. but im workin on it

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

That's just one of the repercussions of illegal immigration, they are bankrupting many states of funds that should only be going to US citizens.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Now thats the wat to go, take away there jobs, there health care, control there food supply, and then voila, youve just created the recipe for a nice little revolution, i know i know where all puppets, that wont do anything lol.

Just ask anybody that remembers true human history, it usualy ends up in a new begining, theres just so much bull we cna take, and after that, all is well hat ends well, bring in the new age, and let these morons have fun will it last.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It lloks to me like the cutting of medicaid should be done on those who can afford the treatments themselves, rather than to take away from those who cannot.
or perhaps this is already in effect?
Cutting medicaid for these low income people and their children seems more like a political move to undermine the program and embarass Obama.
As republicans are engineering it this may have some credibility.
Arizona has unique immigration problems that may be a factor in this decision, they may be trying to force federal co-operation in dealing with illegals.
Its all about bargaining chips and public opinion if you ask me, the ones who are left out have not been shown to be in fact illegals either.....
The over half the poverty income BS is still hurting those who are below the poverty line.regardless if they are making over half of the money that defies poverty, they still fall below the line.
Universal free health care is a basic right, no matter how one cuts it.!
Having an undeclared war going on is still illegal.
Having two of same happening is twice as illegal.
Stop trying to rule the world, and start taking care of the people who make the US the great country it was.......

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boredomsux

sounds fair enough to me.

The change would reduce enrollment in the state's Medicaid program, formally known as the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, by about a fifth. The bulk of those who would lose coverage are all non-pregnant, non-disabled, childless adults and also parents with incomes above 50 percent of the federal poverty level

the people who are abusing medicaid under this clause i would define as "lazy"

my wife and son are using medicaid. i am not.. and trust me im at the bottom of the income bracket

*sorry mods, i dont know how to bracket off site info yet. but im workin on it

Well said. A reasoned response.

I wish I was as eloquent.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting . . .

Taking in consideration that Obama care made Medicaid the public choice for those that can not be mandated into buying Healthcare due to low income, disability or no income at all.

I will keep an eye on this one because the qualifications were lowered under the HCR to cover more adults and children under obscure and Medicaid.

Perhaps is just a move to start clean when Obama care comes into effect on the people that will qualify under Medicaid.

Perhaps the article is not what it seems . ..

top topics

join