It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Breakthrough On Skin Cancer: A Pill That Will Fight The Disease Is Only 'A Year Away'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Last updated at 8:24 AM on 20th January 2011

According to this article which states:

"A pill has been developed which could revolutionise treatment of the most deadly form of skin cancer, ­significantly improving ­survival rates. For the first time, there is ­evidence the drug improves prospects for patients whose cancer has spread. Scientists have already found the size of tumours was significantly reduced in 80 per cent of those testing the drug, known as RG7204. The breakthrough was made ­following the full decoding of human DNA, which pinpointed a genetic flaw in about half of cases of malignant melanoma – the most aggressive form of skin cancer."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 21-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I would love to see this come to fruition, my father in law has been in a fight with skin cancer for many years now, he will be going in the morning as a matter of fact to have another 'spot' taken off. Feels routine at this point, but every 'spot' is a new scare for the family.

It is good to hear of advances in cancer cures.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
There is a school of thought that there's a link between a lack of vitamin D and skin cancer. There's a lot of information available, one free ebook is available on:
www.springer.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I agree. Now if the researchers could just find cures for all the other forms
of cancer people suffer from, that would be great! Hope your father-in-law
can benefit from this new cure when it becomes available.

top topics

join