It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A really vicious economic storm is coming and it is a complete and total nightmare! 12 Scenarios

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I had already realized that several of these are excellent possibilities, but number #2 and #10 were not on my list at all. There are probably several more that I haven't thought of, so please feel free to add to the list.

12 Economic Collapse Scenarios That We Could Potentially See In 2011 (Published on 01-20-2011)

What could cause an economic collapse in 2011? Well, unfortunately there are quite a few “nightmare scenarios” that could plunge the entire globe into another massive financial crisis. The United States, Japan and most of the nations in Europe are absolutely drowning in debt. The Federal Reserve continues to play reckless games with the U.S. dollar.

So will it be soon? Let’s hope not. Let’s certainly hope that it does not happen in 2011. Many of us need more time to prepare. Most of our families and friends need more time to prepare. Once this thing implodes there isn’t going to be an opportunity to have a “do over”. We simply will not be able to put the toothpaste back into the tube again.

So we had all better be getting prepared for hard times. The following are 12 economic collapse scenarios that we could potentially see in 2011….

#1 U.S. debt could become a massive crisis at any moment.

#2 Speaking of threats to the global financial system, it turns out that “quantitative easing 2″ has had the exact opposite effect that Ben Bernanke planned for it to have. Bernanke insisted that the main goal of QE2 was to lower interest rates, but instead all it has done is cause interest rates to go up substantially.

#3 The debt bubble that the entire global economy is based on could burst at any time and throw the whole planet into chaos.

#4 As the U.S. government and the Federal Reserve continue to pump massive amounts of new dollars into the system, the floor could fall out from underneath the U.S. dollar at any time.

#5 One of the primary drivers of global inflation during 2011 could be the price of oil.

#6 Food inflation is already so bad in some areas of the globe that it is setting off massive food riots in nations such as Tunisia and Algeria.

#7 There are persistent rumors that simply will not go away of massive physical gold and silver shortages.

#8 The U.S. housing industry could plunge the U.S. economy into another recession at any time.

#9 A combination of extreme weather and disease could make this an absolutely brutal year for U.S. farmers.

#10 The municipal bond crisis could go “supernova” at any time. Already, investors are bailing out of bonds at a frightening pace.

#11 Of course on top of everything else, the quadrillion dollar derivatives bubble could burst at any time.

#12 The biggest wildcard of all is war.

Original Source

Thank You.

edit on 21/1/11 by barkingdogamato because: Change Title

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato

#6 Food inflation is already so bad in some areas of the globe that it is setting off massive food riots in nations such as Tunisia and Algeria.

It's getting so bad in Tunisia that their own President had to flee the country. (Taking a nice vacation in Malta) Could this have also been fueled by the WikiLeaks release that portrays him and his family of being "Mafia-Like"?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I was about to jump in this thread wondering how FOS I thought it would be...But I have found no information here that isn't true.

The collapse of our economy inevitable, in my opinion. There is no way the gridlock in our political system, together with the papered over fraud and major losses in the financial system will allow a recovery of any substantial value, underlying or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Excellent thread. I'm just going to be picky for one moment

One thing I dislike is hearing all the time: "If the US goes down, then the rest of the world will be in trouble/chaos"

Here in Australia, the global financial crisis passed us by without much effect. Our economy is booming based upon our closeness with China. If the US did descend into financial chaos, then it would put many other nations in a far stronger position to negotiate for better prices on the global financial stage. Yes, there would be some wobbles. But there will always be a leader, and whatever country it is doesn't really matter. Stability is key, and once the dust had settled, we would just have a new big fish in a small pond.

I sincerely hope that the US does not implode, as I have many friends there. But if it did, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I say that in the nicest, most non-threatening way possible. Let me repeat: I like the US, and in no way do I want to inflame US people reading this post.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78

One thing I dislike is hearing all the time: "If the US goes down, then the rest of the world will be in trouble/chaos"

Here in Australia, the global financial crisis passed us by without much effect. Our economy is booming based upon our closeness with China. If the US did descend into financial chaos, then it would put many other nations in a far stronger position to negotiate for better prices on the global financial stage. Yes, there would be some wobbles. But there will always be a leader, and whatever country it is doesn't really matter. Stability is key, and once the dust had settled, we would just have a new big fish in a small pond.

I sincerely hope that the US does not implode, as I have many friends there. But if it did, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I say that in the nicest, most non-threatening way possible. Let me repeat: I like the US, and in no way do I want to inflame US people reading this post.

Cheers
Shane

hey shamus, not sure what part you are from but im in sydney and let me tell you - its coming. coming big time. its only the government spending that stopped us last time. the purse is empty and they cant stop it again.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78

Cheers
Shane

I doubt highly that the crisis has passed,for Australia or anyone,since there is currently 600 trillion to 1.3 Quadrillion dollars worth of toxic assets still being held by banks all over the entire world. The deriviatives crisis hasn't even begun to unwind yet. These outstanding debts will need to be dealt with and the outcome will not be good for anyone. The fallout could be catastrophic and take everyone with it.

I could be wrong,but then again....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

I'm surprised you picked #2 & #10 as the two you were previously unaware of. To be honest, those might be the two listed that the average American with only moderate interest in the news is the most familliar with out of the 12. Much of the rest of the list is either not immediately transparent to an uncurious eye or is easily manipulated in the general news to make it appear as if life is peachy keen.

I saw an article about a half an hour ago that said there is a task force of some nature working with several of the states to determine how to change both the federal constitution and the state constitutions to allow states to legally file bankruptcy and remove not only all bond debt (unsecured) from their books, but also all retirement/pension debt. The bond debt is one thing... it will cripple their abillity to issue bonds for decades, but would also force them into some sensibility money management-wise, only funding projects they have cash on hand to pay for. The retirement "debt" elimination is pure horsecrap. For many years these states counted the contributions into worker retirement & disabillity accounts as part of their benefit packages. Had the states NOT raided those accounts to pay for completely unrelated projects and had they NOT buckled to unions, guaranteeing that more would leave those accounts than was ever put in, this would never have happened. When you have guys who served their city, county, or state for 30 years taking less pay at the time than they could have made in the private sector, but doing so because of the guaranteed safety net the retirement funds offered over the riskier pre-401K plan days, it is a complete breach of contract and those former workers should have the right to sue the hell out of any state that shafts them in that way.

All logic says that the world and the US are headed for some serious pain. Either a full on collapse or a deep cutting austerity is going to happen. The past 2 years have pushed the United States to the point of no return, the next 2 years will likely see them hanging on the side of the cliff, and then the future will be ultimately decided by whether voters get a Washington which is forethright with the people and lays it out "Hey, it's either deep, bloody cuts for the next 10 years or systemic collapse" or another goober who simply blows smoke up America's rear end.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I didn't catch them as I live outside the states, South East Asia, so have not kept up with some of the issues as well as I should have.

I'll be watching much more now as I have to go to the states to work a contract there for a few months.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Yes, I agree, but once the fallout happens, the natural order will assert itself again and life will go on. I'm kinda an optimist. In a global sense.

Shane
edit on 21-1-2011 by shamus78 because: added stuff

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
we should have left the danged thing fall to begin with...all we've been doing the past few years is digging ourselves deeper into the massive pit we fell into. we are worse off now, than we were then! and it will be much harder to climb our way out now and rebuild the economy.
perferably on a stronger foundation that what this one has been based on for the past decades!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Europe was smart and created the "European Union" to have a new source of paper to spend. Fool countries into buying their bonds.

Imagine if in 2012 France stepped out of the European Union and went back to their old currency? Then everyone else followed suit....just walk away from that debt and old paper.

They don't possess enough military hardware to keep people away that would have been hosed out of Billions/Trillions. America would own them in exchange for our military protection.

As long as we have a big military, we won't have a problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
At the moment it's like the calm before the storm. People are beginning to believe that all is well and the economy is recovering and the stock market is continuing to climb. The fact of the matter is it only takes one thing to cave in and it will start a domino effect. The economy is hanging by a thread and anything can happen.
Watch this space...

new topics

top topics

join