It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corexit In Food Chain Responsible for Mass Animal Deaths?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I know there have been a few threads on this but I believe I have found something that everyone should be at least aware of....

With all of the mass animal deaths across the food chain and the world, I've been very bothered by the close proximity in the US of all of the deaths as well as how far up the food chain animals seem to be "mysteriously" dying in groups. Some of these events have been explained, but most have not.

Being a gardener and that I grow my own fruits, vegetables and herbs organically myself, I had an epiphany of sorts...

FISH EMULSION

What is fish emulsion you say?

Fish emulsion is nothing more than ground up fish parts of fish that we normally don't eat, the most common being used is the menhaden, also known as mossbunker, bunker and pogy. These fish parts CAN come from all over the world and the people who make fish emulsion usually don't examine the source of the fish, but guess where menhaden come from and where 90% of the fish used in emulsions come from?

You're gonna love this.... there are two kinds of menhaden....and they come from two places...

The Gulf of Mexico and Eastern Atlantic!

Gulf menhaden range from the Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico to Tampa Bay, Florida, finescale menhaden from the Yucatán to Louisiana, yellowfin menhaden from Louisiana to Virginia. The Atlantic menhaden ranges from Jupiter Inlet, Florida, to Nova Scotia. The various species of menhaden occur anywhere from estuarine waters outwards to the continental shelf.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY SO YOU UNDERSTAND THE IMPACT:

Presently, menhaden are an important input for fishmeal and fish oil, with both of these "reduction" products being used as feed for livestock and aquaculture, such as salmon, and in the case of fish oil for human consumption as a dietary supplement. Atlantic menhaden are an important link between plankton and upper level predators. Because of their filter feeding abilities, “menhaden consume and redistribute a significant amount of energy within and between Chesapeake Bay and other estuaries, and the coastal ocean.”[5] Because they play this role, and their abundance, menhaden are an invaluable prey species for many predatory fish, such as striped bass, bluefish, mackerel, flounder, tuna, Drum_(fish), and sharks. They are also a very important food source for many birds, including egrets, ospreys, seagulls, northern gannets, pelicans, and herons.

According to James Kirkley of the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), there are two established commercial fisheries for menhaden. The first is known as a reduction fishery. According to the Omega Protein Corporation, this fishery's output produces omega-3 oils for human consumption, and for aquaculture, swine, and other livestock feeds.[6] The second is known as a bait fishery, which harvests menhaden for the use of both commercial and recreational fishermen. Commercial fishermen, especially crabbers in the Chesapeake Bay area, use menhaden to bait their traps or hooks. The recreational fisherman use ground menhaden chum as a fish attractant, and whole fish as bait. The total harvest is approximately 500 million animals per year.[7]

Two companies harvest menhaden in the United States:

1. Omega Protein Corporation, Houston, Texas, with operations in Virginia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama which takes 90% of the national total;[7] and
2. Daybrook Fisheries, Empire, Louisiana.

Source

So now you're wondering what's the big deal about fish emulsion, right?

It's used in major Agriculture!!!

Fish emulsion is used as a natural fertilizer for pretty much ALL crops. Yes, read that again... fish emulsion is used as a FERTILIZER by pretty much any farmer that knows a thing or two about farming.

Now, let's think about this for a minute....

The main fish that is used in fish emulsion fertilizers comes from the Gulf of Mexico and along the eastern Atlantic. Then we have fertilizer run-off into the water supply, which happens everywhere because after you water your crops, it sinks back into the groundwater supply, right? And, if this emulsion is being sprayed on crops, wouldn't this also transfer to insects, birds, cows and other kinds of animals, basically moving right up the food chain? The same with predatory animals in each chain since they eat the smaller prey. Same with bait and chum for feeding other fish, and as mentioned above, they are also a very important food source for many birds, including egrets, ospreys, seagulls, northern gannets, pelicans, and herons (not excluding other birds, these are just a few).

FISH OIL SUPPLEMENTS

As mentioned before -

Omega Protein Corporation, Houston, Texas, with operations in Virginia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama which takes 90% of the national total.

Three out of those four locations would be directly impacted by the BP spill and the use of Corexit.

I sent an email to both Omega Protein Corporation AND Daybrook Fisheries. Here is what was sent to Omega Protein's head of PR:

Dear Mr. Landry -

I am writing to you due to recent concerns that I have regarding the recent BP incident that took place in the waters of the Gulf of Mexico. It is my understanding that you have operations in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, all of which have been dramatically impacted by this incident. As a consumer of fish oil products that are likely derived by your operations, I am greatly concerned about the possible ramifications this can have. I'd like to know what tests, if any, you have done to guarantee consumers and the public that there are absolutely zero contaminants from the BP incident in your products? I would also like to know if the tests are specific to Corexit or if they also include any ingredients or by-products of Corexit and what frequency any testing is being conducted?

I appreciate you time in advance and look forward to your response.

Regards,

I sent pretty much the same thing to Daybrook.

I have not heard back and it's been 2 days. I plan to follow up with a slightly more direct email tomorrow if I have not heard from them and I would suggest that other members perhaps do the same.

I'm asking that all ATS folks take a hard look at this because this could be what's causing so many animals to die, and I'm horribly worried that people may be next. As a consumer of fish oil and fish emulsion products, I'm worried myself because I have grown accustomed to using these products in large quantities and have always had great results with both.

I'm thinking that this could be the makings of one of the biggest post-BP cover-up conspiracies that could be cracked wide open. What if these companies are taking hush money and chugging along with operations? Anyone want to own a fishery?
(probably not a Corexit infested one)

I posted this a few days ago in the BP forum and it got a lot of attention, but since nobody really follows up on the BP stuff anymore, I (and others) felt it was important for other members to see it so I posted it in the General Conspiracy section.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I think this is all possible, and the way you break the sequence down step bye step kinda sent chills down my spine, if you dont mind i would like to use your email and sens it to them as well?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I had a similar thought but how does that explain the fish that washed up Chicago, or globally for that matter?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If im not mistaken, he states that it is used as a fertalizer, then from there the birds eat of the crops, and the rain and watering of the crops gets it into the water supply.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

Yes, please feel free to use the same email!

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Personally I think they are being caused by EMP's, cell phones, wi-fi, so much going through us and them all the time, new technology introduced at breakneck speeds, along with our magnetosphere going crazy, hell it could be going crazy because of cell phones too!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Interesting theory. Look here: MSDS for Corexit. That was a thread when the BP spill was going on. My post is on page one, but I'll quote a bit:

"BIOACCUMULATION POTENTIAL Component substances have a potential to bio-concentrate" It's going to get passed down the food chain, where simple organisms (who may have a higher concentration of Corexit) get eaten by more complex organisms. See the LC50 findings above.

The bio-accumulation potential of Corexit was been in our faces the whole time. In the official MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) But no-one seemed to care much about it.

Hope this helps,
Shane

Whoops, forgot to add, that was for the NICE version of Corexit. There were two variants used, and the other one (which I forget the pre-fix number of) is far, far more nasty and far more aggressive towards biological creatures.
edit on 21-1-2011 by shamus78 because: added stuff

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Wow, that reinforces the theory quite a bit, quite a direct link if you ask me!

I would give you a million stars if I could, thank you for that piece of information.

I'm hoping this thread will raise awareness because I really do think we are on the cusp of seeing widespread human impact.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I was just reading about the pelicans that are showing up dead in florida. The article I read said that something is stripping their feathers of an oil that coats the feathers to protect them from the cold. With this oil stripped off they are not protected by the cold water and dying. My question is can corexit strip this natural oil off of the pelicans feathers???

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I honestly don't know, but I have to say, I'm surprised people aren't jumping all over this.

I've sent 2 emails to both companies and have not heard a response back from them.

I really feel like this is a huge cover up!

Do people want to take fish oil supplements that have trace amounts of poison and will slowly make them sick, maybe kill them?

Do people want farmers to be in the dark about the "natural" fertilizers they are using? Because my bottle says OMRI on it, but they get their emulsion from companies operating in the Gulf! Are we now putting Corexit on fruits and vegetables all over the country?

That's what I'm attempting to find out...

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
Yeah, I had a similar thought but how does that explain the fish that washed up Chicago, or globally for that matter?

As CitizenAlpha pointed out and I mentioned in the post, fish emulsion is a packaged fertilizer. The providers of the emulsion come from the Gulf region. If they are emulsifying fish that have Corexit in them, even if it's in small amounts, it will add up to enormous amounts once emulsified and concentrated. This is what's put into bottles and given to farmers. It's very easy for shipments of these fertilizers to be shipped to other parts of the world.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Ka-Boom, i was just thinking about the corexit they used to disperse the oil. I honestly think that this is the nail in the coffin..I mean come on this crap is now in every water way, seaway, lake's, Ocean's it's all over the world...
The current's of our ocean's are fast and go many place's....everthing is being poisoned. Also not to mention what happen's when Corexit evaporates into the air?? maybe Mass bird and animal die off's??
Thanx for directing me to your post's....evjoyed the read!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This idea sounds plausible except for the fact the the animals are dying in large numbers at the same time, which does not seem to be the mark of contamination or poisoning.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Actually, it fits poisoning almost perfectly.

Given that a couple of cases have already been discovered to be intentional poisoning by the USDA, it absolutely fits.

If a group of birds eats tainted feed, they won't die immediately because the ingredients of Corexit are not all instant death, it says right on the MDS sheet (which another poster already provided) that Corexit is poisonous over time in an accumulative effect.

More and more, I think this fits. Add to that, the recent threads that are talking about how everyone in the country is suddenly sick with stomach and upper respiratory problems.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
UPDATE:

I have sent a second email to the public relations director at the Omega Protein corporation:

Mr Landry -

I am writing to you, again, as a follow-up to my previous email to you, to inquire about your testing of the fish you use for your products.

I can assure you, this is a serious inquiry and not a joke or a pun.

As a consumer of fish oil products, I am concerned since your business deals with the area involved in the BP Gulf of Mexico oil spill, which was known to use Corexit. Given the fact that the fish used in fish oil products is mostly non-edible fish, there is a great concern that testing for these harmful chemicals is being overlooked. Your failed response to my first inquiry would lead someone to question if that oversight is intentional or not.

I respectfully ask that you reply back with as much information as you can provide.

Thank you, again, in advance, for you time and consideration.

Regards,

How is this not getting more attention? Do I have to re-post it yet again with a different title maybe? I can't believe people are just passing this up... I've offered a TON of evidence of something being covered up here and on ATS, a conspiracy site, it's being ignored?

WOW....

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I won't say "nice thread", since it's quite sickening. But i has to be discussed. So "Nice to bring it up" this threat.

Just some quotes from a guardian article on Corexit:

"The decision, first reported in the Washington Post, comes only hours after Congress heard devastating testimony from BP executives and scientists on the high toxicity of two forms of Corexit, and their relative ineffectiveness against the type of crude now polluting the Gulf. The two versions of the chemical being used on the spill are banned in the UK because they are damaging to sealife."

"But they (the chemicals in Corexit and other dispersants) are carcinogenic, mutagenic, and highly toxic, and it is unclear how much damage they are causing to marine life in deep water – a risk acknowledged by the EPA chief, Lisa Jackson"

And the Link to the article Gulf oil chemical dispersant... Guardian.co.uk

Now if you have these chemicals and oil in the sea, and you make fertilizer out of the fish that consume that toxic soup. With the fertilizer you grow plants (Vegetables and animal food (!!!)) We all will end up consuming it.

A very disturbing thought.
Last couple of weeks there was a scandal in Germany with Food (especially chicken) containing lots of dioxine, off course nobody knows where it came from. Maybe this is the way it got in the food ??

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

A definite possibility, however, think of the extent of testing involved in trying to figure this out.

It would take a very large team of different scientists to work cooperatively in an effort to prove this. I think it can be done, and I've started by contacting the companies. So far, they aren't responding and giving me the silent treatment, which speaks volumes in terms of how they are handling this.

Just the fact that most people wouldn't think about it because it's non-edible fish is a big concern too. What not a lot of people realize, but what I posted in the OP, is that the same fish are very intimately connected in the food chain to so many other kinds of life.

If you look at the USGS site, a large portion of the deaths of the birds is being attributed to "avian botulism", which has almost the identical signs of poisoning that could occur with Corexit.

I'm convinced that there is more to this and we're just beginning to see it....

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I read an article yesterday about a Canadian that invented some ray that at one stage of development, as I understand it, accidentally killed thirty goldfish instantly through only milliseconds of exposure. These animal deaths were the first thing that sprung to mind when I read it. 'Angel light' was the name - I think.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the information!! I'm not taking or buying fish oil supplements anymore. For some reason I've had a bad feeling about taking them (especially the cheaper brands). I'll stick to a can of sardines and other actual fish sources for my omegas. But now I'm getting suspicious of those...I'm actually getting leery about eating anything from the supermarket these days.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

i am sure we all know where the food chain ends. is there a rush to identify and quarantine all affected users fertilised land and to stop such land from growing foodstuffs? maybe those with fingers on the buttons are hoping that a mass dispersal of product may dilute incidents of health deterioration to an even bigger footprint. i suppose the only question will be one of how much exposure is required to cause irreparable health conditions.

a link for you
sitfu.com...
f

top topics

<<   2 >>

join