It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is the MOON getting closer to Earth??

page: 3
8
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
What the heck is wrong with you people ?
Have you all lost the capacity and capability to do even the simplest and most basic research to answer your own questions ?

The following information that clearly explains observed changes in the moon's apparent size when viewed at different times took me less than 2 minutes to find using a simple Google search.

This apparent difference in size is clearly obvious in the following image.



The orbit of the Moon is distinctly elliptical with the nearest and farthest points in the orbit called the perigee and apogee respectively. The resultant non-circular form of the lunar orbit causes variations in the Moon's angular speed and APPARENT SIZE as it moves towards and away from an observer on Earth.

What the heck is wrong with YOU!
Bypassed all five senses to find an answer via google search? Pity.




posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I specifically came looking for a "Moon" thread this evening because earlier this evening, my 9 year old son asked me what was up with the moon. His 1st question was how many nights in a row is the moon going to be so massive? next question, "and another thing, it's not supposed to be where it is right now, because that's not where it was last night at this time."..HIS words, NOT mine....OOoo..outta the mouth of of babes...
......
Hey, I'm just proud that he looks to the sky & has a massive interest in all things science/space related...



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I can't believe someone made a thread on this. Was this the first time you ever saw the Moon rise or set? You never noticed that it looks a lot bigger near the horizon, but it's an optical illusion? And sometimes at perigee (Jan 22) it does look a bit larger?

Did you ever notice how it seems to follow you around when you drive? Does that still freak you out too?

Try to pay attention for a moment here, they HAVE seen the moon rise and set many times and because of that they HAVE noticed something unusual. You should actually be freaked out about the fact that YOU didn't notice anything unusual.



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I specifically came looking for a "Moon" thread this evening because earlier this evening, my 9 year old son asked me what was up with the moon. His 1st question was how many nights in a row is the moon going to be so massive? next question, "and another thing, it's not supposed to be where it is right now, because that's not where it was last night at this time."..HIS words, NOT mine....OOoo..outta the mouth of of babes...
......
Hey, I'm just proud that he looks to the sky & has a massive interest in all things science/space related...

You should be proud! That is a very bright young man.



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I specifically came looking for a "Moon" thread this evening because earlier this evening, my 9 year old son asked me what was up with the moon. His 1st question was how many nights in a row is the moon going to be so massive? next question, "and another thing, it's not supposed to be where it is right now, because that's not where it was last night at this time."..HIS words, NOT mine....OOoo..outta the mouth of of babes...
......
Hey, I'm just proud that he looks to the sky & has a massive interest in all things science/space related...


Sounds like a smart kid. This may help answer his question
en.allexperts.com...

On the average, the Moon rises about 40 minutes later each night. This is because as the moon orbits the Earth, it moves 13 degrees eastward every night. In the sky, 15 degrees translates into one hour of time, so you can see how the 13 degrees amounts to about 40 minutes or so.

And then to answer his next question:
myscientificbluff.blogspot.com...
Why Moon rises 50 minutes later everyday ?



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dsm1664
Slightly off-topic, however..

People many years ago used to think the the Sun and the Moon were one and the same. But what I don't understand is certainly over the last 3 years since I paid attention, the moon is visible in the sky during the day...clearly. Has out atmosphere changed that much, so that now the moon is constantly on show?

I've pondered this for a while..any answers?

For reference, this is observed in the UK and Spain.
edit on 21-1-2011 by dsm1664 because: location entry


It's observed everywhere
Why Do We See the Moon in Daylight?
www.space.com...



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So, if so many here on ATS are reporting such an "OBVIOUS" moon anomaly, then logically that would extrapolate to many 100's of thousands (if not many millions of people) around the world who also should be noticing that something weird is going on with the moon that has never happened before.

And yet, strangely enough I'm not hearing their assembled cries of wonderment, confusion, amazement and demands for explanations as one would tend to expect as a result of such a stellar spectacle !

Also, I wonder why the many, many, many lunar astronomers (both amateur & professional) around the world are keeping strangely quiet about such a heavenly wonder happening right before their very eyes ?

Hmmmm ... perhaps the answer is as simple as there's NOTHING unusual happening at all.

But if you still believe differently, then I suggest all of you that "think" you see something unusual occurring, get together, assemble your collective data and experiences and submit it for peer review in any one of the leading astronomical publications ... oh, also don't forget to notify the authorities, the media and last but not least, NASA ... just in case they happen to have not noticed that the moon is approaching the Earth !

Give me a break, people ... stop dragging ATS's credibility (and quality) down with this tabloidal rubbish



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Could it have anything to do with the progressive wobble of the earth? I took a picture one year ago today of my sun deck. I noticed the shadow cast by the sun has changed. Wouldn't the shadow be in the exact same place or even roughly in the same place as last year? I will take some photos tomorrow. If I can prove it, I will post the pictures.



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
So, if so many here on ATS are reporting such an "OBVIOUS" moon anomaly, then logically that would extrapolate to many 100's of thousands (if not many millions of people) around the world who also should be noticing that something weird is going on with the moon that has never happened before.

And yet, strangely enough I'm not hearing their assembled cries of wonderment, confusion, amazement and demands for explanations as one would tend to expect as a result of such a stellar spectacle !

Also, I wonder why the many, many, many lunar astronomers (both amateur & professional) around the world are keeping strangely quiet about such a heavenly wonder happening right before their very eyes ?

Hmmmm ... perhaps the answer is as simple as there's NOTHING unusual happening at all.

But if you still believe differently, then I suggest all of you that "think" you see something unusual occurring, get together, assemble your collective data and experiences and submit it for peer review in any one of the leading astronomical publications ... oh, also don't forget to notify the authorities, the media and last but not least, NASA ... just in case they happen to have not noticed that the moon is approaching the Earth !

Give me a break, people ... stop dragging ATS's credibility (and quality) down with this tabloidal rubbish

You mean like these peers? www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by tauristercus
So, if so many here on ATS are reporting such an "OBVIOUS" moon anomaly, then logically that would extrapolate to many 100's of thousands (if not many millions of people) around the world who also should be noticing that something weird is going on with the moon that has never happened before.

And yet, strangely enough I'm not hearing their assembled cries of wonderment, confusion, amazement and demands for explanations as one would tend to expect as a result of such a stellar spectacle !

Also, I wonder why the many, many, many lunar astronomers (both amateur & professional) around the world are keeping strangely quiet about such a heavenly wonder happening right before their very eyes ?

Hmmmm ... perhaps the answer is as simple as there's NOTHING unusual happening at all.

But if you still believe differently, then I suggest all of you that "think" you see something unusual occurring, get together, assemble your collective data and experiences and submit it for peer review in any one of the leading astronomical publications ... oh, also don't forget to notify the authorities, the media and last but not least, NASA ... just in case they happen to have not noticed that the moon is approaching the Earth !

Give me a break, people ... stop dragging ATS's credibility (and quality) down with this tabloidal rubbish

You mean like these peers? www.abovetopsecret.com...


So everyone of your suggested reviewers have similar experience and qualifications as would someone being published in any of the leading astronomical publications ... or as the myriad of global professional astronomers monitoring the sky 24/7/365 would have ... or as NASA, NORAD would have ... or the many, many satellite operators continuously monitoring gravitational effects on the orbits of the 1000's of satellites ... would have ?

If that's what YOU believe, then again, I strongly suggest the lot of you analyze your data, formulate your hypotheses and make your predictions on the possible widespread, global repercussion of the moon approaching the Earth.

Then do everything you can to make the rest of humanity aware of the impending and unavoidable calamity about to befall us.

edit on 21/1/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Fact:- Many people are now noticing that there is something wrong with the moon.

Fact:- After the bird die offs began, many people reported not seeing the moon at all for days, even in clear skies!

Fact:- The moon has an effect on the oceans and tides.

Fact:- There has been huge floods.

Fact:- The wife of a top Nasa astronaught is assassinated.

Fact:- Said astronaught currently resides on ISS.

Fact:- Before all this started China reported strange findings on photographs of the moon.

Fact: People are noticing the sun rising at incorrect times.

Are the links here beginning to emerge?

This consipiracy is huge! There is something very wrong on our earth and the cause of it lies above us!



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeast1111
 

Fact: I live on the coast in Florida, and our tides have had no anomalies.
Fact: For that tide theory to be legit, the entire planet would be affected by wonky tides. It's not.
Fact: If you apply enough woo-woo logic, anything is possible when you want it to be. But it doesn't mean it actually is.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Just because you havent detected any anomolies does not mean they are not there.
For your information TPTB are trying very hard to hide them from their worker bees.
The last thing they want is to alarm the hive. The queen bee needs feeding.
There is a matrix type illusion in place in our skies, the irridium sattelite network and chem trails are used together to give the impression that all is normal, however it is clear to many people that all is far from well.
The facts speak for themselves!



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus
 


I find it hilarious how people are just ignoring you


Me and my mother were just commenting about the size of the moon the other night (from Ireland), it appeared very large, but neither of us would think ' oh no the moon is coming towards us' lol, its ridiculous.

Its common sense folks.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by tauristercus
 


I find it hilarious how people are just ignoring you


Me and my mother were just commenting about the size of the moon the other night (from Ireland), it appeared very large, but neither of us would think ' oh no the moon is coming towards us' lol, its ridiculous.

Its common sense folks.


Finally ... a breath of common sense and simple logic ... thank you sooooo much Lady Tuatha


Unfortunately though, common sense and logic appears to be a very limited commodity in many of these threads.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was coming home the other morning from taking my kids to school and I saw this huge thing in the sky...it was partially hidden by the trees, so all I saw was a large, round bright thing and I gasped and actually said "what the heck is that?" out loud. When I got a better view, I clearly saw that it was the moon setting on the horizon. I came home and googled 'huge moon' and found this simple explanation. It's an illusion. The article is a little bit old but the concept applies.

Huge Moon Illusion



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420
 


And what if it harbors a fleet of flesh-eating space unicorns, intent on invading any minute now?!?!?



"What if" can get pretty silly.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've seen that before within the past few years. It was huge and orange. Kicking myself for not taking a picture.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
As far as I understands according to scientists the moon is actually getting further away from earth.Apparently our magnetic field is losing it's grip on the moon and maybe sometime in the future it'll be shot away into galaxy and beyond.



posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK
 

THAT is the coolest yet creepiest background avatar EVER.




top topics



 
8
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join