It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one whose sick and tired of ghost shows?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I watch Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures almost religiously and every show is the same

No offense, but there is a gap in logic right there.
Don't you have better things to do with your time?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hear you! I find myself focusing on the interesting location more than the investigation. Ghost Hunters will start some new episodes in Feb., if its the same ole, same ole I will no longer be watching. As for the other show on the Travel Channel (forgot the name), over dramatzied, if you pay attention you will notice they get very little, when they do get something they go on and on and on about it - I get the impression they are trying to add more to it in a round about way.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My favorite thing is how they after all these years still find it necessary to explain to us what an EVP is.
I can't stand them either. But I watch every freaking one of them. I still think the only ones to have caught some legit stuff is Ghost Adventures. Zach is so annoying!!! I hate him!! I hate how he tries to provoke all the time. If ghosts are real why would you want to disrespect them even if they did do something bad in the past? But I like the show because they actually catch stuff like when the brick and 2X4 went flying and they got footage on it. Ghost Hunters Im soo sick of the Tidy Bowl man he is so flippy floppy on his opinion as to what is haunted and what is not its ridiculous. Also Ghost Hunters went from being nice guys to kinda crappy with the people they were reviewing. Also when they started they used to do houses and businesses and then they stopped and did only businesses and saw they were losing rateings and went back to houses again but they are almost being jerks and making the home owner feel like thay are crazy. Also when they would get something really good on camera light the light house when the rocking chair moved or when they did the halloween special and Grants Jacket got pulled on several occasions and had clear footage of it they just played them off and didnt discuss them hardly at all. I would think if you had hard core evidence that you would play that to no end that you got something possibly legit!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
You folks are sick and tired of these shows. Oh, the horror of it all! Do your parents force you to watch them? Does your television have a channel selector or maybe an on/off switch? For most people it's a pretty simple solution. Sorry you haven't found your way there yet. All in good time.
actually yeah, when i would try to hang out with my mom it was all she would watch, get the evil eye if i look for something else.

i swear there was one where a guy defecated in his pants with sound effects and all and everyone on the show was flipping out cause it was a "possession"
edit on 21-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: yarr

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnieG
I can't stand them either. But I watch every freaking one of them.... Zach is so annoying!!! I hate him!!

Again, I can't help but wonder:
is it a case of masochism?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Paranormal state FTW!
just kidding....they are mostly all awful, but for some reason, I enjoy Ghost Adventures, even though they make me laugh ALOT.

They are all also investigating the same places lol.

Take it with a grain of salt, I do think they are on their way out, unless someone can go to raw footage and less seksi blair witch camera angles mixed with rock film clip visuals lol.

Anyhoo.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
AND DON'T ANYONE KNOCK VAMPIRE DIARIES. VAMPIRE DIARIES ---RULES---!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I can't stand them either. But I watch every freaking one of them.... Zach is so annoying!!! I hate him!!

Again, I can't help but wonder:
is it a case of masochism?

Naaa no masochism here. I believe its a fascination in the paranormal that get people to watch these show no matter what. In this case something is better than nothing. Everyone knows youtube sucks for footage especially when they draw you in and then try to scare you with the face of the girl from the Exorcist and a really loud scream. It gets tireing.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
...why is it called ghost hunters? When you hunt something , you're suppose to catch it nobody. Any hunting show I see about deer or fish , they always catch deer or fish. How come this doesn't happen on ghost hunters? How can you make a show about hunting and only get videos and voice recording of the thing your hunting?...

Say you live in a world where millions of people believe in the existence of deer and fish. Many claim to have actually seen and even eaten one. Now consider that the only evidence available supposedly supporting the existence of deer or fish are stories of strange sounds heard in the woods, a broken twig, a rustle in the bush, or an odd splash issuing from a supposedly calm body of water. Occasionally someone will publish a blurry photograph of an alleged deer which may or may not actually just depict a pile of rocks or a trick of the light. Naturally, people disagree about whether deer or fish actually exist. You decide to launch a six-year televised expedition into the creatures' natural habitat in order to settle the matter once and for all. After six years you have no direct photographic evidence, nor any conclusive physical evidence, and in fact you were never really sure that there actually were any deer or fish in any of the forests or streams you visited. What's more, every other investigation has also failed to uncover any conclusive evidence.

I suppose the unpopular thing to do would be to conclude that there probably are no deer or fish.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Naaa no masochism here. I believe its a fascination in the paranormal that get people to watch these show no matter what. In this case something is better than nothing.

I see! So it's like pr0n. Not for real, but better than nothing.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

But the problem with that is that they've been using the same exact way to try and capture evidence for six long years. I'm not saying I want them to actually find ghost. I just want them to try some new more science based approaches to finding them.

I mean the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Just because you don't have any proof that something exist doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In order to prove that something doesn't exist you must have proof that it doesn't exist which to my knowledge no one has.

Do you have any proof ghost don't exist? Because if you do , I'd be glad to read it , watch it or hear about it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

What other avenues of approach can they pursue? Which properties of ghosts or haunting should they try to test?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
reply to post by Reptius

What other avenues of approach can they pursue? Which properties of ghosts or haunting should they try to test?

They have moved from using "static cams" during the entire lockdown to using "static cams" during the last 30 minutes of the lock down.

They used the ultraviolent video camera once or twice, with intriguing results, and then canned it.

They have re-focused their emphasis from an objective analysis of data to a subjective "look at the hairs on my arms standing up" and "oh, man, I don't feel too good" touchy-feely form of investigating.

Finally, they are routinely bringing more people into the lockdown with them, which was a rare event compared to their previous avenues of approach. For instance, they should probably leave their "EVP analyst" out of the site. They should probably leave Jason and Leatherface out of the site.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

Yes, I'm in agreement with you. I used to be an avid ghost hunter. I don't do it as much now, unless someone calls on me to do it, but all the ghost shows get on my nerves. I was the ultimate T.A.P.S. fan, starting out, but it got old to me and then they were caught faking stuff. It made me mad. Now I don't watch ANY of them. Oh, and then Paranormal State came out and it made me want to scream and throw things. That show is a joke.

Granted, I don't really see how they could "catch" a ghost... you know, like Ghost Busters, lol. And I did see some pretty good footage on some of the shows (mostly Ghost Hunters) but once they were caught faking stuff on that one Halloween show, who's to say they didn't fake the other stuff?

I know ghosts are real. I know things happen that really can't be explained and I think that some of these shows may have started out legit, but in the end, it all comes down to ratings and who knows what kind of BS they start trying to pull off when they need to bump the ratings up. I think T.A.P.S sold out. The other shows were sell outs from the beginning, IMO.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That's why I don't watch them any more, Ghost Adventures seemed the best because they actually caught stuff but again, it was never proven sufficiently within the hour the show was on.

Most Haunted.....I used to watch that religiously for years but the last few years I stopped because not only was it constantly full of them screaming at the slightest thing even if it wasn't paranormal, there also seemed to be blatant fakery and making up of stuff that was never caught on camera.

Saying that, the psychic they used for a few seasons David Wells seems like a very genuine and likable guy, I believe out of all the psychics used on that show he was the real deal

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
It's so funny to me that I wake up this morning to see this thread, because I watched the ghost hunting show on Travel Channel last nite with Zak and then also watched a couple Ghost Hunters Intl on demand...I thought they seemed really lame - I mean, not interesting at all. I used to like watching Ghost Hunters, but the shows I watched last nite - results they found were nothing - almost seemed made up. It seemed so staged. So I'm probably going to be off of watching these types of shows....unless maybe an acutal good show comes along.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
You are not alone my brother, why would anyone watch them if they happened to have something that you really wanted to see happen, you would have heard all about it long before it aired, those shows SUCK

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I used to think these shows were quite interesting, 'til they started repeating the same stuff every week.

As other have mentioned before me, we have/had a show here called 'Most Haunted', and as I knew one of the cronies who thay got in as a consultant personally, I can say with every degree of confidence that it is all a crock of BS.
The guy was a total fraud and chatlatan when I knew him, and I could see him fumbling over his words trying to answer the various inane questions put to him throughout the course of the programme.

The show's presenter kept doing this Qabalistic cross chant as a protection ritual too, without any of the relevant gestures or visualisations too, and what's with all the Tesla coils and other gimmicky gadgets they kept trying to convince us had some kind of relevance in a paranormal investigation?

They also used what they called an ouija board, except it had no letters or numbers on it. WTF?

Even though I have had a plethora of paranormal experiences during the course of my life, I was tempted to become a raving skeptic after watching this tripe.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

I still have respect for Dr Ciaran O'Keefe despite the show's fakery and such because even he seemed to look genuinely amazed at the stuff they'd say and do and frustrated with the team, especially on the live shows they did.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Choppers, ghosts, tatoos,idols are all mindless crap. Pick up a good book or enjoy what little time any of us really have with our children and families rather than waste it on this TV wasteland. When was the last time you played games or read a book together as a family? Do we all have that much time on our hands? I remember singing songs with my baby girls and now they have finished college. Just an hour a day with them will enrich everyones lives with memories that fade all too quickly. When they have children we will all sit around and talk about what a cool ghost program we saw back in 2010? At the very least listen to some music together and turn the damn box off or go for a walk and listen to the wind flow through the trees or visit neighbors or relatives. Pick a new subject to study together that will bring more questions than answers. Even a damn website can bring better and healthier discussions than what Foose can do with an unlimited budget to a piece of crap car. Build one yourselves and learn something. Life is much to short to waste it on who lives in a pineapple under the sea. Sorry, I just had to get it off of my chest. Limit the hours and use the rest productively as a family. If you are single, maybe that is part of the reason why. Don't even get me started on gamers.Our lives are so short and they are gone before we begin to appreciate them. Show love to the people in your lives and have a heart even for those who don't.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join