It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim new geoglyph find in Nazca, Peru

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well.. wow.. thanks so much for holding that in reserve

Incredible bit of stuff really.. It saddens me to know that we have lost all this information from our previous cultures.. or how it has been suppressed over thousands of years by those who are in the know and don't want to share etc.

this is obviously a work of great knowledge and undertaking.. A knowledge that is not easily gained.. maybe

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

created between 500 B.C. and 500 A.D.

...how do they know when they were created?...
...cant carbon date rock, can you?...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Yup now we are getting into a different ball game than just simple animal figures

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that image, Slayer, it certainly looks as though they were working something out mathematically with that, pertaining to the sky. Outside of the "zoomorph" geoglyphs so many of the Nazca lines are straight, I can't imagine for what purpose those could be except related to astronomical observations carved right into the earth.

If you haven't seen this site, give it a look, it's fairly new and loaded with Nazca line images,
www.nazcamystery.com...

Mo matter how many time I see these it still blows my mind, especially the ones that are ram-rod straight ignoring the terrain;

edit on 21-1-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: add link

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It doesn't look like any other geo glyph at Nazca
It doesn't look like art
It doesn't look like a human or an animal
It doesn't look like anything at all

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Doesn't that scream St Peter's Basilica to anyone but me? They look identical.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Here is an interesting link....

Origins and Meanings of the Eight-Point Star

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Thanks for that Slayer.. ignore the typos in that page and you get a nice little report..

As for the Borg, thank you.. That is a shining example of what is/has been covered up.
Perhaps this little lot will help shine some light on the subject a bit more

thehiddenrecords.com...

I also remember a thread here on ATS as to how the Vatican and its church should be closed down co0mpletely due to its connections with astrology.. which, apparently, is supposedly banned by that particular faith.. but we have seen them move the goal posts several times over the last few years.

Can't find the link to that thread, but thisone here kinda gets the ball rolling..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

IMO, these lines and pictures in Nazca are far more than we may think. In one of the links posted above, it would seem that they may point towards our 'star system' of origin... ??

Many of the symbols we see in all the ancient sites have a resonance that continues to be heard across the ages... If only we would all listen to it rather than it being some great secret held by those who believe they are in a position of power..

The recent film, the book of Eli, is a simple example of that..

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I seriously recognize that face.

ooooohhhh nooooooooooooooo
It's Mr. Bill!

There's no telling what has washed or eroded away over time.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

It doesn't look like any other geo glyph at Nazca
It doesn't look like art
It doesn't look like a human or an animal
It doesn't look like anything at all

I've been watching how this thread developes since yesterday. In my first post you can see links to local sources and according to that, they are real.

Now, years ago I've been in Nazca and I had my feet right next to the lines, carefully walked around and also touched the lines with my hands. I can confirm that this photo is totally different to the Nazca lines.

To me, this one is not related to the Nazca culture since it looks made with a different technique. Also looks more like a print in the land produced by a heavy object, or a craft on a vertical landing and depart.

In my first post of this thread, I included a photo of another of these new figures found. That is more like Nazca lines are.

I'm still waiting for email answers from my contacts in Peru, if there is a video or more info, I'll bring it right the way.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
While we wait, here is some amazing information. This is the new theory about Nazca Lines, developed by Luis H. Cabrejo. I personaly found it fascinating. I also include here a video link where Mr. Cabrejo himself explains his theory, but is in spanish.

www.apexpetroleum.com.pe...

www.youtube.com...

English :

www.cabrejo.com...:nasca-code&catid=36:familia&Itemid=44

edit on 22-1-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I'm assuming you're referring to the architectural layout?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Looks more like Alien Grey or something, than Human to me, if it WAS anything. Or even a cyberman from Doctor Who haha.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I am. The two concentric circles seem to be omitted from the actual floorplan though, which makes me wonder why.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Isnt there a Dome above said location?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Fair point. Once you mentioned that, I had a "duh" moment. There may indeed be something to that. Funny thing is that the original architect never got to the site, as far as I can tell.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Never mind

TMI.

edit on 22-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Let me clarify what I meant in my previous post. I was talking about Donato Bramante, as he was the Architect responsible for the layout of St Peter's Basilica. I do not believe he ever visited South America, as he spent almost all of his time in Rome studying under others. What surprises me the most about this are the similarities in the designs of both. it's like he went to South America and Drew out the designs on the desert floor to get an idea of what he wanted to build before submitting it for consideration.

Just boggles the mind when you think about it.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I don't even really have anything to say about this new thing WETF. I want to know what the hell motivated these people, to draw some gigantic, bug eyed, cartoon charecter on the side of a hill, waving at people in airplanes that weren't going to be along for 500, 1500, 3000 or 30.000 yrs? Why did they feel so compelled to draw all of these
oddities that no one would recognise till now? I'm sorry but this has been bothering me long enough.

I want the answer and I don't want to wait any longer.

Anybody?
edit on 23-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Perhaps they did it to send a signal to their Gods, whom they surmised lived up in the heavens. And naturally, the only way that the Gods could "see" the people's devotion was by them making these huge glyphs on the sides of hills and in vast deserts.

Now I don't necessarily subscribe to this particular explanation, but it IS one explanation that has some merit.

TheBorg

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join