It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death to commercials!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought this thread back to the forefront, I really am. In my building where I live, the landlord provides cable. A while ago, the cable guys came in, to upgrade our service. I got a remote that goes with our little black box they installed. Well. Let me tell you.
When I point at a channel to bail from the sudden assmercial, guess what happens? The channel does not change for about 2-to-3 seconds. So I have this frozen----image sitting there of the assmercial in midstream. Just very very recently, this commercial was of this skinny woman eating a cup of chocolate jello. she was holding a little teaspoon of it, moving it toward/into her mouth in slow motion, of course. I KID YOU NOT, her jaw and mouth moved open AS WIDE as the reptillians on 'V' when they are going to swallow a mouse. I'm certain though, the intent of the advertiser was to subconsciously make you think of acrobatic-type fellatio, like 'Linda Lovelace' used to do. NO it's not my dirty mind, I am --convinced-- I am correct here. WELL ANYWAY, the channel image --froze-- --right-- --there-- so I had to sit and look at that for about 2-to-3 seconds. It's disgusting disgusting disgusting disgusting disgusting offensive offensive offensive offensive.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

That said though, SOME commercials are entertaining, and I'm game for those...but most are drivel.

Eeeeevery once in a blue moon, the adsters get it right. I am afraid to admitt: I LOVE THE ALLSTATE MAYHEM MAN!!! Yay, Mayhem Man. Donal Draper must have come up with that'un. (Well no, I think that would be Peggy Olson.)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m Or how about when this stupid c*** is sitting on the floor or (I saw someone write, up in a tree) with her skinny legs up, eating

I knew it, I knew I wasn't crazy. Last night, on some --- channel, I got "got" by a commercial of this female sitting up on giant clock hands! One leg up and one leg draped over, the clock big hand. EATING something.
HOW STUPID! Stupid stupid stupid.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I agree 110% with all the complaints in this thread, and I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one. My wife is addicted to tv, and she will have it on literally all day on the weekends, so I can't help but be exposed to it.

Most commercials cause me to think "wow, I guess someone didn't have any ideas for a commercial and had a deadline to meet". However, more than that, it's the repetition of them that really grate on my nerves. TV usually plays the same commercials throughout the same shows. I can't see this serving any other purpose than to piss people off. Honestly, who enjoys this kind of repetition? Is this supposed to make me want to buy the product advertised? Well, it has the opposite effect on me. For example, there have been times that I was excited to see a movie coming out in theaters, but decided not to go see it due to being sick of the trailers.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join