It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

be careful not to grind my gears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

this one this is the one that gets me

and ofcourse

There is a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part; you can't even passively take part, and you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!"

edit on 20-1-2011 by questcequecest because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by questcequecest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This was a great film! I loved it, except the end, which depressed me. Not that I would write any spoilers here, but for those who haven't seen it, you're missing a great gem of a film.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

atleast the ending was real to life tho!!
one of the must see social commentary movies of all time
every scene is great

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
thanks for posting these

i cant believe i have never heard of this movie, it looks great

that speech is also amazing.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

You've got that right, for sure!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It's a movie about a loser guy with emotional issues that goes postal and sets off on a shooting spree on his way to try to murder his wife.

What about this is so inspiring?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

get your hand off it. way more than that. thats what normal people see this film as.
btw did u even watch this movie? or u just watched it and saw what u wanted to see?
he doesnt want to murder his wife at all.
"I am not a vigilante. I am just trying to get home to my little girl's birthday party and if everyone will just stay out of my way, nobody will get hurt. "

pretty simple
edit on 21-1-2011 by questcequecest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Sure I watched the movie. I just didn't interpret it the way you did.
It was not as simple as you say, but I get the gist of what you are trying to say.

Something like.

A free man on his way to his little girl's birthday should not be interfered with, or he may just go ballistic.

If that floats your boat, sail on.

I disagree about the guy in the movie, you ignore all the character development.
The guy was mentally disturbed, he snapped, and he was going to shoot his wife.

Yeah I know the gang guys got what they deserved, and he won the turf war with the bat.

He took the law into his own hands. He was a criminal when he shot the car crash victims, when he pulled the gun at the fast food joint. He was a criminal when he busted up the store where the soda was too expensive.
He got killed in the end didn't he? He was a nut job. A reasonable gun owner would have shot him dead on the spot, like the cop did.

Try "The Postman" that's a much better Patriot chest puffer movie.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. You may have wanted to seperate the Falling Down thing from the speech.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

hahaha see this how i know my side is the right side to be on !
the postman!!! god that movie stunk. kevin costner walking around for 3 hours " Post-apocalyptic America. What begins as a con game becomes one man's quest to rebuild civilization by resuming postal service."
debate finished,

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Falling Down next to Wall street, and The Ghost and the Darkness one of my fav. Michael Douglas flicks of all time. Don't make a good man go bad or else he will hit your knee's with a club.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest

hahaha see this how i know my side is the right side to be on !
the postman!!! god that movie stunk. kevin costner walking around for 3 hours " Post-apocalyptic America. What begins as a con game becomes one man's quest to rebuild civilization by resuming postal service."
debate finished,

You can't understand written material, any better than you understand movies. I never said it was a good movie, I said it was a better Patriot chest puffer movie, which it is. Both are ridiculous, but it takes a real mental athlete to relate to the Michale Douglass character in falling down.

Your side? The ignorant?

Ignorance never wins.

Conversation over.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

what about the game? that was sweet

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

That is true The Game was really good, but there is something about The Ghost and the Darkness I guess it being a true story, and the addition of Val Kilmer just makes it stick out to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

maybe that was your problem you didnt relate to him. missed it by... that... much
discussion finished.

top topics

join